First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Ms independent

Danville, KY

#1 Mar 13, 2013
I think harrodsburg is the worst place to live to many stupid people and this forum proves that no one doesnt have anything to do but talk about others
CheeseHead

Harrodsburg, KY

#2 Mar 13, 2013
I agree if I wasn't married wit kids @ grandkids I'd move!
Easy Rider

Nicholasville, KY

#3 Mar 14, 2013
If im not mistaken there is a highway that runs north and south right through harrodsburg. 68 also runs east and west. Maybe you could get in your car and leave. And don't forget to take all your drama with you as it seems to me that the people that complain the most often bring most of their problems on themselves. And the same could be said a well for people that are happy with their circumstances. Your responsible for your own happiness and for what goes in your life. Don't blame it on Harrodsburg. Most towns are the same. If you go somewhere else you will be complaining about the same things. If your not happy with your situation do something about it.
Ms independent

Danville, KY

#4 Mar 14, 2013
Its nosy people like you that make me want to leave, you cant fart in this town without someone knowing , its a scumbag hole and trust me i will get out of here .. Im ashamed for people to know i live here!
Yitzchak Ziffer

Harrodsburg, KY

#5 Mar 14, 2013
Ms independent wrote:
I think harrodsburg is the worst place to live to many stupid people and this forum proves that no one doesnt have anything to do but talk about others
The worst thing about Harrodsburg is that it is old and people want to keep it that way. There seems to be a real effort to keep Harrodsburg in the 50s. But wait, the town was much more alive and up to date 60 plus years ago. Think about it. If you want to buy men's clothing you have to go to Lexington. If you want to eat at a good restaurant you have to go to Lexington. No recreation for kids or adults for that matter. Nothing to do. No real bars. No fun. A main street with nothing.
Easy Rider

Nicholasville, KY

#6 Mar 14, 2013
How am I being nosy? Please explain. I merely responded to your comment. You made a comment on topix to get a response. When I didn't respond in a manner that agreed with you, you said that was being nosy? I just dont understand people who complain about Harrodsburg, or anywherevthey live for that matter. Where a person lives is merely a location. Thats it. A geographic location has very little to do with a persons circumstances. I merely voiced my opinion that the type of people that complain are generally going to have the same complaints, griefs, and drama no matter where they live. Most small towns are the same. I happen to like this one.
Tina

Harrodsburg, KY

#7 Mar 14, 2013
I agree, this is a crappy little town..Not a thing to do here except sit at home and grow old and go crazy...If I could move away I would in a heart beat, but my husband loves it here and he would never think about leaving, so Im stuck here.I mean look at Jessamine County, 15 years ago they had nothing like h-hurg and look how they have grown and look at all the things to do there...Time to change this town

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, Maryland

#8 Mar 14, 2013
Yitzchak Ziffer wrote:
<quoted text>
The worst thing about Harrodsburg is that it is old and people want to keep it that way. There seems to be a real effort to keep Harrodsburg in the 50s. But wait, the town was much more alive and up to date 60 plus years ago. Think about it. If you want to buy men's clothing you have to go to Lexington. If you want to eat at a good restaurant you have to go to Lexington. No recreation for kids or adults for that matter. Nothing to do. No real bars. No fun. A main street with nothing.
As I type this, it's 12:35pm. The banks will be open for at least three more hours.

You need to hop in your car, right now, and head on down (or up) to the bank of your choice. Ask to speak to a loan officer. Tell him or her that you want to take out a loan to open a men's clothing store and/or a loan to open a nice restaurant.

Since, by your estimation, there is no place in Harrodsburg to buy these things, and people are going to Lexington, you will have cornered the market from day one!

Let me know how it goes!
Dave

Harrodsburg, KY

#9 Mar 14, 2013
ONE TRUE DIGGER.....please explain to me where are all these stores in H-burg that a man can go and buy clothes, other than walmart...Please tell me what there is to do here for entertainment..Please tell us where we can go to have a nice family dinner other than Eddies Montgomery Steakhouse and Mexican food...Please do us all a favor and tell us.and once again why u so quick to tell people to ruin to the local bank and take out a loan..I see that you tell alot of people that....OH FYI EMSH is expensive....LMAO
chamber of kommerce

Richmond, KY

#10 Mar 14, 2013
Dave wrote:
ONE TRUE DIGGER.....please explain to me where are all these stores in H-burg that a man can go and buy clothes, other than walmart...Please tell me what there is to do here for entertainment..Please tell us where we can go to have a nice family dinner other than Eddies Montgomery Steakhouse and Mexican food...Please do us all a favor and tell us.and once again why u so quick to tell people to ruin to the local bank and take out a loan..I see that you tell alot of people that....OH FYI EMSH is expensive....LMAO
I eat at the fudge factory, old owl tavern, la Fonda, blue moon, the old bus station and el charro and shakertown. I like them all. When I have out of town guests we go to the fudge shop or Beaumont or shakertown.

