Bites Nearby: Branding Iron Cookhouse

Bites Nearby: Branding Iron Cookhouse

There are 8 comments on the Patch.com story from Jun 30, 2011, titled Bites Nearby: Branding Iron Cookhouse. In it, Patch.com reports that:

The Branding Iron Cookhouse : Where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

loulou

Washington, DC

#1 Jul 1, 2011
I used to work there and the food is good but the management is horrible!! Ken and Laura are extremely verbally and mentally abusive. They also are drunks. They drink the whole time they are there. I could go on and on. Nobody should be treated the way they treat their employees. On a good note, Lindsay and Adam are awesome!
James

Cleveland, OH

#2 Aug 28, 2011
I agree 100 percent with loulou. Laura is a horrible person and does not deserve to be a business owner in mentor. I work at mentor high as a teacher and we all avoid this place due to her. I have a huge family that all lives in mentor and none of us will ever go back, tell your friends and family to stay away from her and her and the branding iron
ledgie

Chagrin Falls, OH

#3 Aug 28, 2011
James wrote:
I agree 100 percent with loulou. Laura is a horrible person and does not deserve to be a business owner in mentor. I work at mentor high as a teacher and we all avoid this place due to her. I have a huge family that all lives in mentor and none of us will ever go back, tell your friends and family to stay away from her and her and the branding iron
The food is at best mediocre at best. The one time I went there, I was afraid of getting food poisoning.

Eat at your own risk.

The service could be better.
larry

North Jackson, OH

#4 Nov 30, 2011
just horrific-------------they allowed a dog to walk on the bar counter top -then i noticed it peed -i told the lady manager and she laughed stating he wont be here long. We ordered burgers which were small tastless-mine came out rare and i ordered it med. well. When we got home we got diahrea.I called the health dept monday morning.Yuck disgusting
larry

North Jackson, OH

#5 Nov 30, 2011
loulou wrote:
I used to work there and the food is good but the management is horrible!! Ken and Laura are extremely verbally and mentally abusive. They also are drunks. They drink the whole time they are there. I could go on and on. Nobody should be treated the way they treat their employees. On a good note, Lindsay and Adam are awesome!
they allowed a dog to walk on the bar top and peed-this place is disgusting
wow2wow

Mentor, OH

#6 Jan 3, 2012
this was the first and last time i'll ever go to "Branding Iron Cook House".i went on a tuesday night.our waitress was very good at her job.but the food and the building were gross,sick & inexcusable.i went with my girl friend.she ordered some wings that didn't look like they were fully cooked and she had the runs for like a day and a half.i ordered a burger that i only ate like two bites off.they really under cooked it.i spoke to the manger a young guy who like he was in his mid-20's.who seemed half drunk and reeked of beer and was a big grade a jerk.he had the guts say to me and my girlfriend "so what we got your money any way".i almost hit him.as far as the building it looks run down.the wood floors are sticky and the men's trash was over filled with paper towels.who ever runs this place does not care about the people who eat there.they only care about money and it show the moment you walk in there.hell the drunk loser of a manger told me.so if you want to eat at a gross,over priced restaurant then Branding Iron Cook House is the place for you! heck this place make's mcdonald's look like a 4 star restaurant.
loulou

Bowie, MD

#7 Jan 4, 2012
wow2wow wrote:
this was the first and last time i'll ever go to "Branding Iron Cook House".i went on a tuesday night.our waitress was very good at her job.but the food and the building were gross,sick & inexcusable.i went with my girl friend.she ordered some wings that didn't look like they were fully cooked and she had the runs for like a day and a half.i ordered a burger that i only ate like two bites off.they really under cooked it.i spoke to the manger a young guy who like he was in his mid-20's.who seemed half drunk and reeked of beer and was a big grade a jerk.he had the guts say to me and my girlfriend "so what we got your money any way".i almost hit him.as far as the building it looks run down.the wood floors are sticky and the men's trash was over filled with paper towels.who ever runs this place does not care about the people who eat there.they only care about money and it show the moment you walk in there.hell the drunk loser of a manger told me.so if you want to eat at a gross,over priced restaurant then Branding Iron Cook House is the place for you! heck this place make's mcdonald's look like a 4 star restaurant.
The owners are Ken and Laura Lewis. Their son and daughter also help out and they are Adam and Lindsay. Yes they are drunks, and not happy fun ones. It was terrible working there. Call a news station :) maybe that would help warn people, you can't complain to the owners because the don't give a crap so getting some bad press and your girl getting "food poisoning" is probably the only way to get to them. They are horrible people!
zeda

Kent, OH

#8 Mar 12, 2012
Ken and Laura are absolutely awful. They started drinking as soon as they opened and didn't stop. they did verbally abuse their employees never gave them a raise and treated them like complete crap. my whole family got food poisoning from this place and will never go back, i advise everyone to stay away from this dump

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willoughby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) Aug 25 Redcaley 9,042
best gyro will rip you off Aug 23 Boo K 1
DownTown Willoughby bar scene single friendly o... Aug 8 dannywho2 1
Garage sale Jul '15 Ssamer88 1
Eastlake home for rent July 1st Jun '15 Maxmax 1
Stove need fixed (Jul '14) Aug '14 sue 2
News Willowick man is charged in murder (Jan '06) Jul '14 Gimme a break Mike 49
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Willoughby Mortgages