Who has bought Sicily Yoder's Book or...

Who has bought Sicily Yoder's Book or seen her in the Newspapers?

Created by Facts on Aug 18, 2009

33 votes

Click on an option to vote

Bought any of her novels

Bought her cookbook

Seen her in The Anderson News

Seen her on Television

Seen her in The Herald-Leader

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Linda Wedge

AOL

#1 Aug 18, 2009
I have known this writter for a long time, she is a board member on a site with both belong to and become a friend.... excellent writter...
Pedantic

Bellflower, CA

#2 Aug 18, 2009
Unfortunately, LW, you are not. W R I T E R.
Vanessa

Medford, OR

#3 Aug 18, 2009
I have read numerous posts over the years from readers of Sicily's books and from everything I have read I gather that she is a fine writer.
Facts

Lawrenceburg, KY

#4 Aug 18, 2009
We can all make typos now and then...I type way too fast. Yawn...its time to go home.
Bounty Hunter

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Aug 19, 2009
I saw her in Penthouse. She wasn't bad.
jkyrstel

Shreveport, LA

#6 Aug 19, 2009
this woman is crazy do not feed into her fantasies. and she is pretending to be diffrent peple online. and she is not a real writer and she is not really amish and has defintely not been in penthouse. she posts fake sites on the internet and pretends to be famous. in fact she is sitting at home pretending to be all the people listed on this discussion.
Facts

Lawrenceburg, KY

#7 Aug 19, 2009
No, actually, you have iot all wrong mr. "jkyrstel." We are Sicily's friends and we are at her house, and YES, we take up for her. And she did post on her herself, using her onw name. She doesn't just sit at home all day doing nothing. She works full time out in the field. And you are not a Louisville law enforcement "investigator." You may be an invesigator for specific people, but your not a member of the Louisville PD- we just found that out. So don't go on here and try to make yourself look like you know everything when Sicily grew up here and she IS A Writer and she is Mennonite. Half the town knows her personally since she grew up here and she has Mennonite friends visiting often. She has posted no fake sites- she has a financial blog, a travel site with PICTURES of her food/travel reviews- HELLO!! She can't just make up all of those pictures from all over the states in her mind. And her cookbook is posted on her website, so how can that be imaginary??? And her first novel from 2003 is posted on Amazon eventhough it has been pulled from market for years due to the poor editing ( and she admits this.) She has an author blog and Myspace page, too. So tell me, where are these "fake" sites??? No, she hasn't been in penthouse- she is a Christian author. And lastly, she ISN'T AMISH. She is Mennonite!!! Its sad when you don't live here and speak for someone who has lived here most of their life. The city is laughing at you. Again, she isn't a "celebrity", that was the pr that fruity gal sent out. She is a business owner and author. Why do you keep dwelling on those releases?? We, who are friends with her and visit her all the time, know she is an awesome person. You still didn't answer me about the fall library cooking shows- how can you disprove that tour??? You can't.
Facts

Lawrenceburg, KY

#8 Aug 19, 2009
Bounty Hunter wrote:
I saw her in Penthouse. She wasn't bad.
I do like your sense of humor, Bounty Hunter, at least you took up for her!!
Bounty Hunter

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Aug 19, 2009
jkyrstel wrote:
this woman is crazy do not feed into her fantasies. and she is pretending to be diffrent peple online. and she is not a real writer and she is not really amish and has defintely not been in penthouse. she posts fake sites on the internet and pretends to be famous. in fact she is sitting at home pretending to be all the people listed on this discussion.
That's a damn lie! I saw her in Penthouse and she is Amish because she was wearing Amish underwear - around her ankles.
tweety bird

Lawrenceburg, KY

#10 Aug 19, 2009
jkyrstel wrote:
YOU MY FRIEND ARE THE SICK ONE,WHY SHOULD ANYONE HAVE TO PROVE ANYTHING TO YOU.BEACAUSE WE [teresas ]FRIENDS KNOW WHO SHE REALLY IS.Please feel free to let us know who you are by putting one of your many names on here.COULD YOU HAVE SKELTONS IN YOUR CLOSET THAT YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE OUT IN THE OPEN, SOOOOOOOOOOOO COME ON i would call you by your name but you go by so many now a days..........
ComputerWIZ

