Teen gets probation for selling pot a...

Teen gets probation for selling pot at Willmar high school

There are 9 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 5, 2011, titled Teen gets probation for selling pot at Willmar high school. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A 16-year-old Kandiyohi boy was sentenced Monday to six months of probation and 40 hours of community service on a felony fourth-degree drug sale for selling marijuana at Willmar Senior High School.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Good job kid

San Francisco, CA

#1 Apr 5, 2011
Way to keep your mouth shut.
Get Real

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#2 Apr 5, 2011
It seems to me that this is more the case of a stupid criminal. The crime for having a small bag of marijuana in your pocket is a petty misdemeanor. And as a juvenile, it is a slap on the wrist. What a moron! You admit that you have sold drugs numerous times at the school. Did the kid think that the cop was going to be impressed!?
Rob

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Apr 5, 2011
It's extremely inadvisable to engage in said activities in school. That being said, though he got an appropriate sentence for the crime, it seems odd that the cops need to be involved in these issues at all. it should be an internal school matter. And of course, pot should be legal.
Say What

Lakeville, MN

#4 Apr 5, 2011
Rob wrote:
It's extremely inadvisable to engage in said activities in school. That being said, though he got an appropriate sentence for the crime, it seems odd that the cops need to be involved in these issues at all. it should be an internal school matter. And of course, pot should be legal.
No problem with anything you stated with the exception of the fact that we're talking about high school students here. 21 and over is fine with me.
hmmmm

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Apr 5, 2011
I'm glad to hear they didn't go overboard on the "punishment." It would be preferable to see a legal, regulated landscape in which I.D.'s are checked for sales. Teens use illicit drugs as there is no one asking for I.D. Sadly, this kid will probably just turn to the more dangerous synthetic pot to use now, as it doesn't show up on as many drug tests. We don't want kids using drugs, but the fake crud that pops up from the bans is worse. Bad policy all around. End prohibition. Failed with alcohol, and has failed miserably for decades with drugs. It's not working. New approach.
Jimmer

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Apr 6, 2011
other kid who narced him out needs a beating. he could have at least said he got it form a black guy at the gas station......or better yet tell mom to shut the f up and not roll on the other kid.
anonymous

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Apr 6, 2011
lol cops dont care about a few joints anymore...

lol they worry about the emo kids with access to their daddies glock more
Rob

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Apr 11, 2011
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem with anything you stated with the exception of the fact that we're talking about high school students here. 21 and over is fine with me.
It certainly would be preferable to the idiotic situation we have now. Pot is MORE available to teenagers because of its illegality. My first exposure to it predated my exposure to alcohol by a couple years. You want to keep pot less available to teenagers? Legalize, regulate and tax it. Sell it in liquor stores.
Rob

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Apr 11, 2011
anonymous wrote:
lol cops dont care about a few joints anymore...
lol they worry about the emo kids with access to their daddies glock more
This may be a true statement for big cities. But out here in the outer ring 'burbs we have a glut of cops with little or nothing to do but harass the populace with speeding tickets and arrests for niggling infractions like marijuana possession.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willmar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Xmas tree Nov 30 Pearl 1
Carlos cuellar sr (Jun '11) Jun '17 GOOD luck 2
News Man charged in fox urine spraying (Dec '08) Feb '17 Phartagan 20
yvette (Jun '16) Dec '16 Ellis 9
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Minnesot... (Nov '10) Aug '16 matt 4
News Two Willmar men involved in stabbing (Mar '11) Dec '15 Malverde zapata 16
News Willmar Authorities Warn: Rural Gangs Steadily ... (Nov '09) Jan '15 Russian 5

Willmar Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Willmar Mortgages