Blue Grass Conspiracy.
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Abeece

Springfield, VA

#1 Dec 31, 2012
Anyone out there that has read the book ?? The few that I know that read it said it was lots of delicious stuff about this one & that one AND good ole Harrosdtown ! Any comments ? What year was it written. I'm goin to get it.( hopefully). My Ex father in law knew of ppl in the book.
tuggerbull

Nicholasville, KY

#2 Dec 31, 2012
Its lots of fun to read, but if ya think about it nothing is offered except isolated snippets of facts and lots of insinuated misbehavior.
Those billies could have been in that deep but probably they just got together and drank whiskey until their wives picked them up.
Abeece

United States

#3 Dec 31, 2012
I don't know. I've just heard a few talk about it but I still want to look at it.. Suppose to involve Lexington PD and Anita & preston madden ( Esp her . He's passed). Suppose to be interesting.
Everyone

Harrodsburg, KY

#4 Dec 31, 2012
The Bluegrass Conspiracy! Well worth the read.Don't pass judgement on dead people, for real it's been a long time now!
jug head

Harrodsburg, KY

#5 Jan 1, 2013
my wife 1st cus was a city cop at the time in lexington use to drink and shot guns togather back in the 70s he left town and didn't see him for 26 years later and just for one day then but he never would talk about it why he left ..... but hes mom and dad had a damn nice home off of t.creek road at that time .
really

Harrodsburg, KY

#6 Jan 1, 2013
It's a pretty good book. I always heard it had a bunch of stuff about Harrodsburg as well, until I read it. One of the main characters (can't remember his name, he lived on Dry Branch) was from here, a state trooper. Thats pretty much all Harrodsburg had to do with it. The state trooper is also a character in another book about the Cornbread Mafia out of Lebanon (KY). I haven't got to read the other book but I heard he was pretty dirty in it but such a law abiding person in B.G.C
notmuch

Nicholasville, KY

#7 Jan 1, 2013
Not a lot about harrodsburg.....maybe one name thats,it
abecee

United States

#8 Jan 1, 2013
There was a girl that was suppose to have been murdered & I believe her name was Melanie Flynn. I've heard her body could be in the lake , river , in a well. Horrible things. I don't really know all the details. Something about she might be on a farm in Jessamine co . I don't know how old she was when she disappeared. What a shame.
abecee

United States

#9 Jan 1, 2013
buried on a farm in Jessamine co. Is what I meant. She had a brother & his name is Doug Flynn & he was pro baseball player in that time. I met him either at the 'Brass ass ' or cowboys but it was 1977. He was hanging around with Kenny Rice who worked for channel 36. Idk if he still works there. Dosent matter. I've got to get that book !
abecee

United States

#10 Jan 1, 2013
I read a little something about Drew Thornton who was a fmr DEA for lexington & parachuted with 80s. Lbs of cocaine strapped to his waste along with cash & weapons. He died of course with all the xtra weight & a bad parachute. His G f at the time was Rebecca Sharpe. I dont know what happened to her xcept she was implicated on drug dealings etc.
Sis

United States

#11 Jan 1, 2013
I don't know of a state trooper on dry branch. I think a former sheriff I C james lived out ther.
sis

United States

#13 Jan 1, 2013
Conductor wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert Ross was his name
oh, ok . Thanks. Do you know about how long ago that was ? I wonder if he is still alive.
sis

United States

#14 Jan 1, 2013
there is suppose to be another book out called 'FreeFall' and its about the Thornton guy and others.
Central Kentucky

Harrodsburg, KY

#15 Jan 1, 2013
It was first published in 1991. It is a great book and is very interesting. The time period it covers is the 70's and 80's when John Y Brown was governor. The part about it mentioning a lot of people or anything to do with Harrodsburg is an old rumor I've heard several times over the years. It mentions dry branch rd one time because that is were the state trooper ralph Ross lived as a child. It mainly deals with Lexington and the corruption of several law enforcement officers, business men and politicians , etc. and the drugs and weapons smuggling that was goin on at that time among these people. It is a great read for anybody from central ky and is a very interesting book.
abeecee

United States

#16 Jan 1, 2013
well, I'm getting more intrigued to read this. I do remember bein in the "Library" bar or lounge in mid to late 70s although I wasn't 21 they still let me in. It was a nice place with large pictures of ppl like Liz Taylor , Marilyn , etc. I'm goin to chk with local library to see if they may have it.. I probaly should just buy it.. Thanx for info.
abeecee

United States

#17 Jan 1, 2013
I remember John y when he married Fmr Miss America , Phyliss George & then she was 1st lady. I had "heard" things about the Gov at the time but u always hear some kind of something no matter who or what they are.
great book

Demotte, IN

#18 Jan 2, 2013
This is a really good book. There were more people involved from Mercer county than what the book tells. Also, they use to use the old airport here quite a bit (where Anderson Dean park is now). Though this all happened while I was a child, I was always told to read the book because of some of the people involved. When I was in my early 20's I met John and Mike Kelly from Jessamine county, and actually went to the farm quite a few times. Mike is the one they call the "fat man" in the book, John is his brother. Mike passed away from cancer a few years after I met him and his wife. He was no longer a "fat man". As far as I know, his brother, John is still alive. I believe there are quite a few who were involved that are still living. I have read the book, and know the things that they did, but I have to say that they were never anything but nice to me and my family. Read it, then do some research of your own. It is very interesting.
abeecee

United States

#19 Jan 2, 2013
Thanks great book for the info. I've " heard " for a while of 2 mercer co natives that were involved but I'm kinda leery to mention them. Business men. I know I heard about the old airport it was owned by a Cummings man yrs ago. I think he did crop dusting for some. The more I hear the more I want to know.! Also one called "Freefall "suppose to be about andrew Thornton.
Priss
#20 Jan 2, 2013
My Moms cuz was involved n is talked about in the book. Roger Bernard was his name. R.I.P Roger!
onetruedigger

Nicholasville, KY

#21 Jan 2, 2013
Its a nice fantasy, that hburg was involved with something important. go ahead and enjoy it in lieu of anything concrete to believe in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abortion Clinic 40 min Whats it to ya 8
Brandon yates 1 hr Dumbdumb 6
megan bowman (Jan '10) 4 hr Gregg 9
burgoo 4 hr Gregg 1
April Bradley 4 hr See ever day 3
Drugs 8 hr Be careful 8
wat u think 22 hr look here 2

Willisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance