First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Really

Frankfort, KY

#1 Feb 4, 2013
Experienced the place for the first and most likely last time today. Saw it was voted the Best Mexican Restaurant, people really need to get out and experience life more. It's well worth the drive to Frankfort (Casa Fiesta), Versailles (Tapatio) or Danville (Guadalajara) to have a much better dining experience. The food at La Isla was bland at best, the rice and beans were both 'old' tasting, quality restaurants make fresh each and every day, not a huge expense. Server disappeared for quite awhile, his coworker came and got drink refills. I guess considering the competition in town the BEST isn't saying much. See there is a new place going over by Tractor Supply, hope its a better option or I'll make the drive to one of the other surrounding places.
Choices

Lawrenceburg, KY

#2 Feb 4, 2013
Really wrote:
Experienced the place for the first and most likely last time today. Saw it was voted the Best Mexican Restaurant, people really need to get out and experience life more. It's well worth the drive to Frankfort (Casa Fiesta), Versailles (Tapatio) or Danville (Guadalajara) to have a much better dining experience. The food at La Isla was bland at best, the rice and beans were both 'old' tasting, quality restaurants make fresh each and every day, not a huge expense. Server disappeared for quite awhile, his coworker came and got drink refills. I guess considering the competition in town the BEST isn't saying much. See there is a new place going over by Tractor Supply, hope its a better option or I'll make the drive to one of the other surrounding places.
We all like different things. I also enjoy Casa Fiesta and some other places, but I also enjoy LaIsla.
You may be someone just trying to drum up business for the new place coming in though, we shall see.
Anon

Frankfort, KY

#3 Feb 4, 2013
Choices wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be someone just trying to drum up business for the new place coming in though, we shall see.
Maybe, maybe not. I've said practically the same as him but I didn't mention any restaurants I think are up to par for fear of what you just accused him of.

IMHO, Casa Fiesta is the best authentic Mexican food joint around. When in Versailles I prefer El Tapatio. When in Lawrenceburg, well, I have to settle for Taco Bell because none of the authentic Mexican food joints in Lawrenceburg are worth wasting my money on.

So, whatever.... you La Isla fans can keep it. You'll eventually be touched by The Force.
Big Daddy

Lawrenceburg, KY

#4 Feb 4, 2013
i love me some mexicans... yummy
anon

Taylorsville, KY

#5 Feb 4, 2013
Why don't you back off, seriously? The workers there work so hard. Go there any night of the week around 6:30, and you MIGHT get a seat. They are always packed. Either everyone in Lawrenceburg has bad taste, or jerks like you just like post negative comments just to start drama. No one will stop eating there because of your post.
jack doff

Lawrenceburg, KY

#6 Feb 5, 2013
Really wrote:
U must be new in town.
Observer

Lawrenceburg, KY

#7 Feb 5, 2013
Really wrote:
It's not a new place going in. The owner of La Fiesta Grande / Patron Grill is moving to where El Maguey was. Same people, different location.
DUH

Lawrenceburg, KY

#8 Feb 5, 2013
Great, I really liked Lafiesta Grande. Glad they are back!
JRB

Lawrenceburg, KY

#9 Feb 5, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a new place going in. The owner of La Fiesta Grande / Patron Grill is moving to where El Maguey was. Same people, different location.
What is LaFiesta coming back as now?
Chinese? Soul food? Arabian?
Why go and then they up and change or leave again?
Why change from Mexican to Cuban then shut down completely after a complete remodel to start all over a mile away?
If people cant see through this then this town is in worse shape then we think.
CasaFiestaFan

Frankfort, KY

#10 Feb 7, 2013
I've tried La Isla a couple of different times, neither was worth the trip. When you have to search for 'chicken' in a chicken chimichanga there is a problem...one time I tried their shredded chicken, all onions, black pepper and tomatoes...the second time ordered fajita chicken and there were maybe 3 small pieces among the onions. The topped in cheese dip was non-existent. I'll make the drive to Casa, consistent food quality and generally good service.
myo 111

Lawrenceburg, KY

#11 Feb 7, 2013
CasaFiestaFan wrote:
I've tried La Isla a couple of different times, neither was worth the trip. When you have to search for 'chicken' in a chicken chimichanga there is a problem...one time I tried their shredded chicken, all onions, black pepper and tomatoes...the second time ordered fajita chicken and there were maybe 3 small pieces among the onions. The topped in cheese dip was non-existent. I'll make the drive to Casa, consistent food quality and generally good service.
hahahahahha casa fiesta sucks
ditto

Lawrenceburg, KY

#12 Feb 15, 2013
I will agree Casa Fiesta has gone the way of the dogs. If you think that crap is good, I have some cow patties in my field for you. They are just rank and there is a reason their employees come to eat at La Isla. The food is great, the staff is friendly, and will get to know you and take care of you the best around. I have been to the other ones you mentioned and they are ok (except CF) but I prefer somewhere that doesn't charge you for the hot salsa and nickel and dime you to death.
whocares

Lawrenceburg, KY

#13 Feb 15, 2013
I say, eat where you like! I personally don't care for casa, so I don't eat there. I like la isla so I eat there. Neither restaurant has to be bashed. Don't like it? Don't eat it. Problem solved :)
Anon

Frankfort, KY

#14 Feb 18, 2013
ditto wrote:
I will agree Casa Fiesta has gone the way of the dogs. If you think that crap is good, I have some cow patties in my field for you. They are just rank and there is a reason their employees come to eat at La Isla. The food is great, the staff is friendly, and will get to know you and take care of you the best around. I have been to the other ones you mentioned and they are ok (except CF) but I prefer somewhere that doesn't charge you for the hot salsa and nickel and dime you to death.
Casa employees eat at La Isla? Right... Maybe if they happened to BE in Lawrenceburg and couldn't wait 10-15 mins to get back to Frankfort. To insinuate they go there because they hate Casa's food make you a F*cking liar and an obvious La Isla employee (or put up to this post by one of them) or just a Casa hater. Why don't you grow up?
ManyChoices

La Grange, KY

#15 Feb 18, 2013
Don't have money to be able to go out to eat so haven't been to any of these places in some time, but there are so many to choose from nowadays and they all have their own style people have may places to choose from...everyone has their own choice.
local

Lawrenceburg, KY

#16 Mar 1, 2013
You have to love it, every time La Fiesta Grande gets ready to open "again" they get on topix and start bashing La Isla. What is this the 4th time, it ain't going to work guys ;-)
Former Fan

United States

#17 Mar 1, 2013
Still not associated with La Fiesta Grande/Patron Grill or whatever the heck the name of the new place is but...

I let the family talk me into trying La Isla again a few nights ago after I forget how many crappy experiences there. Actually they had to talk two of us into it. Another family member had had bad experience the past several times as well. But they did so off we went...

Gotta say the food and service were both better than the past umpteen visits. I actually got what I ordered this time at the same time as the rest of my family. Meals were delivered relatively quickly & nice and hot (unlike the other time when we were still sitting & waiting in an almost-empty restaurant for over an hour). The quantity was good. I was afraid to order a taco salad again after the 2/3 empty bowl I got before but another family member did and his bowl was nice & full. The server was friendly & quick with refills. Overall it was an enjoyable dinner.

Until the bill came.

HOLY COW!!! They've seriously raised their prices!!!! It was at least 10 dollars more than what we'd always paid previously for the exact same meals. What used to be an economical option for a family of 4 is now an extravagance that we simply can't afford. The whole family agreed. So although the food & service was greatly improved, we won't be back any time soon...

And before the bashing begins, I repeat: I am NOT affiliated in any way with that other place. From what friends have told me, you couldn't PAY me to eat any of their establishments - no matter what they claim to be serving! I'd rather go to McDonald's!
Huh

Lawrenceburg, KY

#18 Mar 1, 2013
The menu, nor the prices have changed since they have opened or at least not in the past few years.
Same menu, same prices.
Our total is always different but it is dependent no what we have ordered since we dont order the same exact thing everytime.
They are still cheaper then alot of places.
Example, I just picked up lunch from a local place and for 2 adults it was $14. We can eat at LaIsla for about $17-20 and get way more food(and free chips and salsa). Our lunch today did not even include drinks, drank what we had at home.
For all the bashers out there, drive by and see that the expansion has started. They are smart, they dont just build on for the heck of it, they build on for the need of it.
Lesbian

United States

#19 Mar 1, 2013
I love la isla!
GoMommy

United States

#20 Mar 1, 2013
We could all enjoy mexican food a little better if we get that child molester Ricky Beasley off the streets.Anybody know where he is?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pray for Cecil the Lion 7 min edwalker 11
Tax hike 2 hr too tired for the... 1
Anyone know Fred Kirchoff and Samantha Wolverton (Jul '09) 3 hr QueenBee 78
Julie Johnson 5 hr Cara 5
gay is not cool (Aug '09) 8 hr vroomvroom 228
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lawrenceburg, KY (Jul '10) 8 hr vroomvroom 168
Red head Ashley Smith hot or not? 8 hr anonymity 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Willisburg Mortgages