High speed chase after reported marijuana deal goes bad

It was a drug deal gone wrong, police say. On Monday night, two men fled from a police convoy driving on State Route 299. Full Story
First Prev
of 15
Next Last
stupid druggies

Santa Cruz, CA

#2 May 13, 2009
9mm pistol, AK47 military type rifle, body armor?

I'm glad one died and hope the other soon follows, we do not need this crap on our streets.
Emagin

Seaside, CA

#3 May 13, 2009
Wake up.
God

Eureka, CA

#4 May 13, 2009
when alcohol was illegal. they killed police, judges , district attys, the families of any official who wouldnt allow the flow of booze, why? because normal people wanted to drink, so we needed ppl with muscle and the balls to get it to us. we dont question the blood on the food or the other products we consume. take away alcohol for one year in america then watch as the bodies hit the floor, jails fill and homes fall further apart. that marijuana would not be a factor if everyone had the 'choice' to purchase legally you take the 'streets' back. no oppty for them to profit they move on. HOW STUPID ARE WE? ask anyone who remembers churches being ransacked for the sacrificial wine..........ahhhhh good times.
tom tom

Arcata, CA

#5 May 13, 2009
How many people were killed by drunk drivers during prohibition and how many since...
Jeez

Sonora, CA

#6 May 13, 2009
Jeez dude, suicide is not the answer! With this DA I bet you'd only get 1 year in the pink and then probation.

Suicide is final. Our DA is no-spinal.
Carrie Nation

Palo Alto, CA

#7 May 13, 2009
I'm sorry, but this incident isn't the least bit comparable to what happened during Prohibition, mainly because we live in a time and (especially) a place where pot use isn't outright forbidden and hidden. What HAS happened is that the DA's extraordinarily liberal "allowance" of so-called medical marijuana has invited the level of greed and violence that we saw in this incident. I feel terribly sorry for the families of these young men; can't everyone see what a literal waste of lives this business has become?
over it

Eureka, CA

#9 May 13, 2009
Oh my God there had better be charges filed against the 6 sellers! What idiots to conduct such business with people they don't know on a public road. Yes the ripoffs are scum but these retards gave them the opportunity to do it. String them up for selfish greediness with no concern for their neighbors. Fools like this attract and reward the wolves that rip and kill. Oh, and the ripoff loser of course deserves far worse. C'mon Gallegos- please discipline your idiot weed minions!
BillH

Eureka, CA

#10 May 13, 2009
'Mark' and 'God' have it right. LEGALIZE!
(No, dont use it myself-but holy cow! Its a plant!)

People like 'Carrie'
are ignorant in the extreme.
'Carrie', do you REALLY think this crap happens because of ONE D.A. in ONE county?

For someone who -one assumes- is not a 'druggie',
you sure are twisted up in your thinking!
reader

Hayward, CA

#12 May 13, 2009
Wouldn't it be great if in our society we had front page stories of 19 and 21 year olds winning chess competitions, or achieving some type of accomplishment of generosity in the community through some type of helpful project?

No, we're not there. Not even close.

Nobody put a gun to these young men's heads and told them to create the life they led. But the criminal justice system obviously did not deter their behavior. Too bad their entire rap sheet from their teens (if they have a juvenille record) to the present can't be revelaed for all to see just how incompetent the system is.
Middle-o-the-roa d

Sacramento, CA

#13 May 13, 2009
Carrie Nation wrote:
I'm sorry, but this incident isn't the least bit comparable to what happened during Prohibition, mainly because we live in a time and (especially) a place where pot use isn't outright forbidden and hidden. What HAS happened is that the DA's extraordinarily liberal "allowance" of so-called medical marijuana has invited the level of greed and violence that we saw in this incident. I feel terribly sorry for the families of these young men; can't everyone see what a literal waste of lives this business has become?
So change the laws so this kind of crap doesn’t happen.

When booze was illegal, you had the same thing going on. End prohibition against pot and the killing stops.

And since you seem to be such a good little neo-con, where was your outcry over bushes incompetence in Afghanistan that has allowed the opium trade to explode? Hmmmm?
Middle-o-the-str ea m

Arcata, CA

#14 May 13, 2009
last time i purchased medicine it was in a pharmacy. Strictly measured and controlled by a licenced pharmacist. This transaction was grossly over prescribed and on the street. And our DA will call it a medical mj situation? The eight sellers are accessories to murder if the live one killed the dead one. Because the sellers participated in a felony.
Wow

Sonora, CA

#15 May 13, 2009
Heh, you want the growers to be charged with a crime? Sorry bub, but probation is not a deterrent. You need to understand who really runs this county.
ABC390

San Mateo, CA

#16 May 13, 2009
Let's remove the criminal element from marijuana by legalizing, taxing, and regulating it like alcohol. This is what California Assembly Bill 390, introduced in February by Tom Ammiano, would do.
Email your California legislators to support AB 390. It's easy. Visit http://yes390.org
reader

Hayward, CA

#17 May 13, 2009
"Right now they're the victims of this crime, so we're not going to talk much about them," Godsey said. "We're still interviewing them and encouraging them to cooperate."

So now law enforcement is harboring and protecting "victims" who started this whole event by initiating an illegal drug sale?

Humboldt County is slowly going to pot.
whodem dat slewdem

Redway, CA

#18 May 13, 2009
I just love the posts where people say that they are going to move or are outta here. Where are you going to go, Canada? Crime and violence are everywhere unfortunately. The fact is that in our community, it is extremely rare to here incidents of random violence. Yes, there are predators and down right evil people, but it pales in comparison to any metropolitan area. No other rural area has so much to offer in terms of art/music/natural beauty, so quit hating. Besides, you would need to grow a few pounds to get the needed money to facilitate a move due to low wages in our area.
skip mcduff

Seaside, CA

#19 May 13, 2009
Carrie Nation wrote:
your wrong,prohibition is alive and well,greed and violence is not what most of us is about.most of us would give that shit away before killing anybody,open up your eyes and smell the METH !its value is because its outlawed in about half this nation..if grass was legal,the demand and price would not be so high.get it yet?no ,i didnt think so.your thinking is old and outdated.you might want to research prohibition them come back to me with a better answer then that.ya see,the system we have now is not working so what do you think we should do?you seem to think you have the answer and since you dont,keep your mouth shut until you come at me with facts that this current system works...show me that it works..you cant cause it dont,.wake up or stay in your sleepy slumber and live ignorant.
Anonymous

Eureka, CA

#20 May 13, 2009
Early days, but it sounds like law enforcement did everything right this time. It's good that they are explaining the events in some detail.
reader

San Leandro, CA

#21 May 13, 2009
Mark Montgomery wrote:
This is not a good reflection on marijuana users and I think it does not describe the average marijuana user who is non-violent and civil. Pot should be legal. Mexico just legalized possession of small amounts of all drugs. Switzerland just legalized heroin. Portugal decriminalized all drugs in 2001 and their experience has been positive. Now if you are caught with a 10 day supply of your drug or less you face an administrative court, not a criminal court, but in practice they are just not arresting people. A group of 10,000 very serious policemen, prosecutors, attorneys and citizens have formed a group to legalize ALL drugs, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition ( http://leap.cc ) They see what happened when we legalized alcohol in 1932 as a good example of how drug legalization would work. This foolish war on drugs has lasted 37 years and cost us over a TRILLION dollars and we are not an inch closer to stopping drugs. How many millions of Americans are we going to lock up in prison for decades? Mark Montgomery boboberg@nyc.rr.com
Mr. Montgomery, the use of marijuana is legalized here in Humboldt County. I know a father who lost the custody of his son some 6 years ago when the boy was 8. 5 years later the boy was kicked out of a mainstream school and placed in a community school. There he readilly admitted to his teacher that he was smoking pot at his mother's home when he was 9. By age 14 he shot a gun at someone and is now on probation. He has tested positive for THC at least 8 times. He told his father that the probation officer instructed his mom to hide her stash better.
I'll even go there. Minors counsel for the boy was Gina Eincheberg. That woman has done more to destroy more children from their fathers than any Middle East terrorist could ever hope to accomplish. Interesting there was supposed to be a hearing on April 14th by Judge Bruce Watson regarding Eichenberg failing to report a jury tampering incident regarding a capital murder trial in the 1980's. But that's Humboldt County justice "just" protecting their own.
This is a factual account of an ongoing issue in Humboldt County.
So do you now understand the breeding ground that creates people like Fields and the as yet unidentified 19 year old from Antioch?
Yes. The criminal justice system is truly criminal. But so is family court.
bummer

Chico, CA

#22 May 13, 2009
One group of rummies got ripped off and the other group got killed and maimed. No civilians were hurt. Cops never fired a shot so they won't get sued. Doesn't seem to matter much whether faceless fases charges or not so the DA is even off the hook. Looks like all anybody needs to do is plug a few holes in a couple of patrol cars.
I love happy endings.
momma boom boom

United States

#23 May 13, 2009
the amount of deaths from marajuana usage is still zero. deaths from greed are phenomenal

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willow Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr Cali Girl 2014 200,963
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 3 hr Los Angeles 2,266
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr Los Angeles 15,996
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 6 hr Runonion 5,072
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 15 hr Blazing saddles 7,954
Dog park coming soon to Eureka; groundbreaking ... (May '10) Sep 11 cant believe 55
Humboldts Sheriff - Constitutional Interpreter Sep 4 Sacramento Dave 1
•••
•••
•••

Willow Creek Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Willow Creek People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Willow Creek News, Events & Info