Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9263 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

White Dirt

Rochester, UK

#6901 Dec 9, 2013
Did anyone order Wanda's clay when she had the sale on last week, if so, have you received your clay as yet?
tonia

UK

#6902 Dec 9, 2013
I love eating NZu,but I stop eating it 7 month ago.my friend that make me know Nzu die, she can eat one bag of Nzu in day, thiS affected her so much, she can not toilet and her blood dry up. There no blood in her body to pump to her heart,since her passed I have stop eating NZU
clayer

Bristol, UK

#6903 Dec 9, 2013
ahh its always the clay that you want that's never available! going through major cravings! help!
Odowa lover

London, UK

#6904 Dec 10, 2013
clayer wrote:
ahh its always the clay that you want that's never available! going through major cravings! help!
Clayer I feel you . Looking forward to getting some clay soon. My cravings are so out of control.
nhlasto89

Zimbabwe

#6905 Dec 10, 2013
ive been eating clay for years now and i enjoy ma clay especially if it tastes earthy and with e right smell.i eat the white,smooth one.last week i had three huge chunks of clay and i decided to dry them using the oven and i could not believe it wen i had finished all three chunks e same day.because i dont noe wat e oven does but the clay was delicious and the smell was mind blowing.
hrisha

Nasik, India

#6906 Dec 10, 2013
i also like to eat multani mitti(fullers earth) & chhui mitti which is found in villages for painting chulha and walls of their houses...its so yyuummmmyyyy..!!!!
Young clayer

Milton Keynes, UK

#6907 Dec 10, 2013
Hey! DOES ANYONE IN THE UK KNOW WHERE i CAN GET MAVHU CLAY FROM ZIMBABWE FROM? PLEASE
I'm craving it so bad!
claybaby

Accra, Ghana

#6909 Dec 11, 2013
Hi all
Curious

Fayetteville, GA

#6910 Dec 11, 2013
It's sad to say that I'm at the powder and crumbs of my clay from Wanda. It's also sad to say that this batch wasn't good to me. Maybe it's me not used to eating the clay or I'm looking for something more flavorful. It wasn't as earthy to me even having it in the paper bag and it also wasn't sour to me. Might order soon and hopefully it's better.
nhlasto89

Zimbabwe

#6911 Dec 12, 2013
clay clay delicious clay,i dream about it at night when i thnk about it during e day at work my mouth waters like crazy.itz e last thing i put in my mouth at night and e first i eat in e mornng.i eat help b4 i turn maself into a walking clay pit
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#6912 Dec 12, 2013
nhlasto89 wrote:
clay clay delicious clay,i dream about it at night when i thnk about it during e day at work my mouth waters like crazy.itz e last thing i put in my mouth at night and e first i eat in e mornng.i eat help b4 i turn maself into a walking clay pit
Yes that is how a lot of us feel about clay. It can consume our lives. Try an see if you can cut back gradually with the goal of eventually stopping. I know it is not easy but determination will pull you through.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6913 Dec 12, 2013
nhlasto89 wrote:
So many of us feel like that. I have no clay right now but hopefully will soon as I plan to be in the UK and want to stock up then. I crave it often, but especially first thing in the morning, after meals and before bed.
shan

Nottingham, UK

#6914 Dec 12, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So many of us feel like that. I have no clay right now but hopefully will soon as I plan to be in the UK and want to stock up then. I crave it often, but especially first thing in the morning, after meals and before bed.
I'm exactly the same, I'm from the u.k i dnt no off any place you can get it from, where u planning buy urs from?
priya

Pune, India

#6916 Dec 13, 2013
where can i get roasted multani mitti in jabalpur
priya

Pune, India

#6917 Dec 13, 2013
how can i bake multani mitti at home?
priya

Pune, India

#6918 Dec 13, 2013
pls tell me how to roast/bake multani mitti at home?
clayssoyumm

Fremont, CA

#6919 Dec 13, 2013
Hi priya....i have started eating baked multani mitti now to satisfy my cravings...
All you need to do is to mix the powder multani mitti with water and let it dry for 2-3 days....once its completely dry..you can roast it on a pan till the coating turns grey or you can bake it in an oven...the more you bake/roast the more crunchy and earthy taste it will have....in case you are getting the multani mitti chunks itself from market then you dnt need to mix it with water..you can directly bake it...hope this helps...
ann

Bronx, NY

#6922 Dec 14, 2013
claybaby wrote:
Hi all
Hi I noticed you are from Egypt . Do they eat clay a lot there? What is the name for clay in Egypt?
angela

Flushing, NY

#6923 Dec 15, 2013
Adaku wrote:
@ Hannah , well I stopped for 7 months, tried again but just don't seem to like anymore. Not on iron tabs and I feel so good and healthy. Better than I've been in years.@ Angela sorry to hear about your illness, but great to know you are hale and well, I'm glad you have stayed with your. Vitamins and iron.@ ackeeeeee, lonnnnnng time! Lost your email, someone h

acked my email and deleted my contacts...I kinda lost all my pals......hope you are doing great! Merry Xmas house........
Hey adaku , thank you.. Yes I am a lot better now. I hope evrything is well on your end.. stay strong ... Hello to all the others as well.. Hello ackeee and all the other amazing ladies :). merryy xmas in advance
ackee

New York, NY

#6924 Dec 15, 2013
angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey adaku , thank you.. Yes I am a lot better now. I hope evrything is well on your end.. stay strong ... Hello to all the others as well.. Hello ackeee and all the other amazing ladies :). merryy xmas in advance
Hey Angela, thanks for your thoughtful words. I am happy you are well. I like that even though you have stop eating clay you do still care for the ladies. Wonderful!! You stay sweet and strong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willoughby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i eat my own poo (Jun '11) Nov 17 mikej 22
News ASKDR.GOTT/Peter Gott, M.D. ASK DR. GOTT (Feb '08) Jun '17 Barb 4
News Heilind and De Nora plan big adjacent facilitie... (May '17) May '17 Fedup 1
News Lyndhurst ex-mayor to serve 30-day term (May '06) Apr '17 lavon affair 7
News Willoughby police officer involved in shooting ... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Prior resident 1
News Man charged in triple shooting at Cleveland gas... (Oct '16) Oct '16 FedUp 1
in town for a day, need dog food. (Sep '15) Sep '15 sickashell 1

Willoughby Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Willoughby Mortgages