RCAA nabs $1.6 million in stimulus funds

There are 18 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Sep 24, 2009, titled RCAA nabs $1.6 million in stimulus funds. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger announced Tuesday that the state landed $42.7 million in stimulus funds to help prevent homelessness -- $1.6 million of which will be spent right here in Humboldt County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

Mojo

United States

#1 Sep 24, 2009
This is all well and good but still say they should all get drug tested before dishing out any help what so ever .
I pay taxes and have six children , married withe children who all work and pay taxes only to give a big part to dopers and useless pieces of human flesh , to the government to spend on foreigners and foreign countries instead of those people who have lost their jobs etc.

More stimulus to help the low lives who don't work, don't want to work and illegal immigrants in this country.
Sick and tired of the whole mess.

Each adult should be responsible for themselves.
Why are the working people supporting the ones who don't go to school, don't want to work.
I'm including heath costs as well and room and board.

Right now i make just enough over the amount to get help with my kids college education, medical but have to pay taxes out of what i do get to low lives and foreigners.
reader

Eureka, CA

#2 Sep 24, 2009
This isn't stimulus. This is merely empowering homeless people to remain homeless.
Whoa Mojo

Castro Valley, CA

#3 Sep 24, 2009
Mojo wrote:
This is all well and good but still say they should all get drug tested before dishing out any help what so ever .
I pay taxes and have six children , married withe children who all work and pay taxes only to give a big part to dopers and useless pieces of human flesh , to the government to spend on foreigners and foreign countries instead of those people who have lost their jobs etc.
More stimulus to help the low lives who don't work, don't want to work and illegal immigrants in this country.
Sick and tired of the whole mess.
Each adult should be responsible for themselves.
Why are the working people supporting the ones who don't go to school, don't want to work.
I'm including heath costs as well and room and board.
Right now i make just enough over the amount to get help with my kids college education, medical but have to pay taxes out of what i do get to low lives and foreigners.
Excellent post! I am also tired of all of this enabling that creates non-contributing, drug abusing, scoff-laws. Thanks for the observation.

RCAA has organized several cottage industries around these folks to pay their management and staff salaries.
Scream

Vancouver, WA

#4 Sep 24, 2009
I think it would have been more cost effective to help those tax paying citizens that are losing their home, vehicles and jobs.
The homeless will take whatever is given to them, nothing less. I think this only perpetuates the problem and will encourage those that continue to demand to be entitled to whatever a program offers.
They need help of course, but to continue to support homeless with everyones tax dollars seems to prolong the problem.
Wolfman Jack

United States

#5 Sep 24, 2009
Free crack and heroin for all who are less fortunate! Crash and burn baby.
Rachel

San Francisco, CA

#6 Sep 24, 2009
It seems to me that this money is going to prevent people from being homeless. Out of all the bailout money being spent this is actually a very small amount in comparison to what was given to the banks. I think it's great that the community is collaborating to help those in need.
Regular guy

Eureka, CA

#7 Sep 24, 2009
This is a waste of money. It will not change a thing and does not create one bit of real change except when the money runs out the staff working off the grant will be laid off.
Hannah Boswick

AOL

#8 Sep 24, 2009
This will be money well invested with a good return. NOT.
Hannah Boswick

AOL

#9 Sep 24, 2009
At least with FDR's WPA and CCC (economic stimulus programs) back in the last great depression of the 1930s people had to actually WORK for their 15 cents an hour.
hmm

Barnesville, OH

#10 Sep 24, 2009
Why is it that more money doesnt go towards low income housing and to the people who actually work to TRY to get ahead... maybe i should quit, become homeless and they will help!!!
Hannah Boswick

AOL

#11 Sep 24, 2009
hmm wrote:
Why is it that more money doesnt go towards low income housing and to the people who actually work to TRY to get ahead... maybe i should quit, become homeless and they will help!!!
Congratulations, you have discovered the secret to success.

Someday, and I don't think we will have to wait for much longer, there will be no one left working and everyone with a cardboard sign asking for a free handout.

Eureka will have to install more intersections.
Bilbo

South San Francisco, CA

#12 Sep 24, 2009
Hannah Banana - Take your attitude back to the Bay Area.
Observer

Eureka, CA

#13 Sep 24, 2009
This is the "free" money from Obama's Porkulus bill of last February.

The free money that my grandchildren will be paying the interest on for the rest of their lives.

Has Washington DC gone insane? Trillions of dollars are being added to our national debt in just the next two years!
Hannah Boswick

AOL

#14 Sep 24, 2009
Bilbo wrote:
Hannah Banana - Take your attitude back to the Bay Area.
Baggins, take ye back to Middle Earth before I step on ya.

Those hairly little feet gross me out.
Bilbo

South San Francisco, CA

#15 Sep 24, 2009
AOL = A hOLe
Big Barrel Benny

United States

#16 Sep 24, 2009
I am a tax paying citizen,I live in a house,I dont drink,smoke,or do the drugs.I, like many others do OK to get by,but in this economy,could do and have done better.(EX-commercial fisherman)I called this agency yesterday to see what, if anything,they could do to be of assistance.The lady on the other end was snipey and rude(Id call her a name but Im the better person) and told me that they dont help people in my situation and TOLD me to try St.Vincents or Salvation Army..THEN wheres the grant money going? I will call tommorow and if I get the same sham, if so then its lawyer hireing time.I just asked for info and got rudeness and contemt in return.I have a right to know where the moneys going and so does the tax paying public.
Big Barrel Benny

United States

#17 Sep 25, 2009
I called them back this morning and got a recorded massage that All Funds were exausted and an apology for any inconvenience this may have caused.Well, maybe the 1.6 million has to go for administration,salarys,and perks to the employees.None, it seems, is availible for the people it was intended to help.So much for the Calif.Dept.of Housing and Community Development- and Redwoods Community Action Agency.
Change You Can Believe In

United States

#18 Sep 30, 2009
Big Barrel Benny wrote:
I called them back this morning and got a recorded massage that All Funds were exausted and an apology for any inconvenience this may have caused.Well, maybe the 1.6 million has to go for administration,salarys,and perks to the employees.None, it seems, is availible for the people it was intended to help.So much for the Calif.Dept.of Housing and Community Development- and Redwoods Community Action Agency.
RCAA and ACORN. Just another example of our tax bucks being used to underwrite pork and bufoonery. Remember, these are the same guys that wanted to purchase the Flamingo Motel (with fed funds) on Broadway, divide the rooms in half and create single residence occupancy, then charge the "houseless" rent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willow Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The underground world of cockfighting (Dec '08) 1 hr Un agenda 21 and ... 156
News Investigation into Monday night chase and shoot... (May '09) Mar '15 shirley stephens 141
News Arcata man arrested after police recover missin... (Jul '08) Feb '15 really 20
Glen Hays Feb '15 Tired of him flir... 1
News McKinleyville doctor pleads guilty to charge of... (Nov '10) Feb '15 weneedjucticefora... 89
News Local Mennonite farmer victim of Highway 101 wr... (Jul '10) Jan '15 Friend n neighbor 88
What Is So Special About Willow Creek? (Jan '09) Jan '15 scoobydoo whitlatch 2
More from around the web

Willow Creek People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]