lyons, il politics
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#7770 Jul 30, 2013
question wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he still paying himself $2, 000 per month for rent? How about his BMW car payments? Amymore trips to Vegas?????
He is only paying himself $1,000.00 a month in rent, and no car payments, but he is paying for gasoline and seems to be buying a lot of donuts and ice. And does anyone know when AT&T started providing accounting services?
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#7771 Jul 30, 2013
OOOPS - sorry I missed it, but there is a payment of $462.00 to Laurel BMW for "auto maintenance"...is that allowed under campaign finance laws? Will have to check.
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#7772 Jul 30, 2013
"A political committee may lease or purchase and insure, maintain, and repair a motor vehicle if the vehicle will be used primarily for campaign purposes or for the performance of governmental duties. A committee shall not make expenditures for use of the vehicle for non-campaign or non-governmental purposes." I guess Chris only drives his BMW when performing campaign or government duties...
Need to know

Forest Park, IL

#7773 Jul 30, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
He is only paying himself $1,000.00 a month in rent, and no car payments, but he is paying for gasoline and seems to be buying a lot of donuts and ice. And does anyone know when AT&T started providing accounting services?
Did you look at both of his committees? Citizens for Christopher Getty AND United Citizens Party! Each committee was paying him $1,000 per month! For a total of $2,000 month. What a farce
Fed up

Forest Park, IL

#7774 Aug 1, 2013
It must be good to be the KING!!!
WTH wrote:
OOOPS - sorry I missed it, but there is a payment of $462.00 to Laurel BMW for "auto maintenance"...is that allowed under campaign finance laws? Will have to check.
Tootsie

Forest Park, IL

#7775 Aug 1, 2013
Fed up wrote:
It must be good to be the KING!!!<quoted text>
Better than being an old Queen !
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#7776 Aug 2, 2013
Tootsie wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than being an old Queen !
You must be referring to Ken...LOL
Pleasssssssse

United States

#7777 Aug 2, 2013
Fed up wrote:
It must be good to be the KING!!!<quoted text>
More like a.... JOKE!
what

Tinley Park, IL

#7778 Aug 2, 2013
Pleasssssssse wrote:
<quoted text>More like a.... JOKE!
The way the whole Village is run is "just a joke". I really cant wait until I read about how the Feds come in and take a bunch of corrupt individuals to jail. That will be the day, and I can say it is needed and hopefully not too far in the very near future. Politicians are like diapers, they are full of sh*t and should be changed often.
Useful Info

Forest Park, IL

#7780 Aug 4, 2013
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#7781 Aug 5, 2013
So the village cn tear down abandoned houses and tear them down, but the dangerous eyesore of the old village hall remains. There is a difference between "historic" and "decrepit"...
No Joke

Forest Park, IL

#7782 Aug 5, 2013
Town Eyes

Westchester, IL

#7783 Aug 5, 2013
Useful Info wrote:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/ne ws/palm-beach/fl-gx-license-pl ate-recognition-eps-20130803,0 ,1889010.graphic
Lyons PD has one of those mounted on one of the older SUV's for the past 8 years or so.
Taxpayers United

United States

#7784 Aug 6, 2013
No Joke wrote:
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n 3/231202-pennsylvania-2-dead-i n-government-building-shooting -in-ross-township/
And your point is???? Closer to home, McCook is planning to allow a 40 foot high propane tank to be erected along 47th Street on the west end of their McCook Metals TIF. And the big worry at their Zoning Commission meeting last night was the size of the signage allowed.

Guess McCook didn't catch what happened in Florida last week...and those were SMALL tanks...or doesn't care about the neighbors. After all, the residences in McCook are more than a mile away from the location of proposed tank. Not so those in Brookfield or southwest Lyons.

