Final homeless count tally released

The final tally of homeless people in Humboldt County -- the result of an on-the-ground survey on a cold Wednesday in late January -- totaled more than all those who live within the city of Ferndale. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
I hate bums

Chesterfield, MO

#89 Oct 25, 2009
I second that but insted well just put up more shelters and provide them with more free food and heath care
Local Larrimore

AOL

#90 Oct 25, 2009
Jeff E wrote:
First, the definition of "homeless" is stretched to include 17 yr old Suzy & her fatherless child living with Aunt Becky in a spare bedroom.
That is NOT homeless by any reasonable standard.
It also included people living in motels. OK, I wouldn't want to live in one, but it is a home equal to the apartments I lived in when I first moved out on my own.
Notice that the survey did not ask how long they have lived in Humboldt County ? Or why did they move to Humboldt County ?
If what you say is true, it ruins the credibility of those local homeless advocates. When I was living with relatives after I lost a job in my youth, nobody asked me if I considered myself homeless. I was jobless, but not for long. Soon, I was able to rent a place to live in. I've found working for a living really pays off. I wish more people would try it.== and Yes, I got that job in the middle of a deep recession. Amazing what you can do when you try.
rose colored sunglasses

United States

#92 Oct 27, 2009
Have a little compassion and think outside your little wooden boxes, life isn't divvied out fairly and therefore we all need to try for one second to imagine if we were in someone else's shoes before we start judging them.
Love will save this world and you don't have to be a hippy to open your heart to the world around you.
Try it, solutions come much easier when you soften your gaze...
Cant we all

AOL

#93 Oct 28, 2009
rose colored sunglasses wrote:
Have a little compassion and think outside your little wooden boxes, life isn't divvied out fairly and therefore we all need to try for one second to imagine if we were in someone else's shoes before we start judging them.
Love will save this world and you don't have to be a hippy to open your heart to the world around you.
Try it, solutions come much easier when you soften your gaze...
Those of us who faced adversity and faced it down by hard work and determination to succeed are in an excellent position to advise people who are now facing adversity.

Telling unemployed youths with problems how to lessen their problems and succeed in life, based on what we old timers learned from succeeding despite our own early trials, is not a sign of hatred. It is a sign that we know something about how to live a better life and we want to share it.

However, I will agree with you that some local residents have become so overwhelmed by the local "homeless problem" that they are tapping into a deep vein of frustration and anger. Don't lump everyone into their group, if you care about what is really happening among local people here.
I hate bums

Chesterfield, MO

#94 Oct 28, 2009
there is a big diff between the out of luck need a little help to get back on their feet homeless and the i dont give a crap about anything incloding myself (BUMS) wich we have in abundens.
I hate bums

Chesterfield, MO

#96 Oct 28, 2009
They sould drug test anyone who gets a handout and offer reabilatation to those that want it
Anonymous

AOL

#98 Oct 29, 2009
Hitler really did refer to Jews as vermin and rats. When you choose to use Hitler's mental and emotional template, you are squandering the gifts that God gave you for empathy and for helping others make progress. Remember, Jesus said his two most important rules for mankind were to Love God and to Love your Neighbor as you love yourself. By "neighbor" we feel certain He meant other people.
areader

Eureka, CA

#99 Oct 29, 2009
Prophet Mark wrote:
Reading Revelation in our Bible, I noticed how there have been an ongoing of various Babylons throughout time. And each time the reason for the fall of each Babylon was the abuse of the provided abundances, by not sharing with the poor and needy there among them. As God does not pour out his favor and blessings to be kept by some and not shared with all there.
Then, finally a nation, another Babylon, would get this done! However, later, even that Babylon would fall for another reason.
It now appears as though this United States Of America is very close to achieving that task.
And, with a little Truth sharing abilities may be encouraged to get it done.
Pray for this nation to remain obedient in God's eyes, that he may continue pouring his favor and blessings here! As this Favor and Blessings are so very obvious here with the abundances of fresh water and many other things provided.
Thank God!
Gosh I only thought you should thank god for touchdowns and home runs, or like "what's god gotta do with it!
areader

Eureka, CA

#100 Oct 29, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
Hitler really did refer to Jews as vermin and rats. When you choose to use Hitler's mental and emotional template, you are squandering the gifts that God gave you for empathy and for helping others make progress. Remember, Jesus said his two most important rules for mankind were to Love God and to Love your Neighbor as you love yourself. By "neighbor" we feel certain He meant other people.
You don't have to believe in a nonexistent god creature to love your neighbor.
Anonymous

AOL

#101 Oct 30, 2009
areader wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have to believe in a nonexistent god creature to love your neighbor.
Show me evidence to back up your assertion.
Drink Steak

Alameda, CA

#102 Oct 30, 2009
WWIII is just around the corner, extermination of the leeches.
Anonymous

AOL

#103 Oct 31, 2009
Drink Steak wrote:
WWIII is just around the corner, extermination of the leeches.
Will the trolls be eliminated, too?
Beckey Bee

Alameda, CA

#104 Oct 31, 2009
Arcata bums are already in town gearing up with dark rage in their eyes, tire-irons and ice-picks hidden beneath the stench of their clothing. Tonight is going to be anarchy so board up your windows and doors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willow Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 10 hr free for all 5,081
Farmer's Market get a Handmade Treat at 3:30 9/... 19 hr BlowScuk 2
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 22 hr surfs up 7,955
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri broombroom 200,976
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Fri scoop 2,273
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
Dog park coming soon to Eureka; groundbreaking ... (May '10) Sep 11 cant believe 55
•••
Willow Creek Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Willow Creek Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Willow Creek People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Willow Creek News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Willow Creek
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••