Vice President Cheney In Town

Full story: NBC 10 Philadelphia

Vice President Dick Cheney is planning a brief visit to suburban Philadelphia. Cheney arrived at the Willow Grove Naval Air Station in Montgomery County on Thursday morning and toured the Philadelphia Financial ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Oh OK

Mount Laurel, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2008

who cares....
jw bristol

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2008

I got an idea - lets make Cheny and Bush and all other legistrators pay for their own gas - then we will see how fast gas prices come down. I notice the gas prices haven't stopped them from traveling...........
Anon

Newtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2008

Sure, if you say so chief ...
Jennie

Aberdeen, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2008

What's he doing at the Air Force base, planning a war on Iran? Yeah, Cheney, those $1,200 checks will do loads to offset higher prices and a stagnant economy. Forget the more than $20,000 spent on Iraq by the average American family. And then the government has the nerve to tell us that we should save the money from our stimulus checks? I could have saved thousands more if it weren't for you lying, theiving A**holes.
SRM

Hellertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2008

It ( the stimulus checks ) might be good for a week or two
and thats that unless put in Roth plan.
ne philly

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2008

Just send it to exxon and cut out the middle man
Wayne

Plainsboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2008

I wish they would take this money and build a new refinery or nuclear power plant instead of giving it to people who will end up spending it on Starbucks and high speed internet connections so they can make stupid comments about what are government is doing!!
Kristi

Lansdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2008

The stimulus checks are great...for now. What do you do when your gas tank has sucked all the money up? I think the gov't should have spent this money on the housing market and gas prices instead.
2Day

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2008

:still waiting for the direct deposit to hit my account:
huh

Chalfont, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2008

That took balls,fly in to the base your administration helped shut down.Was there anyone left on the base to greet his sub-contracting greedy ass?
for those of you

Cherry Hill, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2008

who want to complain about your checks, I will be more than happy to take yours too. I bet you'll all be the first ones to run out and spend it if you haven't already spent it before you get it.
Laura

Aberdeen, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2008

for those of you wrote:
who want to complain about your checks, I will be more than happy to take yours too. I bet you'll all be the first ones to run out and spend it if you haven't already spent it before you get it.
We are not complaining about getting money back. We are complaining about the fact that the checks are a smokescreen to placate people with regard the sad state of the economy, and they pale in comparison to the amount of money that this administration has basically flushed down the toilet.
IBS

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2008

Laura wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not complaining about getting money back. We are complaining about the fact that the checks are a smokescreen to placate people with regard the sad state of the economy, and they pale in comparison to the amount of money that this administration has basically flushed down the toilet.
THEN YOU SHOULD RETURN THE REFUND YOU GOT...US government is know..so what the fuss is about
Poof the magic check

Horsham, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

LOL.. Anyone who thinks this is not a smoke screen is kidding themselves. Lets do the math.... Gas price increase for me personally this year, driving a jetta =$700 more than last year. Hush Money check =$600. Someone owes me $100 damn it.
$45 to fill a jetta should be considered a felony.
Laura

Aberdeen, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

IBS wrote:
<quoted text>
THEN YOU SHOULD RETURN THE REFUND YOU GOT...US government is know..so what the fuss is about
Why should I return money that is rightfully mine? They have wasted enough of my money, I'm not giving them more so they can waste that too. I see their plan worked on you.

Your post is completely unintelligible. "US government is know..so what the fuss is about" - huh? What on earth does that even mean?
Tom Gardner

Phoenixville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

I was at the event today and it was an honor to have the Vice-President visit us.

One thing most Americans don't understand is that Government, especially the President has almost negligible control or effect upon the economy. Even that teaspoon of control normally has a lagging effect anyway. So as stunningly absurd as it may sound to most people following the elections, IT IS A WASTE OF TIME TO DISCUSS THE ECONOMY IN A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. The President's only foundational responsibilities are national security, foreign policy, domestic security and some infrastructural decisions. In politics, when the economy is good, incumbents take credit and when it is bad, they receive blame. Both are wrong.

As for the stimulus checks, personally none of us really mind receiving some extra money-that's great. But as far as the economy is concerned, it certainly doesn't hurt it but it really does not help it much in the long run either. The Vice-President is correct that the economy WILL turn around and will remain the envy of the world. But it's certainly not relate dto the stimulus checks. It's because of our free-market structure that it will have a natural correction.

But I'm happy to receive some money, proud of our local center's work printing them and thankful to the VP for his visit and acknowledgement

Since: Apr 08

Brookhaven, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

Tom Gardner wrote:
I was at the event today and it was an honor to have the Vice-President visit us.
One thing most Americans don't understand is that Government, especially the President has almost negligible control or effect upon the economy. Even that teaspoon of control normally has a lagging effect anyway. So as stunningly absurd as it may sound to most people following the elections, IT IS A WASTE OF TIME TO DISCUSS THE ECONOMY IN A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. The President's only foundational responsibilities are national security, foreign policy, domestic security and some infrastructural decisions. In politics, when the economy is good, incumbents take credit and when it is bad, they receive blame. Both are wrong.
As for the stimulus checks, personally none of us really mind receiving some extra money-that's great. But as far as the economy is concerned, it certainly doesn't hurt it but it really does not help it much in the long run either. The Vice-President is correct that the economy WILL turn around and will remain the envy of the world. But it's certainly not relate dto the stimulus checks. It's because of our free-market structure that it will have a natural correction.
But I'm happy to receive some money, proud of our local center's work printing them and thankful to the VP for his visit and acknowledgement
You must have been asleep for the last 7 years!
T Gardner

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2008

Gramps, would you like to explain further what you're talking about? What is it about the last 7 years that bothers you or makes ou real happy and prove to me how it contradicts anything that I wrote- You say 7 years-I'm guessing that you are taking a swipe at the current administration. But I'm talking about economics (in which I do have credentials) and you will not be able to prove to me there's any correlation between that and the admin...positive OR negative.

Since: Apr 08

Brookhaven, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2008

T Gardner wrote:
Gramps, would you like to explain further what you're talking about? What is it about the last 7 years that bothers you or makes ou real happy and prove to me how it contradicts anything that I wrote- You say 7 years-I'm guessing that you are taking a swipe at the current administration. But I'm talking about economics (in which I do have credentials) and you will not be able to prove to me there's any correlation between that and the admin...positive OR negative.
I have voted for both Democrat and Republican candidates over the years.
The last 7 years of this administration have been over shadowed by lies and arrogance. Our reputation has been tarnished both home and abroad. Time will tell if the dollar will ever come back to be the "envy of the world". The experts have not always been correct as of late.
P.s. I'm not a fan of (Haliburton) Dick......Lets leave it at that.
Wacks

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

I saw Cheney and Sharpton together down at Delilah's Den.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Willow Grove News Video

•••
•••

Willow Grove Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Willow Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE