Mayors' attendance at Boyle EDP meetings questioned

Feb 23, 2013 Full story: The Advocate Online 11

Some local officials are concerned about what they feel is a lack of representation in the Danville-Boyle County Economic Development Partnership from the city governments of Danville and Junction City.

Full Story
Ky Mama

Ft Mitchell, KY

#1 Feb 25, 2013
The Mayor can't comprehend the importance of keepign jobs here. It's easy to sit back and point fingers and criticize. Much harder to become part of the solution.
the old drunk

Danville, KY

#2 Feb 25, 2013
all he worries about is the price of beer
poo stain

Harrodsburg, KY

#3 Feb 25, 2013
how much is beer
Junction

Richmond, KY

#4 Feb 26, 2013
I bet you money that none of you know what EDP actually is but if you read the newspaper it says that there was $230,000 in their budget so guess what Junction got out of it not one red penny. They spend all their time and money trying to beautify Perryville and Main Street of Danville. That's the way it is and always has been but let me assure you the Mayor or one of his representatives have been to a meeting since 2011. EDP is run but Danville and Parryville and could care less about Junction.
Oh Yeah

United States

#5 Feb 26, 2013
Junction wrote:
I bet you money that none of you know what EDP actually is but if you read the newspaper it says that there was $230,000 in their budget so guess what Junction got out of it not one red penny. They spend all their time and money trying to beautify Perryville and Main Street of Danville. That's the way it is and always has been but let me assure you the Mayor or one of his representatives have been to a meeting since 2011. EDP is run but Danville and Parryville and could care less about Junction.
...You have not a clue to what your talking about. Junction City receives more money from EDP than Perryville.
hell yea

Danville, KY

#6 Feb 28, 2013
Oh Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
...You have not a clue to what your talking about. Junction City receives more money from EDP than Perryville.
yea beer money
Ky Mama

Danville, KY

#7 Feb 28, 2013
Oh Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not true. Request the budget from EDP. It's public record and anyone can look at the budget.

It is disappointing that EDP is taking hits when it's the lack of City Leadership that is at issue here. EDP needs the engagement and input from our elected officials. You can't be absent from the table and scream that you don't like the outcome!
danville diner

Danville, KY

#8 Mar 1, 2013
The Mayor has his own agenda,and its not for the best interest of Danville.
wrong

Danville, KY

#9 Mar 1, 2013
the old drunk mayor has his own interest and thats to better himself at the expense of the city.
JCresident

United States

#10 Mar 3, 2013
Every time I go by Jackies the Mayor's truck is there an one of the Black police cars of Junctions is there .
hungry

Danville, KY

#11 Mar 3, 2013
JCresident wrote:
Every time I go by Jackies the Mayor's truck is there an one of the Black police cars of Junctions is there .
dont you know its feedin time. i hope he burps merl and scott so they dont get indijestion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 29 min Le Jimbo 152,807
dog that cop hit 36 min Nutz 11
Upcoming Election 1 hr Anderson County r... 9
Anthony Simpson 1 hr Singlelady 3
kkk (Mar '09) 2 hr On the fence 74
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 hr haaaaaaa 4,133
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 5 hr Reporter 26,251
•••
•••
•••

Willisburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Willisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••