First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wily

United States

#42 Feb 13, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
What you seem to fail to understand is that lack of education is one of the major reasons why Mercer County is struggling in an improving economy.
Talk to HR heads at what few factories remain open. Ask them about the sort of people who show up fresh out of high school for testing. Ask about why executives are reluctant to move here because they don't want their children attending the public schools.
You ask why there isn't more to do in Harrodsburg. People wonder why we don't have places to eat like other cities, or places to shop. First you have to get the jobs here. When corporations conduct surveys and studies, they determine that Harrodsburg cannot support another "big box store" or a casual dining restaurant (like Applebee's or Chili's.) Before you get the jobs here, you have to have educated people to fill the jobs.
Do you know how many people lie and say that they live in Boyle County in order to get their children in Boyle County schools? You might be surprised.
The next time the paper publishes it, take a long hard look at where Mercer County ranks with its test scores.
I don't buy that rag but maybe 3 a yr.
Wily

United States

#43 Feb 13, 2013
so that would have put you at around 17 or 18. I'm just wondering if that school is in this state ? A big school say with around 2 or 300 seniors graduating ?

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, Maryland

#44 Feb 13, 2013
Wily wrote:
so that would have put you at around 17 or 18. I'm just wondering if that school is in this state ? A big school say with around 2 or 300 seniors graduating ?
No, it's near Baltimore, Maryland. That's where I'm originally from. That's about the size of the graduating class. I would also point out that about 85-90% of graduating seniors continue their education.

I have a bachelor's in entomology since you asked about my education.
Wily

United States

#45 Feb 13, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's near Baltimore, Maryland. That's where I'm originally from. That's about the size of the graduating class. I would also point out that about 85-90% of graduating seniors continue their education.
I have a bachelor's in entomology since you asked about my education.
well , that is very interesting & I congratulate you for your success in education.
concoction

Garland, TX

#46 Feb 14, 2013
wily dont let him pull your leg. He will still be mean. Even thou you are tryin to be nice
Cueball

Harrodsburg, KY

#47 Feb 15, 2013
Hugo Oguh wrote:
<quoted text>
You have described Harrodsburg. There are no good places to eat, unless you are of the upper set. Then there is Beaumont Inn, which is the center point of this town. Other than that and the disjointed Montgomery joint there is no place to eat in town. Buying a good man's shirt is impossible. It is Walmart or nothing. You are also correct when you say that our young folk have nothing to do, or at least nothing that would interest them in this town, not even a movie theater. SO, WHY IS THIS SO? WHO DECIDES TO KEEP THIS A DEAD TOWN? WHO HAS ENOUGH INFLUENCE TO DECIDE THIS THING?
The point of this topic is pride or lack thereof in Harrodsburg and Mercer County. I grew up here and this town is more backward now than it was 25 years ago. Your points are well taken.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
just wondering 2 min ashley 1
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 min old lady 7,026
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Ari son of Anarchy 155,277
jason elder 6 min One True Digger 2
Public Record for September 28, 2014 8 min One True Digger 2
School Lunches (Nov '13) 25 min chris03 20
Wesley Carrol 36 min Crazy Bitch 7

Willisburg Jobs

Willisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Willisburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Willisburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]