Harrodsburg Walmart
lakeview

United States

#21 Mar 13, 2013
tongkat wrote:
you really have to work there to understand what is wrong. You wanna help change wally for the better?
call 1800walmart and tell them that store 519 in harrodsburg ky needs more help.
home office is keeping their hands tied.
I'd say they don't make much there . The bottom line is with management but working with the pubic is hard as heck . I remember & it was not pleasant. I don't know what will ever come of Harrodsburg .
From Afar

Macon, GA

#22 Mar 13, 2013
Tongkat is right on the nose. You remember how WM used to hire summer help, also temp help during holidays, etc, well NOT the last couple of years. They continually cut hours on the PT employees and add more work as other workers are absent, sick, vacation, etc. NO one can cover 2, 3, or more areas and do any kind of job. All it takes is one or two customers to ask for help, and an associate can be tied up for 30 minutes. WM in Ark. sends the merchandise, H'Burg does not order it. They constantly send things that might sell somewhere else, but not here. WM Corp does not care. Call 1-800-walmart and complain, complain, complain.
lakeview

United States

#23 Mar 13, 2013
From Afar wrote:
Tongkat is right on the nose. You remember how WM used to hire summer help, also temp help during holidays, etc, well NOT the last couple of years. They continually cut hours on the PT employees and add more work as other workers are absent, sick, vacation, etc. NO one can cover 2, 3, or more areas and do any kind of job. All it takes is one or two customers to ask for help, and an associate can be tied up for 30 minutes. WM in Ark. sends the merchandise, H'Burg does not order it. They constantly send things that might sell somewhere else, but not here. WM Corp does not care. Call 1-800-walmart and complain, complain, complain.
Thanks for the insight . You brought up interesting facts .
carter

Harrodsburg, KY

#24 Mar 14, 2013
doesnt matter what they get paid. they need to learn people skills before they are hired. rudeness is not the jobs fault.
tongkat

Lebanon, KY

#25 Mar 14, 2013
carter wrote:
doesnt matter what they get paid. they need to learn people skills before they are hired. rudeness is not the jobs fault.
It's funny how they all treat me nice, and I'm in there all the time.
And sorry, I don't think you need to go to college to be a walmart associate.

The associates take the flak when most of it isn't their fault.
Usually 1 person has 5 departments. Not an easy job....
NOTME

Lebanon, KY

#26 Mar 14, 2013
thewayiseeit wrote:
And every damn one of you would cry like babies if the Wal-Mart shut their doors and moved out of H-burg.
I only go into walmart around twice a year. school supply shopping, and during christmas for the Black Friday sales....wont bother me if they shut the doors....
Lucy

Lebanon, KY

#27 Mar 14, 2013
I remember my daughter worked there and they were told to wear navy or blue shirts and khaki pants, well one day she wore a blue shirt with her name on it and they told her she can't wear that anymore, but just on the next register was a "pretty boy" with a tee shirt that said volunteer fire fighter across the back. Guess the management must have been sleeping with him because when she ask about him they told her he was fine. Harrodsburg Wal-Mart has rude cashiers,rude and nonexistent management . I remember we were buying a wireless printer one day and had to return it for some reason, They called electronics girl up to the service desk. The blonde with the bad hand, she argued me up and down that this printer was not wireless because it had a power cord. I said lady they have to be plugged in to electricity they do not run on batteries, so stupid.
Geez

United States

#28 Mar 15, 2013
yeah , I tried returning something recently and I think it cost only a little over 15.dollars , it stopped working , took it back ( had receipt ) & some short haired girl with chubby face looked at me like I was lying ! The damn thing stopped working .! I almost exploded . I called management & said to come back .the main thing was the ATTITUDE !.
Sam

Waynesburg, KY

#29 Mar 15, 2013
I know they an allegded rapist and a the same person has been been arrested for cruelty to animals on day shift
lakeview

United States

#30 Mar 16, 2013
Sam wrote:
I know they an allegded rapist and a the same person has been been arrested for cruelty to animals on day shift
needs to be reported ASAP . I hate ppl that mistreat animals . They cannot speak and tell anyone ! That's really the devils work.
Responsible Adult

Tucker, GA

#31 Mar 16, 2013
I have never heard so much complaining in my entire life. I have never had a problem with this store. How much help and service do you need? I go in and get the same things about ever week I know where the items I need are at. And if it is something I have never got I can generally determine what area it's in and I ask for help. Never had a problem not one time. I'd say that the people complaining on here would complain about anything. You just can't please some people.
tongkat

Harrodsburg, KY

#32 Mar 16, 2013
Responsible Adult wrote:
I have never heard so much complaining in my entire life. I have never had a problem with this store. How much help and service do you need? I go in and get the same things about ever week I know where the items I need are at. And if it is something I have never got I can generally determine what area it's in and I ask for help. Never had a problem not one time. I'd say that the people complaining on here would complain about anything. You just can't please some people.
right on, some people live to bitch
shopper

Zoe, KY

#33 Mar 26, 2013
there are people at Wal-Mart who are friendly and nice at all times and there are those who are not so friendly or nice anytime,I was told it takes all kinds to make the world go around......lol.
Shopgirl

Tucker, GA

#34 Apr 23, 2013
shopper wrote:
there are people at Wal-Mart who are friendly and nice at all times and there are those who are not so friendly or nice anytime,I was told it takes all kinds to make the world go around......lol.
people need to just grow up and stop complaining you should be in there shoes for one day here all of the customers all day long yes we no that we have no help we can't change it u can thou call 1800 Walmart say that 519 needs help
Petty

Mount Sterling, KY

#35 Apr 23, 2013
Sherry wrote:
I stopped shopping there years ago...Long story, but daughter(6 years old) and I was looking at shampoo and yes i opened up a bottle to smell it, and must have forgotten to shut the top back, and it leaked out everywhere...next thing i knew a employee, cant remember first name but last name was pardee,came running at me with a roll of paper towels and told me to clean it up...yes i was pissed and angry with the way she treated me and the way she acted in front of my daughter, but being the nice person i was got down on hands and knees and cleaned it up. then went up front and talked to a manager and she said how sorry she was she acted this way...Havent stepped foot in that store since then...go to save-a-lot or the dollar store...and at christmass or to lexington
So basically what you're saying is, you made a mess and someone gave you the means to clean it. That's why they're rude and you wont shop there? What do you do if you spill shampoo when you're not at Walmart? Leave it and hope someone comes to clean it?

I agree Walmart has it's shortcomings but the reality is: it's inexpensive and a one stop shop. Harrodsburg does not generate the type of revenue to require several similar businesses. If we had Target and Meijer, one or multiple would surely go out of business and I'll tell you what- it won't be Walmart because they have the better prices.
Customer

Lexington, KY

#36 Apr 23, 2013
The only hard worker they have there is that cart pusher boy, I think his name is Danton or something like that.
Customer

Lexington, KY

#37 Apr 23, 2013
Sherry wrote:
I stopped shopping there years ago...Long story, but daughter(6 years old) and I was looking at shampoo and yes i opened up a bottle to smell it, and must have forgotten to shut the top back, and it leaked out everywhere...next thing i knew a employee, cant remember first name but last name was pardee,came running at me with a roll of paper towels and told me to clean it up...yes i was pissed and angry with the way she treated me and the way she acted in front of my daughter, but being the nice person i was got down on hands and knees and cleaned it up. then went up front and talked to a manager and she said how sorry she was she acted this way...Havent stepped foot in that store since then...go to save-a-lot or the dollar store...and at christmass or to lexington
So you made a mess and wasted their product and were upset with them because you had to do the responsible thing an adult should do?
Shopgirl

Cynthiana, KY

#38 Apr 23, 2013
lakeview wrote:
<quoted text> Not Me . Hell , I can be in Lexington pretty quik. I only go in there just to get a very few items. I would Not miss it..
if Walmart closes for Christmas people wine and cry I have worked there its not fun they work every holiday but one they work every weekend they stand on their feet all day hear people wine that's what's it's like my friend says its a prison
billy bad ass

Versailles, KY

#39 Apr 23, 2013
I know Cassandra Wilson works there and I would eat her shit. Yea my name is billy bad ass but with her I'd b billy eat ass lol.
tmi

Sacramento, CA

#40 Apr 24, 2013
Do we really need to know that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seamster sisters 1 hr Real 5
Congressman Shot 1 hr Move on 41
Johnny Depp 1 hr Move on 4
The russia story 1 hr Move on 10
Team Trump 1 hr Move on 24
Marie Ashburn brown 2 hr Lmao 3
bernie's wife 2 hr Lauri 5

Willisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance