Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
76,881 - 76,900 of 81,594 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Anne wrote:
There's an elderly uncle in the family that married 5 years ago. He married a sweet young thing of 72. At his birthday party a few years ago he danced with his wife. It was his 103 birthday. He's 105 now and uses a walker. She's using a moterized wheelchair. Just never know..!
Oh, but I DO know !!. I said that 10 years ago and sticking to it. My friend is my best friend mainly because she feels the same way. We enjoy our time together, and enjoy doing our own thing when we are not. I am too old to be retrained and so is she. LOL
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, but I DO know !!. I said that 10 years ago and sticking to it. My friend is my best friend mainly because she feels the same way. We enjoy our time together, and enjoy doing our own thing when we are not. I am too old to be retrained and so is she. LOL
Yes. I hear your words. My aunt said the same thing when her last husband passed about 14 years ago. And she has stuck to it. However a year or so ago a gentleman walked into her life and all at once she was 16 ( with 60 years experience) again!!! Her face--and his-- would absolutely glow when the other walked into the room. She shyly confided in me that even though she'd been married 3 times (she buried the last two) she had never felt like this before! They were the most watched couple in their church and enjoyed every minute of it!! Lol
Alas, she lost her precious friend to cancer within the year but she holds the most wonderful and treasured memories in her heart!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I hear your words. My aunt said the same thing when her last husband passed about 14 years ago. And she has stuck to it. However a year or so ago a gentleman walked into her life and all at once she was 16 ( with 60 years experience) again!!! Her face--and his-- would absolutely glow when the other walked into the room. She shyly confided in me that even though she'd been married 3 times (she buried the last two) she had never felt like this before! They were the most watched couple in their church and enjoyed every minute of it!! Lol
Alas, she lost her precious friend to cancer within the year but she holds the most wonderful and treasured memories in her heart!
That is absolutely fine for some people and works well for them but we don't need someone under foot 24/7. We can get together and enjoy each other's company about twice a week and still have our free space. I have been hanging out with this lady for nearly 10 years since I lost the wife and aint nothing changed and unlikely that it will and we can "glow" just knowing there is someone out there that cares about you and your welfare, and that is good enough. And getting married would probably just spoil what we do have. But I will say that as long as that lady and I are both living there won't be anyone else. There have been an awful lot of matchmakers in the past 10 years that are not very successful with their matching. LOL Now for a new subject. LOL
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Yep. That's her sentiments exactly! No mas.

This should be a fantastic day!! I want to put the house in order and also move a huge mound of mulch. I'm not too good at filling the bucket on the tractor :-( but my dozer man tells me I'll eventually get the hang of it. There is no sunlight coming through the windows so maybe it'll rain and I can work on indoor projects. I have exactly seven days to get ready for overnight company. At least the guest room is ready. Maybe I'll just close my bedroom door and hope no one dare open it! Lol.
The fun part will be selecting menus for Friday night through Sunday morning. Belgium waffles with yummy blueberries/pecans and choices of syrups and cool whip/icecream or the scrambled egg with cheese/hickory smoked bacon/ buttered toast. Obviously I'm not going for the "good for you" , just GOOD. Lol
Have a Super Saturday and enjoy the day that the Lord hath made!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Anne wrote:
This should be a fantastic day!! I want to put the house in order and also move a huge mound of mulch. I'm not too good at filling the bucket on the tractor :-( but my dozer man tells me I'll eventually get the hang of it. There is no sunlight coming through the windows so maybe it'll rain and I can work on indoor projects. I have exactly seven days to get ready for overnight company. At least the guest room is ready. Maybe I'll just close my bedroom door and hope no one dare open it! Lol.
The fun part will be selecting menus for Friday night through Sunday morning. Belgium waffles with yummy blueberries/pecans and choices of syrups and cool whip/icecream or the scrambled egg with cheese/hickory smoked bacon/ buttered toast. Obviously I'm not going for the "good for you" , just GOOD. Lol
Lol. With meals like those, you'll be lucky your guests don't linger. A nice salad with shredded chicken and toasted almonds sounds nice with sliced apples on the side. Your Begium waffles has my mouth watering. That man of yours is sure missing a good thing when he's gone. Lol. They say the way to a man's heart is through is stomach. I know many will diasgree with that adage. Me, I believe it.
what now

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Speaking of birds, there has been only one hummingbird been coming to the feeder this last month. If me or the dog happen to be near the feeder, he flutters in front of us a bit, then goes on to the feeder. I am wondering if he has chased the others away and claimed it.? He looks just like a mallard. I will give him a name. Assuming its a 'he'. Easier to say, I guess. Funny how everything is a 'he' or 'she' around here. The tree is an 'it' though,I do not know why. Maybe I will name him after an itty bitty nephew, so he can be proud. "The day the Lord hath made... Thank you for that!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Wow! It's really quiet in here! Hope that means everyone has has a great day!
@misty: that salad with shredded chicken sounds really good!! Toss in some mandarin oranges... I may try that out on some company soon. Here in a few weeks I plan on "visiting" my better half and I certainly plan to pack that waffle maker! Ok. Gotta stop this food talk. I'm getting hungry. Lol
@what now. You're welcome! It was a great day!
Heeheehee. Naming trees and things. Lol. We named our pond and little park area with the grand kids nicknames . Also the trails in the woods are starting to have names-/ it helps to keep the different areas straight!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

I am up to see "Ralph" and talk about a "Buick". I guess I would have been better off to talk about the food instead of gobbling it all down. LOL Chili Dogs in August is just not the thing. Good thing I have antacids. Sunday morning breakfast.. Tums and coffee
what now

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Good morning! Well, it was all over soon as the dog smelled the bacon here. Even the tiniest kittys came out this morning, they got the milk. Horse had to check the coffee cup. Maybe I start over..
Chris

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

I believe that birds are real.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I am up to see "Ralph" and talk about a "Buick". I guess I would have been better off to talk about the food instead of gobbling it all down. LOL Chili Dogs in August is just not the thing. Good thing I have antacids. Sunday morning breakfast.. Tums and coffee
It's sad --- when I was in college I could grab a slice of cold pizza and tacos at 2 am didn't matter. Now I contemplate both what and when I eat. I love the fruit flavored tums its an aging persons hors d'oeuvres.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Anne wrote:
May I come to visit for breakfast? LOL Sounds absolutely delicious, since I am on a yogurt and granola diet. Yuck.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Good afternoon, folks. Went riding yesterday, and my old bones feel it today. I just put my horse out in the paddock today, and she looked at me as if to say, "Are we going on our jaunt again today?" No way!! I ended up digging out a ditch instead. That should be good for the old back.
Speaking of birds, I was sitting out on my deck yesterday, and a mockingbird perched on the rail, not 6 inches from my shoulder. He gave out a loud squalk and flew off. I guess that I invaded his territory. We have a few hummingbirds around here. When I first saw them, I thought that they were bumblebees. They are so tiny. Have a good day, folks. Will be back later.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

After the Tums and coffee breakfast, I made the mistake of visiting the local buffet for lunch. I might need to eat again by next Thursday LOL
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
May I come to visit for breakfast? LOL Sounds absolutely delicious, since I am on a yogurt and granola diet. Yuck.
Come on over. Fair notice though: I eat out for breakfast a lot! I find the breakfast special of 2 eggs, 2 bacon and 2 toast for 2.99 sticks to my ribs until around 2pm-- of course I eat breakfast around 9am so you guys that eat before the sun appears would want lunch sooner. Lol
My favorite at home breakfast(besides the waffles) includes 4 or 5 cheeses, several types of fruit- grapes, apples, strawberries, bananas, kiwi, pears etc. 2 or 3 meats including braunsweger(?). Bagels. toast, flavored and regular cream cheeses. Yogert , Juices, milk, coffee. The chopping, dlicing, slicing and peeling takes a good long while. The table is absolutely loaded! Everyone loves this "buffet" but it costs an arm and a leg so I do it about once a year

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
After the Tums and coffee breakfast, I made the mistake of visiting the local buffet for lunch. I might need to eat again by next Thursday LOL
I bought this very delicious watermelon at the farmers market. I've been eating it all day. I think I've reached my limit. I forgot watermelon is a natural diuretic.
Oops
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I am up to see "Ralph" and talk about a "Buick". I guess I would have been better off to talk about the food instead of gobbling it all down. LOL Chili Dogs in August is just not the thing. Good thing I have antacids. Sunday morning breakfast.. Tums and coffee [
Tell Ralph hello ! Lots of guys around here talk about going to see a man about a horse. Lol. Years ago I bought a large initial "p" and nailed it to a tree. Lol

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Wonderful weather. It was another long weekend here. Can't believe school starts here next week!!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell Ralph hello ! Lots of guys around here talk about going to see a man about a horse. Lol. Years ago I bought a large initial "p" and nailed it to a tree. Lol
I said goodbye to Ralphhhhhh this morning when I bowed before the porcelain throne and told him I was leaving in a Buickkkkkk. LOL
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I said goodbye to Ralphhhhhh this morning when I bowed before the porcelain throne and told him I was leaving in a Buickkkkkk. LOL
You're a bonified, certified nut case! Lol. Too funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 32 min yourmommm 1,048
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 44 min brer rabbit 1,059
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Curmudgeon 151,027
Ann hays 3 hr Cathy 1
Former car dealer who stole from church sentenced (May '10) 3 hr lalala 5
Todd dale Allen 3 hr freind 1
yo 3 hr great guy 1
•••
•••
•••

Willisburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••