Blue Grass Conspiracy.
pattie potso

United States

#107 Feb 5, 2013
None of the book was ever proven a lot of it was made up,we knew some of the people mentioned,as far as dry branch rd,the one the writer refers to was in fayette county,it dead ended right at the ky river,and was rumored a few body,s were dumped there,we would find cigarettes and such along the banks of the river when we went fishing among other things,i can,t mention, and we worked for one of the local horse farms at the time one that was mentioned in the book,we would watch as people came and went from the house,the main house,a lot of ky football and basketball players came and went,one day there was an arguement between husband and wife,the wife was caught doing cocaine and sleeping with some of the athletes,among others,also saw alot of acters and politicians come and go.we had an idea of what was going on,but not for sure,until one of the old timers who had worked there for years got drunk one night and started telling what he knew,if it was true it would not be for the faint of heart,lex at the time was one rancid town full of corruption,drugs crooked cops and politicians,and who knows what all.
Read

Mount Sterling, KY

#108 Feb 5, 2013
There is a building in town it is called a library in the library there are books you can get a free card and check out these books only in a small town would people want too dig up dirt on people and go back 20 years to do so go to the library if you cannot read they have classes a cleas is where you go to learn stop saying i heard learn for your self and you may not always sound like an uneducatied person or better get a job you can learn a lot from work this is when a boss pays you for a job you exactly do let me know if this works for any of you
Central Kentucky

Richmond, KY

#109 Feb 5, 2013
Read, you might want to listen to your own advice and look in to that "class, where you go to learn" Your post was one long run on sentence that made very little sense. Have you ever heard of punctuation? Maybe if you go to the library and get one of those cards you mentioned and get you a book you will learn how to use it. And let us know how that works out for you as tou advised. And I don't really think its digging up dirt on people. It's history. It ibviously interested people enough they wrote a book about it. These people broke the law. Drugs, Murder, organized crime, etc. Their criminal records are part of public record. This was a large scale drug smuggling operation that involved a lot of corrupt police, business men, politicians etc. in central Kentucky . Its a little more than just small town gossip. See ya at the library!
pattie potso

United States

#110 Feb 5, 2013
Theres something behind my back and below my hips called my ass,why don,t you kiss it and go back to sleep,i know what i know and how i put is my business sounds like to me you need to learn how to understand what other people say before you make a snotty stupid remark.
CITIZEN

United States

#111 Feb 5, 2013
pattie , I'm not being a smartaleck but I'm trying to figure out which house it is u mentioned about the celebrities going in & out. I've read something about melanie Flynn being buried in a mine near the area called " Brooklyn " right at ky river which I guess would be on the Jessamine Co side ? I'm just tryin to figure these places. I haven't been in those areas for several yrs.
Dear Read

Nicholasville, KY

#112 Feb 5, 2013
Read wrote:
There is a building in town it is called a library in the library there are books you can get a free card and check out these books only in a small town would people want too dig up dirt on people and go back 20 years to do so go to the library if you cannot read they have classes a cleas is where you go to learn stop saying i heard learn for your self and you may not always sound like an uneducatied person or better get a job you can learn a lot from work this is when a boss pays you for a job you exactly do let me know if this works for any of you
What brought a lot of this back up is the Bluegrass Conspiracy Book the author has added new information since, new pictures information. The book is being promoted again. So why would people want to talk, to know? History has a way of always resurfacing book or no book
Dear Read

Nicholasville, KY

#113 Feb 5, 2013
There are so many people who know, saw,have seen, any any more words that can describe the secrets of Harrodsburg. These secrets have threatened people, scared people, and people wont ever talk. Some share their stories for them, some speculate the secrets by trying to put the pieces of the puzzle somewhat together. There are people that will go to their death and never talk out of fear of what they know, what they knew, saw and more. You truly have no ideal.
Raylan Givens

Lexington, KY

#114 Feb 5, 2013
It is also the inspiration for this year's season of Justified.
Dear Citizen

Nicholasville, KY

#115 Feb 5, 2013
CITIZEN wrote:
pattie , I'm not being a smartaleck but I'm trying to figure out which house it is u mentioned about the celebrities going in & out. I've read something about melanie Flynn being buried in a mine near the area called " Brooklyn " right at ky river which I guess would be on the Jessamine Co side ? I'm just tryin to figure these places. I haven't been in those areas for several yrs.
She told you without telling you. If you are not from this area, or not familiar with things mentioned back in the day. If you are very young you will not understand and not know who she is talking about. Do your own research and reread the book, which goes for a lot that have questions. Read the older one, research archieves, read the new updated book. This was not just conined to one town one area, but spread out amongst many.
If you ever went to the Library Lounge or no of it when it was in its prime disco you willl know more than any one else here.
Dear Citizen

Nicholasville, KY

#116 Feb 5, 2013
Though the one thing I don't agree with is Patties comment "alot was made up" the author did way too much research
Blue Eyes

Winchester, KY

#117 Feb 5, 2013
Not to be mean, but I don't understand why everyone doesn't just read the books or do some research. If you have the ability to post on Topix, then you have the ability to use Google as well. Personally, I would much rather obtain my own factual information rather than seek out "opinions and rumors" from people who may or may not know what they are talking about. For those of you who wanted information regarding Bonnie Kelly - if you type in "Bonnie Kelly Florida murder" you will find many links to newspaper articles, court opinions, etc. According to one article, she will not be eligible for parole until the year 2059 at which time she will be 107 years old. Here is a link to her inmate information page.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveInmates/detai...
Central Kentucky

Harrodsburg, KY

#118 Feb 5, 2013
Patties comment that a lot of this book was made up is ridiculous. Why anybody would make a comment like that about such a well written and thoroughly researched book is beyond me.
wondering

United States

#119 Feb 5, 2013
I personally do not see anything wrong with ppl talking about this situation and yes we ALL know abt Google. There is no need for being rude. I've been reading up on a story about a lady from georgia ( I think ) and she came here ( mercer co ) bought some land on the mercer & washington co line. Her name is Fielda michelle Looney . My goodness ! It is Deja vu . Its under Leonard ( forgot his last name) she speaks of Anderson , mercer , & other places & ppl. I've got Lots more to go.
Blue Eyes

Winchester, KY

#120 Feb 5, 2013
I did not say that there is anything wrong with people talking about this. I simply said that if people want the true facts, then they should do their own research instead of taking the word of strangers to be the truth.
Blue Eyes

Winchester, KY

#121 Feb 5, 2013
And as far as the people who believe that there are many secrets that will never come out and that there are many people who are too scared to tell - I highly doubt that. While I am sure that there are at least a few secrets, I'm even more sure that there are not numerous secrets. The odds are that the vast majority of people eventually tell everything especially criminals. Most of the people who knew or know the details of this story were most likely criminals as well. We all know what criminals do - they end up divulging every bit of information if it will benefit them in any way at all.
Central Kentucky

Harrodsburg, KY

#122 Feb 5, 2013
I agree blue eyes that there probably really aren't a lot of secrets out there that will never come out or that people are too afraid to tell. The involvement of anybody from around here has been exaggerated so much over the years. Oh I'm sure some people know a few things and that some were unloved in some small way, but if it was it would have been mentioned. Everything was pretty much exposed in the book. They all turned on each other like most criminals do, so it's all out there. Or at least the major players that were involved and their story. But I've enjoyed this forum and its always interesting to hear what people have to say or know.
wondering

United States

#123 Feb 5, 2013
what I seen on google and names that were on there this evening made me ill . Unfortunately , I recognized some names that made my skin crawl. Some were familiar w BLUE GRASS CONSPIRACY. BUT MOSTLY ITS a DIFF STORY OR DIFFERENT PPL. BUT NONE THE LESS IF PPL WANT TO dISCUSS THIS OR WHATEVER , SO BE IT.. I THINK ITS INTERESTING & YES I WAS IN THE lIBRARY LOUNGE BUT I WASN'T 21! I WAS NOT ASKED FOR I'D AND ENJOYED MYSELF. IT WAS SO CROWDED , WE COULD BARELY MOVE .
wondering

Baltimore, MD

#124 Feb 6, 2013
if you go to Google & bring up Fielda M. Looney & Leonard Lawson. I've not read it all but there are so many names that are from here. Some deceased. This lady's son was killed . She moved here from Georgia thinkin life would be better but its been a nightmare.
writer

United States

#125 Feb 6, 2013
There once was a chameleon who lived in Quakertown thinking she was in Pennsylvania, a state named for the famous statesman, landholder, and religious man, William Penn. Penn profited while arranging for poor and persecuted people to flee Europe and find hope in the New World. From Pennsylvania, Penn's namesake state, some of these immigrants migrated south - through Indian country, some moving as far south as Florida where they found the Seminoles and many mosquitoes, snakes and lakes.

Moral to the story is this: history is history and the historical story Sally Denton wrote regarding The Bluegrass Conspiracy is very well documented with outside sources. A shortcoming not of her making was information source limitations in those days. She also attempted to tackle a story with a size potential well beyond 3-400 pages.

"History is written by those who hanged the heroes," is an old wisdom that rings true so often on this money ruled planet, but in the case of The Bluegrass Conspiracy, many profited, some died, some were punished, some got away, and only one remains in prison. That one quite possibly knows where some of the bodies are buried.

Moral: Chameleons change colors, opinions, and try to stir trouble usually to serve themselves. Sometimes towns are named the same in several states. So whether you're from Kentucky, Missouri, the Quaker State, New Jersey, or an isolated Florida county like Seminolel, there's always someone watching with fascination to see a chameleon change colors. Sometimes the biggest of dogs will gobble up a chameleon and satisfy his hunger before wasting time and trouble on a fox hunt.

And in the end, all that really matters is the truth.
wondering

United States

#126 Feb 6, 2013
nice . Anyway , the Looney person mentioned some names that affects myself directly meaning ex wives & or husbands former so called associates that are deceased for only a few yrs. It Dosent sound like much to you but my skin has crawled since late last evening. I'm not saying anything else. Good evening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illusions 2 hr I know 5
Od 5 hr yep 2
Whitaker Family 9 hr Troy Whitaker 16
Philip Woodard & Lee Hunter Coleman 9 hr Karma is a REAL b... 1
Megan baker an justin smith 9 hr honestly 8
Where do older people hang out??? (Jun '09) 10 hr Aunt T Histimine 44
Pedro Garcia 10 hr Aunt T Histimine 7

Willisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance