Six Marin schools receive state honors

Apr 19, 2010 Read more: Marin Independent Journal 18
Six Marin County schools have received recognition as California Distinguished Schools. Read more
CitizenTaxpayer

AOL

#1 Apr 19, 2010
Yes, these are the schools not forced to take Al Boro's sanctuary kids.
Press 6 for English

San Rafael, CA

#2 Apr 20, 2010
These are schools with low latino populations. Clearly, there is racism at work in the education system.

Time for a revolushion.

Viva La Raza!
TBone

Mill Valley, CA

#3 Apr 20, 2010
A testament to generally well run Marin public schools and school districts. I was against the big spending to rebuild the MV schools because I thought it was too expensive and over reaching, although I supported a rebuild in general, but the public voted and I support it now. We have great schools and many wonderful teachers here in Marin. I have always been proud of that. Where can you find better? We should be grateful for it!
SolMan

United States

#4 Apr 20, 2010
The Know Nothings sure come out of the woods here, eh? Naturally, they don't know that at least 1/2 of the kids at Willow Creek come from Marin City.

Congrats to the great staff and great kids at Willow Creek!
Martina2

San Francisco, CA

#5 Apr 20, 2010
Same old story, the good schools are where there is affluence and the parents are well-educated.
Anon

San Anselmo, CA

#6 Apr 20, 2010
What happened to the supposedly great Dixie School District? None? Wow things have changed.
wow

San Rafael, CA

#7 Apr 20, 2010
Dixie used to be a great school district but now the classes are half english speaking and the parents are know where to be found.

Ask any teacher, the biggest challenge (disruption) in class are these anchor babies. 1 anchor baby can take the whole class down.

What is really sad is that you can pay into the local school system from day 1 and then your kid can apply to UCLA, CAL, etc and be denied, meanwhile that anchor baby that took down the whole class gets accepted to UCLA, CAL, etc.

It doesn't pay to be a white American citizen.

You can thank the liberal Democratic agenda for all this.
I am a h0le

Atherton, CA

#8 Apr 20, 2010
Shhh, don't tell Bal Oro or all will be lost.

We need to do what the good Tea Bagging citizens of Arizona have done. "By the Time I get to Arizona, zona, zona, zona!", indeed.

Oh Gawd, I, love, commas!
Accuracy

San Anselmo, CA

#9 Apr 20, 2010
"The Know Nothings sure come out of the woods here, eh? Naturally, they don't know that at least 1/2 of the kids at Willow Creek come from Marin City."

... and over half the students at West Marin are Latino, where there is also a significant number of families in poverty.
Send them to China

Danville, CA

#10 Apr 20, 2010
Parent involvement is key. A desire to learn and great teachers all contribute to success and excellence. DESIRE & WORK are essential!

Congrats to the schools who merited this award!
Send them to China

Danville, CA

#11 Apr 20, 2010
Al Bozo Boro is PUKE~
liberalh8r

Cupertino, CA

#12 Apr 20, 2010
Still if you love your kids and you live in Marin, send your kids to private school. At least they wont be taught that it is all right for boys to wear dresses. Transvestites wont be hired as substitutes, and having class discussions on how to pleasure ones self. NICE TUHSD, real nice.. I am glad to see my tax dollars hard at work you f-heads
withnail

San Rafael, CA

#13 Apr 20, 2010
Well just wait until they start busing kids from the troubled schools to these award-winning schools. They do it in SF!

It's hard to blame the parents when they're working hard to support their families in Marin. Everything is so expensive that they probably have to work two jobs, which means they're MIA from the lives of their children.

If it ever came down to that for me, I'd move to a cheaper area to live. Time is precious with your kids. You have got to always be supportive, involved, and interested in their lives. It's hard to do that when you're working all the time.
marinite

San Rafael, CA

#14 Apr 20, 2010
withnail wrote:
Well just wait until they start busing kids from the troubled schools to these award-winning schools. They do it in SF!
It's hard to blame the parents when they're working hard to support their families in Marin. Everything is so expensive that they probably have to work two jobs, which means they're MIA from the lives of their children.
If it ever came down to that for me, I'd move to a cheaper area to live. Time is precious with your kids. You have got to always be supportive, involved, and interested in their lives. It's hard to do that when you're working all the time.
You are clueless. There are more parents volunteering every day at those schools than in other areas. There are many stay at home parents or parents who work part time so they can be involved in their childrens' lives.
really

San Rafael, CA

#15 Apr 20, 2010
isn't Dixie already a distinguished school?
An experienced teacher

United States

#16 Apr 20, 2010
Not sure what you mean by "anchor baby" but that is not the biggest challenge facing teachers or students.
man

San Jose, CA

#18 Apr 21, 2010
Let's not get carried away. It's not like the top ten or 20 schools. They are giving this awards to hundreds and hundreds of schools.
Joe

San Jose, CA

#19 Apr 21, 2010
It is about parent participation and Accuracy and SolMan are correct, these results know no race bias. And 'man', yeah it is like top 10 or 20 schools, more like top 1%.(based on this criteria)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willow Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Investigation into Monday night chase and shoot... (May '09) Mar '15 shirley stephens 141
News Arcata man arrested after police recover missin... (Jul '08) Feb '15 really 20
Glen Hays Feb '15 Tired of him flir... 1
News McKinleyville doctor pleads guilty to charge of... (Nov '10) Feb '15 weneedjucticefora... 89
News Local Mennonite farmer victim of Highway 101 wr... (Jul '10) Jan '15 Friend n neighbor 88
What Is So Special About Willow Creek? (Jan '09) Jan '15 scoobydoo whitlatch 2
News Two men allegedly rob Bayside marijuana seller (Oct '09) Jan '15 champ2015 44
More from around the web

Willow Creek People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]