The State Fire Marshall permits and regulates tanks like this; can Chief Nord give us the lowdown at the VOL Board meeting next week?
Or is he in the dark, as well?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#7785 Aug 6, 2013
I believe it is an LNG (liquified natural gas) facility, not propane - a bit of difference, but not a heck of a lot. Read the attached for a little information...note that the GAO recommended banning LNG facilities in urban areas. Not that matters much to Tobolski - I bet he already has a nice contribution from the applicant.

http://www.energyjustice.net/files/naturalgas...
Taxpayers United

United States

#7786 Aug 6, 2013
WTH wrote:
I believe it is an LNG (liquified natural gas) facility, not propane - a bit of difference, but not a heck of a lot. Read the attached for a little information...note that the GAO recommended banning LNG facilities in urban areas. Not that matters much to Tobolski - I bet he already has a nice contribution from the applicant.
http://www.energyjustice.net/files/naturalgas...
Thank you, as always for clarifying. Another "under the radar" move from McCook. I know Tobolski recieved a total of $2000.00 in contributions from the developer (Brdge Development Partners LLC) and the construction contractor (Premier Design & Build) for the 300,000 square foot warehouse to be erected on the old AKZO site at 8201 W. 47th Street. Another McCook contaminated land TIF...according to the Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessment, this one has lead on site at a concentration of 19,800ppm. One and a half blocks from Costello School, no less.
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#7787 Aug 7, 2013
What concerns me, even more than the fixed site in McCook is the way the LNG will be transported to the site. I can't envision the use of tracks (capacity too small), so it will either have to be rail or water. This means rebuilding the rail spur to the site and then moving tank cars (each with about 33,000 gallons of LNG) through McCook. The other would be to build a pipeline transfer from the canal to the site. Considering the volume of propane and anhydrous ammonia - along with other hazardous materials - I just don't like adding to the volume and potential for a disaster. And, no, I am not paranoid - I know that with the addition of shelf couplers and head shields the number of Crescent City type events has decreased significantly, but it would take only one incident to wipe out McCook and part of Lyons. I am trying to find the EIS for this project, but no luck so far.
Taxpayers United

United States

#7788 Aug 7, 2013
WTH wrote:
What concerns me, even more than the fixed site in McCook is the way the LNG will be transported to the site. I can't envision the use of tracks (capacity too small), so it will either have to be rail or water. This means rebuilding the rail spur to the site and then moving tank cars (each with about 33,000 gallons of LNG) through McCook. The other would be to build a pipeline transfer from the canal to the site. Considering the volume of propane and anhydrous ammonia - along with other hazardous materials - I just don't like adding to the volume and potential for a disaster. And, no, I am not paranoid - I know that with the addition of shelf couplers and head shields the number of Crescent City type events has decreased significantly, but it would take only one incident to wipe out McCook and part of Lyons. I am trying to find the EIS for this project, but no luck so far.
Not to mention south Brookfield, right across 47th Street. Do remember that EVERY NFR for the McCook Metals site has a construction worker warning not to excavate without precautions to avoid exposures to the hazardous and/or toxic materials that were capped by concrete and /or clean fill, but are still on site. So there's releases of that to worry about, too, in addition to heat, fire and blast effects of a catastrophic failure.
What the Heck

Forest Park, IL

#7789 Aug 7, 2013
and McCook marches on, doing whatever they want with no regard to the people living in the contamination area just north of 47th between 1st and Lawndale or the people living north of 47th between 47th and Plainfield and 1st. Why should they, those are Lyons and Brookfield men, women, and children........they don't live in McCook. I'm sorry to even write this since I don't believe the residents of McCook even know how bad these situations are, only Tobolski who is running the show. Greed for the bucks drives this program, both programs are ok with the McCook mayor since none of the property is contaminated........yeah, right....Akzo and Reynolds property, clean as the new driven snow, just as Tobolski.
Taxpayers United

United States

#7791 Aug 8, 2013
Some not-so-comforting info on natural gas "upsets" and their consequences:

http://content.usatoday.net/dist/custom/gci/I...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willow Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Asset Recovery Associates ARA Inc (May '16) 22 min Will Roth77 396
News Red-light cameras rake in millions for Chicago ... 2 hr Silvio 3
who will getvemty trustee chair midlo? 14 hr Larry Ryan 6
News Playland beloved by kids, but injuries led to i... (Jun '09) 15 hr Mike42 98
Douglas Schroeder (Jun '13) 15 hr dksh 84
News 2 poodles dropped from 5th floor of Oak Lawn pa... Wed Poodle poop 7
CR School Board Election Results Tue Cheeto Santino 13

Willow Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Willow Springs Mortgages