Blue Grass Conspiracy.
Zoey

United States

#147 Apr 11, 2013
Old School wrote:
Zoey, my father use to bounce at the brass a, my mother at one time use to date Mr. Flynn. I could tell you things that would make your blood curl, but definitely not here!
Fascinating ! The night I met Doug Flynn, he was sitting at a table with the former sports announcer for Ch 36 , Kenny Rice . IDK what happened to him .
Zoey

United States

#148 Apr 11, 2013
I remember when Anita MADDEN HAD THOSE DERBY PARTIES & CHANNEL 36 WOULD TELEVICE AFTER THE NIGHTLY NEWS.: DOES SHE STILL HAVE THOSE PARTIES ? I KNOW THE BARNSTABLE TWINS HAVE THEM IN lOUISVILLE ..( bROWN & BARNSTABLE ) I' BET ANITA KNEW SOME THINGS".
Person

Nicholasville, KY

#149 Apr 11, 2013
Zoey wrote:
I remember when Anita MADDEN HAD THOSE DERBY PARTIES & CHANNEL 36 WOULD TELEVICE AFTER THE NIGHTLY NEWS.: DOES SHE STILL HAVE THOSE PARTIES ? I KNOW THE BARNSTABLE TWINS HAVE THEM IN lOUISVILLE ..( bROWN & BARNSTABLE ) I' BET ANITA KNEW SOME THINGS".
Luved watching the Madden hoopla.. The stories about her parties from the horse world...heard last summer that sshe had a stroke
Person

Nicholasville, KY

#150 Apr 11, 2013
Zoey wrote:
<quoted text> Fascinating ! The night I met Doug Flynn, he was sitting at a table with the former sports announcer for Ch 36 , Kenny Rice . IDK what happened to him .
He does something in the Horse world sports, he went to espn and I see him alot on horse announcing. He's always on tv when it derby
Zoey

Tyndall, SD

#151 Apr 11, 2013
Person wrote:
<quoted text>
He does something in the Horse world sports, he went to espn and I see him alot on horse announcing. He's always on tv when it derby
you're exactly right . I thought I'd seen him on tv 2 or 3 derbys back !
Zoey

United States

#152 Apr 11, 2013
Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Luved watching the Madden hoopla.. The stories about her parties from the horse world...heard last summer that sshe had a stroke
I liked watching them too . I remember John Goodman was there & being interviewed & he was buzzed big time ha ! Said he was having a ball . I thought there was another big one in Lexington Whitney maybe ?
Zoey

United States

#153 Apr 11, 2013
or Whitley ? Seems like some other name but can't recall.
Derby

Nicholasville, KY

#154 Apr 11, 2013
Zoey wrote:
<quoted text> I liked watching them too . I remember John Goodman was there & being interviewed & he was buzzed big time ha ! Said he was having a ball . I thought there was another big one in Lexington Whitney maybe ?
Gosh that's right, The Whitneys would have their big shindig and Anita Maddens party. They seemed to compete to each other.
Zoey

United States

#155 Apr 12, 2013
Derby wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh that's right, The Whitneys would have their big shindig and Anita Maddens party. They seemed to compete to each other.
Yep . It was Mary Lou (?) Whitley . I think or heard they were very wealthy . I think she had homes in New yOrk & elsewhere . She was related to another wealthy family ' I can't think of their Americana .
Zoey

United States

#156 Apr 12, 2013
sorry for the goof up . I was trying to type something else & " americana " popped up . I think her name is whitney like you said . Haven't seen nor heard her name in yrs . I wonder if Anita is still at Hamburg Place ?
Zoey

United States

#157 Apr 12, 2013
those big parties were exciting for Lexington . I don't know if they still have those but they probaly do . DERBY time just around the corner. I watched " Secretariat " again the other night & it is enjoying to watch .
Zoey

United States

#158 Apr 13, 2013
Marylou Whitney was & is a VeRY wealthy woman . She had been married to Corneilus Vanderbilt Whitney & she put on very ritzy parties in Lexington for some years . He died several years back ( she was married 4 times ) She is 72years young now with a 33 yr old boy friend ! I kept thinking she was affiliated w the Vanderbilt name but wasn't sure .
Zoey

United States

#159 Apr 14, 2013
I made a mistake concerning Marylou Whitney"s age . She's about 83 yrs old now & did suffer a stroke a couple of summers ago . She still has a much younger hubby . She owns so much land all over the country & donates millions of dollars to different organizations esp in the horse industry . She donated I think about 30 million to the markey cancer center at UKRAINE .
Zoey

United States

#160 Apr 14, 2013
sorry , another typo. Its not ukraine but University of Ky .
Wow

United States

#161 Apr 18, 2013
Interesting
Zoey

United States

#162 Apr 18, 2013
Wow wrote:
Interesting
Yes . I think so too . She is very , very wealthy . It tells all about her staring on Google & then takes you to other sites . I knew there was another rich old gal that gave parties but I didn't remember for a while . Read a article about patricia Brown in Louisville . She puts on a big throwdown at her home , her hubby is a Dr . Her twin sister lives in Los Angeles & she brings celebrities to Louisville as well . They had been cheerleaders at UK in the 70s & went to New york and modeled a bit .
chaz

London, KY

#163 Apr 26, 2013
Knew anita madden - went to some of her parties.
At the time it was rumored that her husband was very gay and she loved the UK football team -I mean she really loved them, Saw her with Sonny Collins at the Library Bar a few times. The bar in Chevy Chase was called Stingles. The bouncer checking ID's at the door of Stingles said my id said it wasnt me and kept my license. When i went to get another one, the sheriff at the time (cant remember his name) wanted me to press charges against Gary Stingle. I knew a few of the people in the book very well. It was really amazing to me how long the drug thing went on without anyone stopping it. Pretty interesting time.
blaa blaa

Elizabethtown, KY

#164 Apr 28, 2013
they need to free that woman the prosecuter was as corrupt as the rest of em
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe she shot the prosecutor at his home after knocking on his front door. I think In Florida?
And yes, she should sit her happy butt in jail for a long time. Forever would be fine with me.
tater

Bowling Green, KY

#165 May 9, 2013
Priss wrote:
My Moms cuz was involved n is talked about in the book. Roger Bernard was his name. R.I.P Roger!
He was my relative also. I have read the book then past it on to a friend.
tater

Bowling Green, KY

#166 May 9, 2013
tater wrote:
<quoted text> He was my relative also. I have read the book then past it on to a friend.
The place its showing im from on here is not right. Dont know how that got on there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica crawley 28 min Mememe 15
kay smith 32 min Mememe 3
Francis Campbell 38 min Spg 5
cari simpson 1 hr Lol 12
Courtney chesser 2 hr Curious 1
Trump breaks record 4 hr Don Thrumpet 2
Native American Web Page removed 4 hr baaBaaa 17

Willisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance