Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
72,941 - 72,960 of 81,565 Comments Last updated 13 hrs ago
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Well, everyone is snoozing like I will be soon. I have to leave a couple more that are my all time favorites for today's videos. You will love them:

For the BIRDS:

Feb. 26, 2013: Male red Northern cardinal fighting with female red Northern cardinal in Kempner, Texas.(© Howard Cheek/Solent News & Photo Agency)

Feb. 25, 2013: A hunter whispers to his tamed golden eagle during an annual hunting competition in Chengelsy Gorge east of Almaty, Kazakhstan, on Feb. 23. Hunting with raptors is an ancient tradition in the Central Asian nation.

Feb. 21, 2013: A security guard is seen creating chicken & goose snow sculptures on the steps of the bank where he works in Hangzhou, China, on Feb. 19. Du Jinqian built a snow goose and 16 chickens with snow from nearby parked cars.

http://photos.msn.com/slideshow/photo/must-se...

Lots of interesting pictures. 101 of them but you can scan through and see the birds at the # above. Beautiful cardinals to start them off...ANGRY BIRDS
too funny.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

For lala, all dog and horse lovers...

Cute Golden Retriever Loves to Listen to Guitar

When his owner plays guitar, this cute Golden Retriever does the cutest thing! He bops his head along to the music and hates it when the music stops. This doggy really loves music

http://www.godvine.com/Dog-Loves-to-Listen-to...

I love that dog. Too cute.

Retired racehorse making mark as an artist

A Gettysburg couple adopted a racehorse when his career ended. Now, Metro is getting attention as a not so starving artist with his own Facebook page and website.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/retire...

This one is awesome. I loved it.

So I hope you enjoyed the videos. Hope to catch you all tomorrow. Have a blessed night.

Goodnight!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

yo dude

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

RAPIDFIRE wrote:
<quoted text> ...... but seriously, if your eye turns a blinding florescent green ; then I'M gett'n out a here !....man
Just for you, RapidFire!! The "florescent green eye".

BUT PLEASE, don't go anywhere because of it!! ROFLMBO!! I can change this one out too if it freaks you out, haha!

I've got plenty of spare 'eyeballs' in my stash!!

<<winkin' and blinkin'>>
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Internet has been down, now see where Topix thinks I am besides out using the dog's tree.
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Morning, hope all is well ... A really early one for me , this motor never stops dont guess..

Too.. My People, who I dont have to travel , to find. Found thru my screen... Blessings..

My people? Who are they?
I went into the church where the congregation
Worshiped my God. Were they my people?
I felt no kinship to them as they knelt there.

My people! Where are they?
I went into the land where I was born,
Where men spoke my language...
I was a stranger there.
"My people," my soul cried. "Who are my people?"

Last night in the rain I met an old man
Who spoke a language I do not speak,
Which marked him as one who does not know my God.
With apologetic smile he offered me
The shelter of his patched umbrella.
I met his eyes... And then I knew…

'Who Are My People,'
by Rosa Zagnoni Marinoni

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

It's been an interesting day. Already! I have a colony of birds camped out. They want more seeds! I have to run to the store...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

I saw a cute church sign yesterday. It read: "Even Moses was once a basket case".

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

'Morning peeps! Hope everyone is well today! I've craving corned beef hash, fresh brown eggs and rye toast for brunch this morning. There will surely be plenty leftover for later.

Looks like it's going to be a dreary and wet day around here. But spring is almost here! My fave season of the year!! We can look forward to that! It's really getting close to garden time now! I'm SO excited!! Specially for some nice vine ripe 'maters!! Anyone planning on what they're going to put out yet?

I've got a lot to do, gotta clean out the fridge, scrub the bathroom, plus do a load or two of laundry and such. It's also garbage day, that's always clean out the fridge time here. It's so hard for me to drag that garbage can down my long drive though, so are there any offers to help?? LOL! Garbage day of the VERY few times that I wish I had someone living close by that I could call for some neighborly assistance, hehe!

I'll check back in later this afternoon to see how everyone is doing!! Topix had some 'glitches' last night and early this morning. Kept getting that '501 internal server" error. I was too hard to post, so I gave up. Hopefully this comment will go through. Last time that happened, there was a Mod in another forum saying they had a server going bad. So far, so good. Maybe they've got it fixed..

(Not sure I like my new florescent 'eyeball' yet either, so that may also change today at some point, hehe. Particularly if it freaks out Rapid Fire too much, LOL).....

_-_Nope_-_

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Hey, AW! Speaking of church signs, here's one I saw a few months back:

"A bad attitude is like a flat tire. You won’t go anywhere until you change it".

How true is THAT statement?
:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Good morning, almost noon, bird threaders.

AW I was just looking at Godvine's church signs like I use to post yesterday. The one you quote is the first one on this list. Enjoy. I love them all.

I like the one about being as good a person as your pets think you are. lol Good one.

Hilarious and Unique Signs Outside of Church
Being a Christian doesn't have to be all serious all the time. Let's take a few minutes to enjoy the lighter, funnier side and check out these creative signs various churches have used.

http://www.godvine.com/Hilarious-and-Unique-S...

So glad I don't have to go anywhere if I don't want to, and I don't. Cold, windy, rain mixed with that white stuff, gloomy gray day. Back to Spring cleaning closets...how do we accumulate so much crap. Most we think we will use again and years later it is still there not being used. These items will go for sure.:)

I hope everyone has a warm, dry, lazy day or constructive one indoors. Nope is right, Spring is almost here. Can't wait to open the windows EVERY day. At least we don't have what everyone else has...blizzards, snow, tornados, etc...

Lucky in Kentucky!!!! I love our Bluegrass State.
birds

Pueblo, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

everywhere!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Morinin' AB! I already got the garbage taken out, WooHoo!! It's not too hard if I take it slowly. One thing checked off of my list of things to do today! YAY!! Unfortunately, I now have an additional half sink full of dishes to wash, hehe! But the chickens are always REALLY happy of fridge cleaning day, LOL!!

I love those Godvine links. They're SO inspiring! As always, thanks for sharing them with us every day!!

While I was dragging the garbage down what feels like a 50 mile driveway, I noticed that my Daffodils are about 6 inches high now! And my dear little Hyacinths didn't get damaged from those frosts we had!! I was certain that they were toast!!

In about two weeks it might be safe for us to pull back the mulch from fall that protected all of our perennials, you think? So far, no snow here today, but that wind? Whew! It will cut right through you. I'm glad you don't have to go anywhere either today. Stay in and enjoy yourself!!

By the way, I love Kentucky too. SO glad I moved here instead of the other places I was thinking of!! Best place to retire, in my opinion!! Who ever said that retirees never move north are pure idiots!! ROFLMBO!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Looks like we lost a stalker in the last hour. Hmmmmm.. They must be up early out in Cali due to the server issues.

Topix was messed up pretty badly last night and earlier this morning. I kept getting a notice that said "501 Internal Server Error" and "unable to connect". The last time that happened was about two months ago now, and one of the Mods said in another thread that they had a server down. Looks like they have it fixed now, although it does appear to be moving people around again, hehe! Apparently it's working well enough for them to oust a troll or two..

You know, when I first came on these threads almost five years ago now, it said I was posting from Canada? I've only visited Canada twice in my whole life, hehe!
(I wonder what it would say now if I clicked "show my location")???
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Morinin' AB! I already got the garbage taken out, WooHoo!! It's not too hard if I take it slowly. One thing checked off of my list of things to do today! YAY!! Unfortunately, I now have an additional half sink full of dishes to wash, hehe! But the chickens are always REALLY happy of fridge cleaning day, LOL!!
I love those Godvine links. They're SO inspiring! As always, thanks for sharing them with us every day!!
While I was dragging the garbage down what feels like a 50 mile driveway, I noticed that my Daffodils are about 6 inches high now! And my dear little Hyacinths didn't get damaged from those frosts we had!! I was certain that they were toast!!
In about two weeks it might be safe for us to pull back the mulch from fall that protected all of our perennials, you think? So far, no snow here today, but that wind? Whew! It will cut right through you. I'm glad you don't have to go anywhere either today. Stay in and enjoy yourself!!
By the way, I love Kentucky too. SO glad I moved here instead of the other places I was thinking of!! Best place to retire, in my opinion!! Who ever said that retirees never move north are pure idiots!! ROFLMBO!!
Hi "Nope", I was out digging more boxes out of the shed to pack stuff for the shelters, etc..wish I had done this earlier. I have about 3 coats to unload some battered woman somewhere in one of these shelters would probably loved to have. It was a quick 2 trips in and out. Despite the nastiness out there...now just wind, chill, and gloomy overcast, the birds were still singing up a storm. I have stop that minute to thank our Creator for the gift to hear such a sound.

I love those Godvines, and that was probably the only real time I wanted to reach into the computer and slap that ole' fart for making fun of them. However, I knew he was viewing them (and secretly getting a happy moment) by the way he knew what they were. lol Sure miss that ole fart. Mostly the interaction between him and AW, they took us back and inspired us of our memories, whether we experienced them, our parents did, or grandparents. They were very interesting. I think he ended up liking this thread more than the rest, not that I know how many he posted. He didn't get those 36,000+ from 2009 staying on the Scottsville forum. lol

Like you I am watching my flowers and rose bushes for signs of new life. I can't wait to smell the earth again, digging and pruning etc...but most of all those beautiful flowers and scents to enjoy outdoors and in your house. Another thing I stop to show gratitude to the Creator. They brighten even the darkest moments. Can't wait.

I love Kentucky with a passion. Of course my Dad and ancester were from the mining towns in Eastern Ky but he was a military man his whole life and being overseas and other states in our great country it was always known we would settle back in the Bluegrass state. He retired at Fort Knox and most of the family live in the general area, even those who did their military time. Even when I flew the coop and moved a couple different times, I always came home. HOME is where the HEART is and for my family it is Kentucky. I am glad you and lala made it your home too. It is America's best kept secret. Let them all move to Florida. hahaha
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

My internet has been coming and going since early this morning and I do not have any phone service at all. I have DSL through Windstream. Wonder if the dog messed on the line this morning? LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

and the moved me out of Lexington, I don't even recall the trip.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the song of winter, I'm the falling snow
Can't you hear me calling you whenever the north wind blows
I'm the cool of evening, I'm the velvet sky
Can't you hear me calling you whenever the breeze passes by
Oh, can't you hear me calling, oh, can't you hear my love
Oh, can't you hear me calling you
For wherever you are, I am sending my love
I'm the misty rainbow, I'm a falling star
Can't you hear me calling you, my love is wherever you are
Oh, can't you hear me calling, oh, can't you hear my love
Oh, can't you hear me calling you
On the day you return, I'll be waiting, my love
I'm the song of winter, I'm the falling snow
I'm the cool of evening, I'm a velvet sky
I'm a falling star, I'm a misty rainbow.
Thank you so much. That is beautiful. Stop in anytime and share some love and good cheer. We need more like you. We have a few haters, but that is just because they are use to trolling hate, gloom and doom sites throughout topix. Sad huh? lol

Have a great day. Love your avatar.:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
and the moved me out of Lexington, I don't even recall the trip.
And your back in record time...hahahaha..no problems here. You could see last night I was posting up a storm. haha
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Dang that was fast, they put me back in Lexington after 2 minutes. I did not think they could even land a 747 in Nicholasville or especially down here in the boondocks. hahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Willisburg Discussions

Search the Willisburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min The Apostle 147,267
Debate: Marijuana - Harrodsburg, KY (Aug '10) 29 min dfg09331 55
Who's the shirtless guy w/ a big gut who plays ... 1 hr martyhec 18
Robert Satterly (Nov '11) 3 hr Pity Train 13
Oreillys 3 hr here we go 4
summer ayala 9 hr mike 1
who are the rats in harrodsburg (Apr '09) 13 hr Big mouth 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Willisburg Jobs

•••