Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9206 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Mary Tyler

Dallas, TX

#3786 Feb 1, 2013
A clay eater wrote:
I have ordered from Leslie and hoping that comes soon. I really enjoy Ghana clay, but only when it is fresh. The darker it is in color usually means that it is old.
Thanks Clay Eater didn't know thanks for the info .When mines arrive I will check out the color.
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3787 Feb 1, 2013
monica wrote:
Setting hear reading all the post crunching on ice! Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my order from Leslie! But the craving is 100 right now I think I'll have to do the cornstarch for a day or 2! Or take a iron supplement until my package arrive!
Monica
I love my ice. Bought me a snow cone machine from Wal-Mart a few years ago so I can have some finely ground snow. Sonic and Quick trip were tired of me :).
monica

Canton, MS

#3788 Feb 1, 2013
Leslie wrote:
<quoted text>
Monica
I love my ice. Bought me a snow cone machine from Wal-Mart a few years ago so I can have some finely ground snow. Sonic and Quick trip were tired of me :).
LOL...I burned my blender up crushing ice!! I'm so deep in pica! I have tried every thing that look like it might have that earthy taste! I almost chocked on coco powder!
Soul Sista

Aberdeen, UK

#3789 Feb 1, 2013
A clay eater wrote:
I have ordered from Leslie and hoping that comes soon. I really enjoy Ghana clay, but only when it is fresh. The darker it is in color usually means that it is old.
Ghana clay is really nice. But when it looks darker it doesn't necessarily mean it is old. Aside from the earthy flavor, some people like a smoky flavor to it. So after the clay has been moulded into the egg shape, it is roasted over the fire. If it is roasted for a very long time the colour of the clay becomes dark. Some people like it to be roasted lightly and others like it to be fully roasted, almost burnt and very brittle when you taste it. In the markets in Ghana there are all the varieties and you buy your preferred choice. I love it fresh; it tastes natural then.
Alexx

Locust Grove, GA

#3790 Feb 1, 2013
Leslie wrote:
<quoted text>
Monica
Sonic , Quick Trip , Zaxbys , & Chick - fil - a has the BEST ice ever !
Mary Tyler

Dallas, TX

#3791 Feb 1, 2013
Soul Sista wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghana clay is really nice. But when it looks darker it doesn't necessarily mean it is old. Aside from the earthy flavor, some people like a smoky flavor to it. So after the clay has been moulded into the egg shape, it is roasted over the fire. If it is roasted for a very long time the colour of the clay becomes dark. Some people like it to be roasted lightly and others like it to be fully roasted, almost burnt and very brittle when you taste it. In the markets in Ghana there are all the varieties and you buy your preferred choice. I love it fresh; it tastes naturalee then.
. Thanks Soul Sista and what kind do sell the lightly color roasted or fully roasted / almost burnt?
reshma

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3792 Feb 1, 2013
shan wrote:
<quoted text>
cool wats there place?
Some say it just "mitti", some calls it "bhutda"
And no its not multani mitti

Since: Apr 11

Germantown, WI

#3793 Feb 1, 2013
ackee wrote:
Hi Swabbi Thanks!! I am going to try that. I think it won't work because the clay is so hard. It like it is over baked going into a different phase. BY the way how was that Mississippi clay you got from your cousin the other day?
oh that clay is so good. bring back child memories. Its real sour which I like. I am trying to take my time eating that because that mississippi clay is hard to come by. so I take small bites of that once in awhile as a special treat. that was the best christmas gift I ever gotton.LOL
Love Clay

Salisbury, MD

#3794 Feb 2, 2013
Hi everyone I am new to this page, I am a clay eater off and on for 5 years now. my addiction is the satless egg shaped clay from ghana.I placed a order today with [email protected] just wondering has anyone who live in the usa placed a order with this person before, and can you please tell me your experience.
Mary Tyler

Dallas, TX

#3795 Feb 2, 2013
Love Clay wrote:
Hi everyone I am new to this page, I am a clay eater off and on for 5 years now. my addiction is the satless egg shaped clay from ghana.I placed a order today with [email protected] just wondering has anyone who live in the usa placed a order with this person before, and can you please tell me your experience.
Welcome Clay Eater I also have placed an order with her but still waiting on my arrival . I have heard nothing but nice ,kind words about her and her clay . She has been selling on this forum for a while Please read back posts. This will be my first time eating the Ghana Clay ,.hope I dont get hook.(Lol) Clay Eating!
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3796 Feb 2, 2013
monica wrote:
<quoted text> LOL...I burned my blender up crushing ice!! I'm so deep in pica! I have tried every thing that look like it might have that earthy taste! I almost chocked on coco powder!
Monica

Girl stop!! you are cracking me up lol.

The dirt for me taste clean and crisp as does the ice. I call it the search for the taste of ozone, like how the in the window air conditioners smell. When I was a kid I loved that smell and wanted to taste it, thats my ice.
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3797 Feb 2, 2013
Alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
Sonic , Quick Trip , Zaxbys , & Chick - fil - a has the BEST ice ever !
Alexx

Yep, and they have all seen me :)
Love Clay

Salisbury, MD

#3798 Feb 2, 2013
Hi Mary, Thank you for your welcome and respond to my post.I was wondering when did you placed your order with [email protected] also can you tell me your waited time so far.
Mz libra

Chesapeake, OH

#3800 Feb 2, 2013
Morning everyone!!!! This forum is so fun to read. All years of having pica, I thought I was alone until I began reading this forum. Chalk was my first experience with pica. I used to go to every store I could find that sold crayola anti- dust chalk. Then I went to Johnson & Johnson baby powder. I loved that baby powder. Then I went to great value brand by Walmart. I was researching online and came across white dirt. I wondered if it taste like chalk. My first bite of white dirt was the best I have ever tasted in my life!!!!! One day at the grocery store on the bake goods aisle I picked up baking powder and cornstarch. Yuck to the baking powder but the cornstarch gave me the same feeling like the white dirt. Awesome!!!!!!!!! Even though I don't eat as much cornstarch as I use too, I can't give it up totally. I know my dirt ain't going no where either....Pica got me so GONE!!!!!!!!!! Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Meee258

Dallas, TX

#3801 Feb 2, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
Morning everyone!!!! This forum is so fun to read. All years of having pica, I thought I was alone until I began reading this forum. Chalk was my first experience with pica. I used to go to every store I could find that sold crayola anti- dust chalk. Then I went to Johnson & Johnson baby powder. I loved that baby powder. Then I went to great value brand by Walmart. I was researching online and came across white dirt. I wondered if it taste like chalk. My first bite of white dirt was the best I have ever tasted in my life!!!!! One day at the grocery store on the bake goods aisle I picked up baking powder and cornstarch. Yuck to the baking powder but the cornstarch gave me the same feeling like the white dirt. Awesome!!!!!!!!! Even though I don't eat as much cornstarch as I use too, I can't give it up totally. I know my dirt ain't going no where either....Pica got me so GONE!!!!!!!!!! Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol my ex boyfriends mom introduced me to clay dirt. Then I did not eat it for years then I started eating cornstarch . It was sooooo good! Leslie's dirt is really good. So clean! I used to like alot of cornstarch in my mouth at one time. That crunch and smooth feel in the mouth.
Concerned clay eater

Ilford, UK

#3802 Feb 2, 2013
I just called my supplier for calabash chalk, now I'm getting ready to get on the bus off about an hour to go pick it up!!! The crave was soooo bad last night. Hmmmm can't wait for the 'crunch' of that first bite!

Still taking iron tabs though.but once in a while I just need that clay
Mz libra

Chesapeake, OH

#3803 Feb 2, 2013
Meee258 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol my ex boyfriends mom introduced me to clay dirt. Then I did not eat it for years then I started eating cornstarch . It was sooooo good! Leslie's dirt is really good. So clean! I used to like alot of cornstarch in my mouth at one time. That crunch and smooth feel in the mouth.
I've been hearing great things about Leslie's dirt. Time got away from me & I didn't place my order. But, I will be. I know what you mean about the cornstarch...I use a tablespoon!!!!! Now that I've found a store that sells Argo in the box & not the plastic container.....cornstarch bliss!!!! My next box I'm going to take it out of that white paper it comes in and pour it directly into the box. I'm wondering if it will get drier bcuz it's in the cardboard container. I was also thinking about putting the box in the sun w/ the top cut off...how did u eat your cornstarch? I found out there's a lot of people on twitter that eat cornstarch.
monica

Ridgeland, MS

#3804 Feb 2, 2013
Having pica is very high risk when you sit back and think about how can I fill my bag with dirt at the construction site without getting caught in the act!! I'm so thankful for this forum knowing I can get my dirt the legit Way!!! Shout out to all you clay lovers you saved me!!!
Meee258

Dallas, TX

#3805 Feb 2, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
<quoted text>I've been hearing great things about Leslie's dirt. Time got away from me & I didn't place my order. But, I will be. I know what you mean about the cornstarch...I use a tablespoon!!!!! Now that I've found a store that sells Argo in the box & not the plastic container.....cornstarch bliss!!!! My next box I'm going to take it out of that white paper it comes in and pour it directly into the box. I'm wondering if it will get drier bcuz it's in the cardboard container. I was also thinking about putting the box in the sun w/ the top cut off...how did u eat your cornstarch? I found out there's a lot of people on twitter that eat cornstarch.
What!!!! Dang I want to be friends with others who eat cornstarch. Dang it. I used to eat it with a straw! I loved it so much. I wish I wasn't gaining weight. I lost 3 lbs in a month... Not eating it. So I guess I'll be ok. Ms libra I live thru u. If I give u my email address will u email me so I can follow u on twitter. So I can follow others. I look at the YouTube video everyday if this lady eating cornstarch. Lol
Meee258

Dallas, TX

#3806 Feb 2, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
<quoted text>I've been hearing great things about Leslie's dirt. Time got away from me & I didn't place my order. But, I will be. I know what you mean about the cornstarch...I use a tablespoon!!!!! Now that I've found a store that sells Argo in the box & not the plastic container.....cornstarch bliss!!!! My next box I'm going to take it out of that white paper it comes in and pour it directly into the box. I'm wondering if it will get drier bcuz it's in the cardboard container. I was also thinking about putting the box in the sun w/ the top cut off...how did u eat your cornstarch? I found out there's a lot of people on twitter that eat cornstarch.
Also I'll send u a sample of my dirt I got from Leslie. I was so scared to order... Cuz I feared it will be a waste. But I'll let u try mine. I was wanting someone to offer me that. Lol just let me know

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willoughby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loud neighbors Jun 20 Fed up 1
Vote For Donald Trump May '16 Meat Grinder Mike 2
What is being built in the Great Lakes Mall par... Apr '16 hoopla 1
Dustin Wilkinson come out of the closet (Oct '14) Mar '16 Mark 3
News Salt is leaking into marsh (Jul '07) Jan '16 fuckstick 3
in town for a day, need dog food. (Sep '15) Sep '15 sickashell 1
DownTown Willoughby bar scene single friendly o... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Seriouslady 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Willoughby Mortgages