Lawrenceburg, KY

#11 Aug 19, 2009
Bounty Hunter...Your so funny!!! She does wear her Amish dress and covering to schools and when she goes to church in Manchester, Ky. She has several bonnets & coverings. I know because I'm at her house right now...and she is BEGGING me to not post anymore, but I can't help myself as I am very TIRED of these people flaming her. And my real name is... Skeeter, bet you know- your the best for taking up for Teresa. And if you want to track me down...that is hard to do as I don't live in Lawrencbeurg and I'm glad!! Georgetown is much, much better. Bounty Hunter...she thinks your cool!! She is friends with Krissy Lynn...do you know her???
ComputerWIZ

Lawrenceburg, KY

#12 Aug 19, 2009
Bounty Hunter...where you from?? Want to meet us for a cocktail at Ruby Tuesdays? We are going there tonight as soon as others gets here.
Bounty Hunter

Hodgenville, KY

#13 Aug 19, 2009
ComputerWIZ wrote:
Bounty Hunter...where you from?? Want to meet us for a cocktail at Ruby Tuesdays? We are going there tonight as soon as others gets here.
I'll have to pass this time. I'm hiding from 2 different women. They investigate better than that damn Quincy.
Bounty Hunter

Hodgenville, KY

#14 Aug 19, 2009
ComputerWIZ wrote:
Bounty Hunter...Your so funny!!! She does wear her Amish dress and covering to schools and when she goes to church in Manchester, Ky. She has several bonnets & coverings. I know because I'm at her house right now...and she is BEGGING me to not post anymore, but I can't help myself as I am very TIRED of these people flaming her. And my real name is... Skeeter, bet you know- your the best for taking up for Teresa. And if you want to track me down...that is hard to do as I don't live in Lawrencbeurg and I'm glad!! Georgetown is much, much better. Bounty Hunter...she thinks your cool!! She is friends with Krissy Lynn...do you know her???
I used to date a girl named Krissy Lynn. But she had a wooden leg.

Had to break it off.
Bounty Hunter

Hodgenville, KY

#15 Aug 19, 2009
I have read all of Sicily's books. Twice. I thoroughly enjoyed them all. I particularly like her use of alliteration, her depth of character development, and plot foreshadowing.

I just wish they were not quite as thick.
Facts

Lawrenceburg, KY

#16 Aug 19, 2009
Yes, I know...she tends to make some of her characters a little thick, while others are a little shadowy. But, hey, its got to be touch being a writer!! Did you buy them from Amazon ( novels?) I like making Shelby's Coleslaw, for it is very good with the ranch dressing.
Bounty Hunter

Hodgenville, KY

#17 Aug 19, 2009
I watched her from a distance just recently. I was discreet to avoid her gaze, as she glided gazelle - like over the grass, her black brogans almost seeming to float above it.

Such grace and fluid movement, as liquid trapped amid the air. I had not seen such natural beauty since the African safari and the filming of rare Blue Swan as they refreshed themselves on the banks of the Amazon.

She turns. Did she see me? My heart pounds, heavier, faster. Something in me says throw the caution to list in the wind, confess your admiration, yes, your desire.

The vision fades. Her lovely hourglass silhouette disappears into the heavy front doorway of the welding shop.

WOW

Lawrenceburg, KY

#18 Aug 19, 2009
You could be a writer!
WOW

Lawrenceburg, KY

#19 Aug 20, 2009
I stand corrected on lashing back at people who attacked Sicily online. Now I can see why she wasn't doing any of this, being Mennonite, they believe in "love they neighbor as theyself." I will be like this from now on and April and Sallae will, too, no being mean to anyone.
I have got to go to work, and I want everyone, even the flamers to have a wonderfully, blessed day!

Blessings,

"WOW" aka "FACTS" on TOPIX
April

Lawrenceburg, KY

#20 Aug 20, 2009
I am taking this time to apologize for my rude behaviour and ask for everyone here on TOPIX to get along. I was rude because I was very angry toward people who really don't know my friend, Sicily and her Mennonite sect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dope 1 hr Yeppp 9
Hot woman next to tattoo shop 1 hr Younger guy 5
Zach Henninger 3 hr Stupid 2
Michelle Allen (Mar '10) 7 hr Brownsugar4151 9
Places 9 hr Turd 2
dogfood 11 hr Jeff the Drunk 9
Trump's tax's 19 hr Kelso 6

Willisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance