Former Fan

United States

#21 Mar 2, 2013
Huh wrote:
The menu, nor the prices have changed since they have opened or at least not in the past few years.
Same menu, same prices.
Our total is always different but it is dependent no what we have ordered since we dont order the same exact thing everytime.
Not true at all!!! We ordered EXACTLY the same things we usually ordered. I could tell you what but it's none of your business. And what used to cost around $27 for 3 of us left us with a bill for over $35! And that was with no drinks, nothing on the side, just the 3 same main dishes that we'd ordered many times in the past.
So either the prices have raised or they just decided to screw us over & charge us more for the hell of it.
Pete

Lawrenceburg, KY

#22 Mar 2, 2013
Former Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true at all!!! We ordered EXACTLY the same things we usually ordered. I could tell you what but it's none of your business. And what used to cost around $27 for 3 of us left us with a bill for over $35! And that was with no drinks, nothing on the side, just the 3 same main dishes that we'd ordered many times in the past.
So either the prices have raised or they just decided to screw us over & charge us more for the hell of it.
Former Fan, why did you not question the amount when you went to pay?
When it comes to my money I watch it very closely.
In a situation such as yours where the bill was noticeably higher then I would have asked Why? The fault lies in your hands now for not questioning it and just going on and paying it.
You were happy with the food and service, so go back 1 more time and see how it goes. Order the same again and if its high again, ask why and be prepared to tell them what you previously paid.
Fan

United States

#23 Mar 6, 2013
They have the softest toilet paper of any food joint.I like overeating at places go to the restroom and testing the toilet paper.I used to work in a toilet paper factory til I got fired for squeezing the Charmin.
Clevis

Scottown, OH

#24 Mar 8, 2013
Last time I went to La Isla, I was seated, given a menu, and then no service. Didn't take my order, I waited around and other people that came in after me ordered, and then got their food, and my server STILL didn't take my order.

The odd thing is, I have been there many times before with no issues. But I absolutely will not go back.
Tillie

Lawrenceburg, KY

#25 Mar 8, 2013
Im sorry, but that makes no sense. Why would anyone just sit and not even try to stop a waiter?
You said you had been there many times before with no issues, why now would you want to bash them over one incident.
If I like a place enough to go many times, then I would think 1 screw up would be forgiveable.
And believe me, I am a harsh critic of customer service, but even I give at least 1 more chance.
Fan

United States

#26 Mar 9, 2013
I wont go back!They switched to a rougher toilet paper.
Johnny

Lawrenceburg, KY

#27 Mar 9, 2013
Fan wrote:
I wont go back!They switched to a rougher toilet paper.
Great, dont go back, more tp for me.
Clevis

Scottown, OH

#28 Mar 11, 2013
Tillie, I attempted numerous times to stop the waiter. I could not get the time of day from him.

Their loss, I always tip well over 15%, am polite to the servers, but that really aggravated me. I noticed when I left and paid the polite lady at the register for the tea that I actually got early on that some of the kitchen crew were staring at me. Honestly, I probably shouldn't have even paid for my tea, but they did at least bring that so I paid for it. The lady at the register was polite and apologetic, and I did appreciate that.

I honestly don't know what to make of this episode, I just know I won't be back.
Yum

United States

#29 Mar 11, 2013
The chicken fingers are really good!
Former Fan

United States

#30 Mar 12, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Former Fan, why did you not question the amount when you went to pay?
When it comes to my money I watch it very closely.
In a situation such as yours where the bill was noticeably higher then I would have asked Why? The fault lies in your hands now for not questioning it and just going on and paying it.
You were happy with the food and service, so go back 1 more time and see how it goes. Order the same again and if its high again, ask why and be prepared to tell them what you previously paid.
For your information, my wife was the one who paid. I didn't see the bill until I went to balance our credit card statement & was shocked spitless at the amount.

And yes, so what if I was happy with the service & food THIS TIME? After so many bad experiences over the past 5 or 6 months and now getting ripped off on the bill, why the hell would I want to go back?!?!?!

La Isla was a wonderful restaurant. I'm not sure what has changed but they've burned their bridges with me!
Laura

United States

#31 Apr 23, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a new place going in. The owner of La Fiesta Grande / Patron Grill is moving to where El Maguey was. Same people, different location.
You are so wrong the people at patron have nothing to do here I guess your the one trying to burn their business
Laura

United States

#32 Apr 23, 2013
local wrote:
You have to love it, every time La Fiesta Grande gets ready to open "again" they get on topix and start bashing La Isla. What is this the 4th time, it ain't going to work guys ;-)
And why would they wanna bash la isla really if people like a location they like it their is no need for these kind of comments if la isla is so good we'll they have nothing to worry about anyway topix is just drama
Why The Drama

Lexington, KY

#33 May 6, 2013
Damn! First time I have been on Topix in over a year and I can see that the population here hasn't changed one iota. When are y'all ever going to grow the f@#k up and get a life, a job and some self respect? This community was put here for useful local information, not a bunch of slanderous discussions and personal opinions. Nothing but a bunch of idiots hang around here. I'm gone y'all .... back to my life, my job and what's left of my self respect, after reading this drivel for ten minutes I am not sure I have much left.
gitsNshiggles

Lawrenceburg, KY

#34 May 6, 2013
The food is good, but damn, the service is starting to blow more than a hooker looking to make a quick buck.
Before I close on this statement I would like to state:
I have a life
I have a job (I make it rain)
I have grown up. I'ma man, damnit
I got a smokin hot wife
I got respect
My statement was more of a review. Sort of like Yelp, only on steroids.
Tash

Lawrenceburg, KY

#35 May 6, 2013
gitsNshiggles wrote:
The food is good, but damn, the service is starting to blow more than a hooker looking to make a quick buck.
Before I close on this statement I would like to state:
I have a life
I have a job (I make it rain)
I have grown up. I'ma man, damnit
I got a smokin hot wife
I got respect
My statement was more of a review. Sort of like Yelp, only on steroids.
At times service has been a little slower, more 1 waiter then the rest, but man that place stays packed, especially in the evenings.
I was there this past weekend and 1 point there was a line literally outside of the building waiting for tables.
That right there has to say the place is good(not meant towards you, but towards the smart butts who are gonna come back and make some snid comment).
Also been wanting to say Congrats to La Isla on the new expansion. They must be doing something right!
Lady

United States

#36 May 14, 2013
Really wrote:
Experienced the place for the first and most likely last time today. Saw it was voted the Best Mexican Restaurant, people really need to get out and experience life more. It's well worth the drive to Frankfort (Casa Fiesta), Versailles (Tapatio) or Danville (Guadalajara) to have a much better dining experience. The food at La Isla was bland at best, the rice and beans were both 'old' tasting, quality restaurants make fresh each and every day, not a huge expense. Server disappeared for quite awhile, his coworker came and got drink refills. I guess considering the competition in town the BEST isn't saying much. See there is a new place going over by Tractor Supply, hope its a better option or I'll make the drive to one of the other surrounding places.

Casa fiesta was terrible
MaryEllen

Lawrenceburg, KY

#37 May 14, 2013
Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Casa fiesta was terrible
Lady, I told you on the Escobar thread to quit while you are ahead.
You are destroying your creditibility by jumping from mexican to mexican and complimenting and degrading others.
There had been no post on this thread in a couple of weeks and the last few comments were not even about Casa Fiesta, so just go give your kids a bath, brush your dog, go do something because you are making a fool out of yourself.
Thatguy

Lawrenceburg, KY

#38 May 15, 2013
My neighbor went into La Isla and left his iPad. He came back the next day for it, but they said they hadn't seen it. But one of his friends saw a waitress take it.
chimichanga

Lawrenceburg, KY

#39 May 15, 2013
Thatguy wrote:
My neighbor went into La Isla and left his iPad. He came back the next day for it, but they said they hadn't seen it. But one of his friends saw a waitress take it.
Tell your friend to keep up with his things better. HIS LOSS is Guadalupes gain hahahaha
MaryEllen

Lawrenceburg, KY

#40 May 15, 2013
Thatguy wrote:
They dont even have waitresses there dude.
Its all men that wait tables.
They have hostesses which are women.
So get your lies straight before you start spreading them.
Plus if you are going to eat, you dont need to go show off all your toys. Grow up, well your friend needs to grow up since it was him that was bringing his stuff out.
He probably wanted to brag and show it off, that there is what they call karma dude.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When Trump Loses, What Excuse Will You Use? 2 hr J Conway 13
Alcohol sales are finally here 10 hr Newton 4
Motorcycle service 11 hr motorcycle info 1
County judge and Careys towing 12 hr Clueless 2
tanya lee young? 15 hr second shift 25
toyotomi wh**es 15 hr just saying 22
Anyone know of any hot latina women around?? 15 hr Say no to mexicans 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Willisburg Mortgages