State encourages fire companies to me...

State encourages fire companies to merge, regionalize

There are 2 comments on the Intelligencer News story from Oct 3, 2006, titled State encourages fire companies to merge, regionalize. In it, Intelligencer News reports that:

Last of a three-part series As dramatically as the art of firefighting has evolved during the past 250 years - from buckets to horse-pulled wagons to machinery costing hundreds of thousands of dollars - little ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Intelligencer News.

Blue Bell, PA

#1 Oct 9, 2006
The fundamental building block of the fire service in MOST of PA is the volunteer. If the state or other municipalities get too heavy-handed, the volunteers will go away.
If/when that happens, any money saved on equipment will be gobbled up by having to pay professional firefighters....big taxes folks !!!

Quakertown, PA

#2 Jun 4, 2009
I never implied that you are supporting anyone. Your entry gives no hint at who you support now or have in the past.

If you ckeck the the ISPs you will see that some dunderhead decided to use the moniker I used to incorrectly "cut and paste" from different sources in entry #230 to confuse and distract readers.

Although you may not have meant to do so, your first posting IS a compelling arguement for "at large" school board representation. I applied your arguement to the QCSD Board elections because that is the topic of this thread.If I may quote from your latest post, "Us middle people are the masses, so hear us!". You seem to be for doing what is best for the majority- not for small interest groups. Am I incorrect in that reading of what you wrote? If so, I apologize.

Everyone has "an agenda" or an underlying reason for their actions- including candidates who run in school board elections. Candidates have official platforms. Their platform is supposed to be what they are pledging to accomplish if elected- the basis for electing them- their agenda.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willow Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chemist admits stabbing coworker (Sep '09) Nov 22 Grammar 4
News Detractors, growing debt dog local builder (Jun '07) Sep '15 He will get his 3,485
Jenkintown Sidewalk Repair Sep '15 Anna Jones 2
News Northeast defense holds off Father Judge for win Sep '15 karmal777 1
Le-vel Thrive Experience (Mar '14) Jun '15 bananie1733 2
Review: Martys Locks And Keys Jun '15 Terry 1
News Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... (Nov '14) Feb '15 Thinking 321
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Willow Grove Mortgages