I buy my clothing in Lexington.

I go to the ragged edge or spend time playing with my son. We go to Anderson dean, shakertown or the fort. That's my entertainment.

Digger wants you to go to the bank and get a loan to start a business because its a private sector matter. And, of course, if there is a void in the Harrodsburg market your business would thrive.

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, Maryland

#11 Mar 14, 2013
Dave wrote:
ONE TRUE DIGGER.....please explain to me where are all these stores in H-burg that a man can go and buy clothes, other than walmart...Please tell me what there is to do here for entertainment..Please tell us where we can go to have a nice family dinner other than Eddies Montgomery Steakhouse and Mexican food...Please do us all a favor and tell us.and once again why u so quick to tell people to ruin to the local bank and take out a loan..I see that you tell alot of people that....OH FYI EMSH is expensive....LMAO
Well.....

If you're talking about men's formal wear, there's not. I now offer the same suggestion to you. You do see me tell a lot of people that. Who's responsibility do you think it is to open such places?

It seems that people whine and complain that there isn't anything to do, yet no one is willing to invest the time and money in remedying that. They somehow feel that responsibility falls on the city.

Now on to your next complaint. Where to eat. Any suggestion I make is going to either be (1) too expensive or (2) not up to your standards. It would seem that many of you want to be able to take your family out to eat at a five-star restaurant for $20.

From time to time I enjoy dinner at the Old Owl Tavern. I've had many good meals at Family Affair. More than once I've enjoyed a very good meal at Shaker Village. What cuisine do you and your family prefer and what is your price range?

Again, if you think that some place like Cheddar's or Applebee's would do well in Harrodburg, by all means, go talk to a loan officer. But it's a lot easier to just be a "hater" on those who have actually taken a chance and won.

As for entertainment, what type of entertainment do you like? Are you going to go with the standard "movies, bowling alleys, skating rinks"? Again, if you think that Harrodsburg can support of a movie theater, head down to the bank. Who's responsibility is it to open those things? The city? The county?
klingon

United States

#12 Mar 14, 2013
Dave wrote:
ONE TRUE DIGGER.....please explain to me where are all these stores in H-burg that a man can go and buy clothes, other than walmart...Please tell me what there is to do here for entertainment..Please tell us where we can go to have a nice family dinner other than Eddies Montgomery Steakhouse and Mexican food...Please do us all a favor and tell us.and once again why u so quick to tell people to ruin to the local bank and take out a loan..I see that you tell alot of people that....OH FYI EMSH is expensive....LMAO
digger is so stupid. Lowlife
klingon

United States

#13 Mar 14, 2013
Tina wrote:
I agree, this is a crappy little town..Not a thing to do here except sit at home and grow old and go crazy...If I could move away I would in a heart beat, but my husband loves it here and he would never think about leaving, so Im stuck here.I mean look at Jessamine County, 15 years ago they had nothing like h-hurg and look how they have grown and look at all the things to do there...Time to change this town
does your husband have mom & dad still here ? A lot of people won't leave if their parents or sister or brother is still here . I left home at 14 . Damn sure wasn't afraid to discover america. Sometimes you gotta make that decision and just go. If u don't u will regret it later on down the road of life. Not tryin to be a Smartass but its just like that .
lisa

Harrodsburg, KY

#14 Mar 14, 2013
chamber of kommerce wrote:
<quoted text>
I eat at the fudge factory, old owl tavern, la Fonda, blue moon, the old bus station and el charro and shakertown. I like them all. When I have out of town guests we go to the fudge shop or Beaumont or shakertown.
I buy my clothing in Lexington.
I go to the ragged edge or spend time playing with my son. We go to Anderson dean, shakertown or the fort. That's my entertainment.
Digger wants you to go to the bank and get a loan to start a business because its a private sector matter. And, of course, if there is a void in the Harrodsburg market your business would thrive.
So basically u are saying the same as everyone else, no place to shop, no entertainment, and some of the places u mentioned, fudge factory, blue moon, old bus station are not what i call resturants to get a good meal..If i recall the only thing u can get there is a soup or sandwich, and OLS nothing but fried greasy food such as fast food....
who likes it

Harrodsburg, KY

#15 Mar 14, 2013
It's a 1 horse town and the last horse left town that leaves a big 0
DEEDEE

Harrodsburg, KY

#16 Mar 14, 2013
ONe True Digger....Im not the smartest person so bare with me...As far as me opening up a resturant,or a gym,or my own clothing store, I know all I have to do is run to my local bank and take out a loan...(and it would go bankrupt in a month LOL)But as far as opening up say something like applebee's or Cheedars, or a bar, I thought that was the city responsibiliy, or the zoning and planning board, and then applebees would decided if harrodsburg was a suitable location ford there resturant...Guess i stop babbling now...Hope u understood all i was trying to say
Ms independent

Danville, KY

#17 Mar 14, 2013
Im glad that others agree , there is nothing here for out kids , no future , no jobs , buildings that look like they might fall down .. Its a depressing hole! And everybody knows your business!
Central Kentucky

Nicholasville, KY

#18 Mar 14, 2013
It makes no sense to compare Mercer county, which has a population of 21,000+ to Jessamine county, which has a population of 49,000 +. Did you ever think that one of the reasons nicholasville has experienced such growth is their proximity to Fayette county?? And that goes with a lot of towns I hear Harrodsburg compared to, for example, Danville and Bardstown are two I hear mentioned a lot. Danville can draw from at least 5, 6 counties , maybe more. Harrodsburg cant due to being located between Frankfort and Lexington. And Danville beat us to the punch with the alcohol issue, so there is now no way harrodsburg can support competing resturaunts, due to being so close and with economy the way it is. But instead of complaining about the lack of opportunities here how about being thankful that we are so close to Danville, Frankfort, and Lexington, and the many fine things they offer. I personally think we have quite a few dining options here, better than a lot of small towns, and if I want something different I get in my vehicle and drive to danville or Lexington.
Central Kentucky

Nicholasville, KY

#19 Mar 14, 2013
And in my opinion the reason one true digger suggests gettin a loan and opening up a chain resturaunt or a clothing store because it easier said than done. Anybody can sit back and complain. If its so easy, go out and do it. Smart businessmen and chain franchises don't just plop a resturaunt down anywhere. They study and put a lot of research into these things. It's moronic to think somebody would open up an Applebee's in harrodsburg when there's one, what 12 miles down the road in Danville? Chain stores and resturaunts need to be spaced out for economic reasons. And how boring would it be if every town looked the same and had the same things to offer? I think we've got the best of both worlds. We live in a small town but have several options within an hours drive, less if you go to Frankfort or Danville.
Jack

Harrodsburg, KY

#20 Mar 14, 2013
Central Kentucky wrote:
It makes no sense to compare Mercer county, which has a population of 21,000+ to Jessamine county, which has a population of 49,000 +. Did you ever think that one of the reasons nicholasville has experienced such growth is their proximity to Fayette county?? And that goes with a lot of towns I hear Harrodsburg compared to, for example, Danville and Bardstown are two I hear mentioned a lot. Danville can draw from at least 5, 6 counties , maybe more. Harrodsburg cant due to being located between Frankfort and Lexington. And Danville beat us to the punch with the alcohol issue, so there is now no way harrodsburg can support competing resturaunts, due to being so close and with economy the way it is. But instead of complaining about the lack of opportunities here how about being thankful that we are so close to Danville, Frankfort, and Lexington, and the many fine things they offer. I personally think we have quite a few dining options here, better than a lot of small towns, and if I want something different I get in my vehicle and drive to danville or Lexington.
Makes perfect sense to me to compare Mercer and Jessamine...Jessamine was a town that had nothing 15 years ago and has grown in sizes.yes maybe due to it being so close to lexington, but who cares it grew..Who do u want her to compare it to Danville, Ok look at Danville it has grown and still to this day will continue to grow....Oh and yes i do take my business to danville to eat, and its a damn shame i have to do that...This town should be ashamed of that to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cathy moore estees 15 min Ytw 32
la isla 1 hr TBS 9
tiffany lyens in jail 1 hr tell us please 12
Scott Wright 7 hr astro 29
Apple market 8 hr cowboy roy 10
Dead Beat Mothers 9 hr smh 2
need help please 11 hr Tea 4
More from around the web

Willisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]