Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,660

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#87831 Mar 25, 2013
woke up this morning to a blank t.v. and no internet.....

hubby - not amused
me- whoops

second time since the new year i have forgotten and they have shut it off.....think its time i set up auto pay but ohhhh! the fit he threw!!!

had to walk the other direction so he wouldn't see me rolling my eyes and snickering.... i cant help it...but i can hide it. big baby
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87832 Mar 25, 2013
betty wrote:
woke up this morning to a blank t.v. and no internet.....
hubby - not amused
me- whoops
second time since the new year i have forgotten and they have shut it off.....think its time i set up auto pay but ohhhh! the fit he threw!!!
had to walk the other direction so he wouldn't see me rolling my eyes and snickering.... i cant help it...but i can hide it. big baby
Well, I'm glad that I have found a woman who shares similar experiences. I believe we all do. Mine was joking about coming home with piercings in his eyes, lips, eyebrows, nose and full sleeves. Maybe with something like a mullet. I swear, I think he just tries to tick me off sometimes. But I'm with you, I have my days. I love him and will keep him as long as life endures;) Love and life with our children is where happiness lies;)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87833 Mar 25, 2013
Eyes, hehehe well , corner of the brows.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87834 Mar 25, 2013
Good morning wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry about your loss. We're hitting 42 years this year and I'm doing better not sweating the small stuff as much as I used to. It's a more of a live and let live thing....mostly. Then there are times though when .....well, you know ! Lol I guess the way to handle it is just to see the humor in it as in " wow , that time we got so mad because I wanted to paint the room blue and (she) wanted it green. We didnt speak for 2 days! That was crazy silly!" Lol hmmm. I'm not there yet with our small stuff.... Lol
Congratulations, 42 years. I think the better times outshine the bad especially with the roller coaster ride of life. Sometimes I can figure things out in a mere few hours while partner dwells on it for months and years. I tell him explain yourself and I will eventually understand;) He thought I wanted n expensive wedding, a two week honeymoon and didn't know how it was going to be possible. He only gets 7 days at a time. I said, Honey did I ask for something like that. He said, Nope. I said, Exactly, I'd like a two day getaway in the forest somewhere. Us,alone and nature. He said,Well Heck I've been thinking about this going on years now.How I could afford it, the time off? Well, TMI, I guess. But sure glad for you.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#87835 Mar 25, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Well, I'm glad that I have found a woman who shares similar experiences. I believe we all do. Mine was joking about coming home with piercings in his eyes, lips, eyebrows, nose and full sleeves. Maybe with something like a mullet. I swear, I think he just tries to tick me off sometimes. But I'm with you, I have my days. I love him and will keep him as long as life endures;) Love and life with our children is where happiness lies;)
i have just learned over the years that things go better when he thinks everything is his idea....... of course when things don't go as planned he is quick to say "oh why did you let me do this or that,"and im quick to remind him that he would not want to live with a woman who tells him what to do all the time.... but of course in reality i am the brains of the out fit.... i just dont tell him that :) then everything would be my fault see..... and we cant have that...lol

its a dance....

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#87836 Mar 25, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> It's kind of like having a name only marriage with no pleasure it. No warm backside or anything. It will be nice seeing all the gardens and flowers in blooms. My seedlings sprouted unfortunately I had to replant today due to mold. I have faith they'll survive. Forget- me- nots and basil;) Just a trying to get started:)
I'm just sick of snow and wind and such. I need the 70's right now.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87837 Mar 25, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>I'm just sick of snow and wind and such. I need the 70's right now.
That sure would be nice;) I agree, with you. Seems like I can't shake the back pain. It gets worse with the chilly rain. I never get sick in the summer months. It'll get here sooner than later. Few more weeks, fingers crossed;)Don't work too hard not to enjoy though. Good evening to ya.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#87839 Mar 25, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Crap!! It snowed all day! I need my Spring.
Worry not, spring will be here. It comes around about the same time every year. I promise that I will not complain about allergies when spring finally arrives...and in the summer, I won't get upset about the heat and humidity. In the fall, I may become sorrowful because I know that winter follows. I am definitely a warm weather person. I don't know how I ever survived those cold, northern winters.
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

#87840 Mar 25, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with this. After 41 years, my partner died and it was only then that I realized that all that small stuff that we each sweated over for all those years did not amount to a hill of beans It would be good to have some small stuff to fret about again. Song for the Day...
Vern Gosden... Written in Stone.
So I brought some pretty flowers
Hoping you would understand
;that sometimes a man, is such a fool; those golden words of wisdom,from the heart of that old man, showed me I ain't noth'n without you; ...Good ole Vern, the voice Gosden ! Love his songs. He realy knew how to make a grown man cry !
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87841 Mar 25, 2013
All that wisdom today from Lala,AW, Good Morning, Betty and you has really made my day;) I salvaged my little sprouts from their moldy peat pots. Too much water, not enough sun. But my Loving care hopefully will help em grow.Love to hear Vern's voice. Just like my Daddy, a caring& hardworking man.
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

#87842 Mar 25, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Where there's fire often smoke...Hehe. You said nothing bad only the truth. I've been feeling kinda mad lately. Haven't been able to get glad yet! AB's videos help a little. Still doesn't answer some questions going on in my head. Have a nice day:)
I believe our moods change about as much as the weather does in KY.(which is rapidly)...But usually, if it looks like poop,smells like poop,taste like poop,Well...its most likely poop ! But if we're mad, we will get glad. and if we're glad we will get mad, cause someone WILL see to it ! haha! and its usually the weather man ! dang it, I wish ole man winter would make up his mind, but I guess he knows whats best for us.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#87843 Mar 25, 2013
pork chops, mac and cheese bake, creamed squash and green beans..... and a slice of key lime pie for dessert.

to make up for my extreme error of letting the almighty cable get shut off again of course.... fed and happy

had nothing to do with me just really wanting chops tonight ;) oh no of course not!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87844 Mar 25, 2013
Well I have to help daughter will her math lesson: conversion problems, story questions and division. Teaching divisor, dividend and quotient not only is a mouthful but a difficult task for her little heart ; yet, she's learning. Have to give her credit. She's in the third grade and already learned basic algebra. Love my Baby. Good evening, fine Folks:)
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#87845 Mar 25, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
All that wisdom today from Lala,AW, Good Morning, Betty and you has really made my day;) I salvaged my little sprouts from their moldy peat pots. Too much water, not enough sun. But my Loving care hopefully will help em grow.Love to hear Vern's voice. Just like my Daddy, a caring& hardworking man.
i wonder if you could sub some of the sun with a cfl bulb on them..... i did it with my aloes and still lost my babies, the mamas seem to survive all winter long even if you forget to open the blinds for a week, but the babies die fast without sunlight (and probably me messing with them too much)...

but my Venus fly traps seem to flourish under them.... i just have to keep the varmints away from them... once they open and close their certain number of times they die.... my cats are intrigued with anything that snaps back.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#87846 Mar 25, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> That sure would be nice;) I agree, with you. Seems like I can't shake the back pain. It gets worse with the chilly rain. I never get sick in the summer months. It'll get here sooner than later. Few more weeks, fingers crossed;)Don't work too hard not to enjoy though. Good evening to ya.
I want it NOW.(((wahhh)))

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#87847 Mar 25, 2013
Kidding of course.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#87848 Mar 25, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>I want it NOW.(((wahhh)))
im with you on that.... and to add i will shamelessly whanh all through the winter bout the cold and then curse the allergies and heat till im back to freezing and whining bout winter again

think i should just move to costa rica where the water is warm enough to swim in year round and it stays between 70 and 80 with only a few days of humidity but enough rain garden all the time..... but im a chicken when it comes to earthquakes and they have had some big ones.

my hubby has been every where... i aint really travled... but he says canary islands are nice...... eew... but i bet there's volcanoes.

we are all just little ants at the mercy of this spinning giant rock the sun, and the jet stream.

but still... wanh! i want it now too...lol
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#87849 Mar 25, 2013
wonder where a.b. is tonight?
Good morning

United States

#87850 Mar 25, 2013
betty wrote:
<quoted text>
i have just learned over the years that things go better when he thinks everything is his idea....... of course when things don't go as planned he is quick to say "oh why did you let me do this or that,"and im quick to remind him that he would not want to live with a woman who tells him what to do all the time.... but of course in reality i am the brains of the out fit.... i just dont tell him that :) then everything would be my fault see..... and we cant have that...lol
its a dance....
Heeheehee.... Reminds me of my stay at home mom--after her kids flew the coop--she'd hear my dad pull in the long gravel driveway, get up from laying on the couch, put the dinner plates and silverware on the table and be peeling potatoes by the time dad got in the door. "Supper will be ready in just a few minutes!" He had NO idea she had spent the last hour on the couch!! Haha! She never let him catch her on the couch!( uh, in all fairness to her, she did have health problems!)

Now about this weather.: everybody complains about the weather but nobody can do a thing about it. Sigh. Loved Hawaii! Perfect weather! But there's that volcano thing going on and the tsunami problem awhile back. Ohio River Valley: love the late spring, summer and early autumn! Hate my allergies! Despise the cold and tornados! Hate the heat bills! Lol!
cold-bird

Mount Sterling, KY

#87851 Mar 25, 2013
im flying south

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min Le Jimbo 155,445
meth bust on fairview 21 min Meth 2
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr Ex-Democrat for M... 7,191
who are the rats in harrodsburg (Apr '09) 2 hr yeahok 42
John Rayburn (Jan '09) 3 hr PETAphile 14
Jessica Cordray in open relationship? 4 hr sexy 12
Steve Releford, jr 5 hr Northern Lite 25

Willisburg Jobs

Willisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Willisburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Willisburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]