Gunman

Lawrenceburg, KY

#1 Mar 4, 2013
How do people feel about others with open carry? I feel that everyone has a right to defend their own life. Cops are responders! They respond After you become a victim.
really

Winchester, KY

#2 Mar 4, 2013
what are cops supposed to do ? be your personal bodyguard? its the open carry dumazzes that draw attention and cause commotion, if you want to carry then get a permit, carry concealed, be ready to defend yourself.
Gunman

Lawrenceburg, KY

#3 Mar 4, 2013
Who said I didn't have a CCDW? Who said anything about a bodyguard? I don't need a cop to protect myself. I have a legal right to carry. Open or concealed. Your right about one thing. Carry concealed is best, we don't want to cause a commotion.
Rita

Plant City, FL

#4 Mar 5, 2013
Where can one take.classes?
Gunman

Lawrenceburg, KY

#5 Mar 5, 2013
Rita wrote:
Contact your local sheriff's office for ccdw licensed trainer's. Or Google it.
Rita

United States

#6 Mar 5, 2013
Gunman wrote:
<quoted text> Contact your local sheriff's office for ccdw licensed trainer's. Or Google it.
Thank you!
constantine

Chicago, IL

#7 Mar 6, 2013
The media and govt has made it socially unacceptable...but everyone should carry more often...its our right
Gunman

Lawrenceburg, KY

#8 Mar 10, 2013
constantine wrote:
The media and govt has made it socially unacceptable...but everyone should carry more often...its our right
Amen!
lol

Lawrenceburg, KY

#9 Mar 10, 2013
The problem with open carry is the average civilian who knows nothing about the 2nd Amendment, gun ownership, or self defense. Rather than seeing a law abiding citizen exercising his 2nd Amendment right, they see some random person with a .45 strapped on his hip, and it either frightens them or excites them into calling the police. While I do think their swift reaction is annoying, considering recent events I can understand where they come from. You never know who in a group is the crazy one, and open carry is so uncommon amongst civilians that it does set you apart. All that being said, it is your right in the state of Kentucky to LEGALLY open carry, so if you want to then by all means go ahead, just keep in mind the attention you are going to draw. On a final note, also keep in mind that if you do open carry you eliminate the element of surprise if you ever do have to defensively use your weapon. The assailant will be able to tell you are armed before he begins his attack, and while your weapon may deter him, chances are your exposed weapon will just make you his first and primary target.
lburg citizen

Lawrenceburg, KY

#10 Feb 20, 2014
lol wrote:
The problem with open carry is the average civilian who knows nothing about the 2nd Amendment, gun ownership, or self defense. Rather than seeing a law abiding citizen exercising his 2nd Amendment right, they see some random person with a .45 strapped on his hip, and it either frightens them or excites them into calling the police. While I do think their swift reaction is annoying, considering recent events I can understand where they come from. You never know who in a group is the crazy one, and open carry is so uncommon amongst civilians that it does set you apart. All that being said, it is your right in the state of Kentucky to LEGALLY open carry, so if you want to then by all means go ahead, just keep in mind the attention you are going to draw. On a final note, also keep in mind that if you do open carry you eliminate the element of surprise if you ever do have to defensively use your weapon. The assailant will be able to tell you are armed before he begins his attack, and while your weapon may deter him, chances are your exposed weapon will just make you his first and primary target.
I agree, the average person doesn't know anything about the 2nd Amendment. Or most of them for that matter. In this day and age (politically and morally) that is a serious issue. I also don't feel like i should base my personal choice (and right) to carry concealed or open on the fact that others might be lacking in knowledge on their own constitution. My house and car have both been broken into. I care more about that than I care about what anyone thinks about my carrying. Concealed or open. I do both myself. As for becoming a target because my gun openly carried: Self defense does not stop at me "strapping on my firearm". It is a tool for self defense. Only one tool in a box of many and should be used in conjunction with common sense and an awareness of your surroundings at all times to name a few. Just my opinion, and no offense meant to anyone.:) This is a great topic for debate. And an enjoyable one for myself at least. Have a good one all and God bless.
Sheepdog40342

Frankfort, KY

#11 Feb 22, 2014
I have no problem whatsoever with open carry.I've had a CCDW for over a decade, and usually don't bother with open carry, but I've done it on occasion.
Anyone with common sense ought to realize that the bad guys seldom go about their daily lives with a weapon on display. They know it gets noticed, and they don't want the scrutiny.

Unfortunately there are gun control groups which actively encourage calling the police, as well as any place of business where they see anyone open carrying to complain. They hope to get people thrown out and/or arrested for exercising a constitutional right.

If you do open carry, be on your best behavior, and be prepared to deal with the police if they show up. Remember they are probably responding to some frantic idiot's phone call and have no idea who you are.

Beamman

Lexington, KY

#13 Jul 1, 2014
Rita wrote:
There's a place on new circle called slight point and they have the lowest price for the CCW class. Very informative. That's where I took mine.
army vet

Nicholasville, KY

#14 Jul 3, 2014
Just get a gun holster and strap your pistol to your side and wear a shirt untucked. Then when you see a cop just tuck your shirt in so its visible. After its clear then pull your shirt back out. I have been doing this for the last 15 years and never had a problem about it being concealed. And now in your car you can put it under the seat or in console and not be breaking the law!
No no no

Elizabethtown, IN

#15 Jul 3, 2014
army vet wrote:
Just get a gun holster and strap your pistol to your side and wear a shirt untucked. Then when you see a cop just tuck your shirt in so its visible. After its clear then pull your shirt back out. I have been doing this for the last 15 years and never had a problem about it being concealed. And now in your car you can put it under the seat or in console and not be breaking the law!
Console yes. Under seat, no no no.
No no no

Elizabethtown, IN

#16 Jul 3, 2014
army vet wrote:
KRS 527.020(8) states in part that:
"A loaded or unloaded firearm or other deadly weapon shall not be deemed
concealed on or about the person if it is located in any enclosed container,
compartment, or storage space installed as original equipment in a motor
vehicle by its manufacturer, including but not limited to a glove compartment,
center console, or seat pocket, regardless of whether said enclosed container,
storage space, or compartment is locked, unlocked, or does not have a locking
mechanism. No person or organization, public or private, shall prohibit a person
from keeping a loaded or unloaded firearm or ammunition, or both, or other
deadly weapon in a vehicle in accordance with the provisions of this subsection.
Any attempt by a person or organization, public or private, to violate the
provisions of this subsection may be the subject of an action for appropriate
relief or for damages in a Circuit Court or District Court of competent jurisdiction.
This subsection shall not apply to any person prohibited from possessing a
firearm pursuant to KRS 527.040."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tractor mechanic 16 min Jimmy 2
Sports and Mercer school 2 hr Bert 25
Big silo between Harrodsburg and lawrenceburg 5 hr Dazed n confused 6
married men that cheat 6 hr Just being me 6
Trump has mental issues 6 hr Marty Wyoart 30
Female named Elizabeth 8 hr Marty 1
3 people died in another wreck 8 hr Marty 31

Willisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance