Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,681

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86050 Feb 16, 2013
Got to run. Have a great day everyone. Check back later. Almost game time. Playing in Tennessee without our star player.:(

GO UK!!!
dirt road

Chicago, IL

#86051 Feb 16, 2013
Are birds still falling?
Waiyusotan

Morehead, KY

#86052 Feb 16, 2013
ONE LINER: He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Imposter

London, KY

#86055 Feb 16, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Hello Hempburn, love the biscuit update.
Imposter, how is the little one? Where have you been?
Did you know about Una passing of a heart attack?
I hope it is really you, some think you were one of his socks.
That is bad news my dear, I thought a lot of Una, he was a very intelligent man. I believe he was right with the man upstairs so I find some comfort in that. Still, I am shocked and saddened. The man could sure scrap when he had a mind too. He will be remembered...and missed.

No sweety, although I was a proud member of the Una troll crew for some time, I am nowhere near his level.

The little fellow is doing fine, he's with his mother and father, they got back together last week.

May my friend rest in peace.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#86056 Feb 16, 2013
Where is everyone this evening?@Blueminer: Hope that your dad is doing better. You both are in my prayers. AW: How's Big Chief Fat Feather and his flock?@ Abeliever: Miss your Godvine videos.
@Nope: I keep you in my prayers, hoping for your peace and recovery from illness. Happy belated Valentine's Day. Anybody else who I forgot?? Hope everyone is warm and cozy in this very cold night. Will pop in later if I can.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#86057 Feb 16, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>That is bad news my dear, I thought a lot of Una, he was a very intelligent man. I believe he was right with the man upstairs so I find some comfort in that. Still, I am shocked and saddened. The man could sure scrap when he had a mind too. He will be remembered...and missed.

No sweety, although I was a proud member of the Una troll crew for some time, I am nowhere near his level.

The little fellow is doing fine, he's with his mother and father, they got back together last week.

I am still getting use to it. I click on the thread and expect to see his avatar here. He is missed.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86058 Feb 16, 2013
Been installing a bigger and better wood burning stove which requires some chimney changes. Mortared in today, to set up over night and tomorrow. Install most likely Monday. Hope the electric heat don't go out in the meantime. LOL

Nascar new season underway tonight from Daytona with "Sprint Unlimited", formerly the "Budweiser shootout". New style cars with more manufacturer identity instead of them all looking the same. Fox channel.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86059 Feb 16, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>That is bad news my dear, I thought a lot of Una, he was a very intelligent man. I believe he was right with the man upstairs so I find some comfort in that. Still, I am shocked and saddened. The man could sure scrap when he had a mind too. He will be remembered...and missed.
Good evening Imposter, it is you. I am so happy. You are right about Una. He was intelligent, a deacon,Sunday School teacher and church treasurer at his Church. When I looked him up on the funeral obit page there was a picture of him that was just as I imagined him to look like. It has been different without him. He and I were having some fun posting the night before he passed. I miss that ole fart. We were talking about you shortly before he left because they kept deleting everything you said and we wondered it they had banned you. He really grew on most of us after all that fussing. I didn't really think you were one of his socks, but reading his hometown forum apparently he took a few posters with him. lol

I know you must miss that little tike, he had tugged at your heart strings good. I hope you get to see him often.

Have a good evening and don't forget to stop in again and keep us posted. Glad to see you here again, my friend.

Location hidden

#86060 Feb 16, 2013
Imposter wrote:
I am glad to find out that you are not one of Una's sock. I do miss Una. I always thought that he was very intelligent, It wasn't the content of what he wrote, but his writing style and use of sarcasm and wit that convinced me of his intellect. The last month or so that he posted on the bird thread was actually enjoyable to read. I do hope that you continue to check in here. A little bit of controversy sparks more interest in posting.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86061 Feb 16, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Where is everyone this evening?@Blueminer: Hope that your dad is doing better. You both are in my prayers. AW: How's Big Chief Fat Feather and his flock?@ Abeliever: Miss your Godvine videos.
@Nope: I keep you in my prayers, hoping for your peace and recovery from illness. Happy belated Valentine's Day. Anybody else who I forgot?? Hope everyone is warm and cozy in this very cold night. Will pop in later if I can.
Hi lala, I posted my plans earlier when I signed off. Son and girlfriend stayed most of the day and left about an hour ago. We watched our beloved Wildcats take a brutal thrashing without our star player. It was ugly. It was one of the worse beatdowns I have ever seen UK take. I just popped some popcorn and was going to watch some of the race until 10:00 and then I was going to watch the murder close by where a friend of mine lives and of an Army MP I use to see on Knox that killed his wife and mother-in-law in Rineyville not far out the gates. It is on 48 Hours @ 10:00. He was a real ass when he was at Knox, supposedly got into trouble with some other MP's and they shipped him off to Fort Campbell. He killed his ex and her ex-mother-in-law in front of his children and the killed their dog. It is a real story you won't believe. If you get a chance to watch it. I am sure Betty remembers it. Took forever to convict him, had about 5 trials in Hardin County, but it took the Army to do it. I going to watch it and flip it to NASCAR during commericials.

Here are a couple cute ones, I love the cat video and the lesson it describes at the end. LOVE

Mommy Cat Takes Care of the Most Unlikely Homeless Animal
Sometimes we all just need to put aside our differences and focus more on love and acceptance than our differences. We can start by taking a page out of this mommy cat's book - watch the unlikely, yet cute, video.
http://www.godvine.com/Mommy-Cat-Takes-Care-o...

The Most Unlikely Animal Ever Plays Fetch - LOL
Every now and then you'll see a kitten that likes to play fetch... but we have never seen a crow that does! Crows are smart, but we didn't know they like to play, too. What a unique bird!
http://www.godvine.com/The-Most-Unlikely-Anim...

If Hempburn hadn't rescued Biscuit he could of tried getting those crows that were hanging around to fetch. hahaha

Have a good night lala,(((Hugs)) to you.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86062 Feb 16, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Been installing a bigger and better wood burning stove which requires some chimney changes. Mortared in today, to set up over night and tomorrow. Install most likely Monday. Hope the electric heat don't go out in the meantime. LOL
Nascar new season underway tonight from Daytona with "Sprint Unlimited", formerly the "Budweiser shootout". New style cars with more manufacturer identity instead of them all looking the same. Fox channel.
Hello Ancient Wolf, sounds like a good change. Hope your power don't go either, it is cold out. I seen where they had a five car wreck at practice and I liked the Bud Shootout better than the Sprint shootout title. My fox channel is out right now with all channels 2-17 "unavailable" so I am watching a rerun of Person of Interest on the Lex WKYT channel (18) right now. If it doesn't come on I will at least catch that Burke Murder Case on 48 Hours on that channel.

Hope you are having a good evening and try that WD40 on Arthur then report to us if it works. hahaha I know you have a can. Every man does. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86063 Feb 16, 2013
NBC: Meteor fireball reported over San Francisco Bay Area — Clearly visible on Doppler radar (VIDEO & PHOTOS)
http://enenews.com/nbc-meteor-fireball-report...

Meteor hit Louisville in 1977
Tom Tretter, director of the Gheens Science Hall and Rauch Planetarium at the University of Louisville, talks about the meteorite that hit a couple's home in Louisville in 1977.
< http://www.courier-journal.com/videonetwork/2... |tvideo|article>

AP: Alarm about radioactive leak at most contaminated site in U.S.—“We’ve got a problem, this is big”(VIDEO)
http://enenews.com/ap-alarm-about-radioactive...

Location hidden

#86064 Feb 16, 2013
Hi, Abeliever, Glad that you are monitoring environmental disasters in the making. I frequently tune into enenews.com . That has up to date info. about Fukushema and the Bayou Corne.
I wish a meteor would hit my house (as long as we were not in it). Those meteorite rocks are worth BIG bucks...the larger the fragments, the more they are worth. People look for them with metal detection equipment. Meteorites differ from ordinary rocks in that they are magnetized. Not too long ago, there was a show on NatGeo. or on the documentary channel, I forgot which. So how did UK do, missing their best player.

Location hidden

#86065 Feb 16, 2013
Good night to all. I think that I will watch the show Abeliever mentioned. Sounds interesting.
Sorry about the UK loss, Abeliever. I know how avid a fan you are.
I was watching the Sprint race with hubby.
Too bad that they had that 7 car pileup. That took out Jeff Gordon early in the race.
@ AW: Stay warm tonight. Glad that you got that new woodstove. I miss that kind of heat. We had a woodstove burning from late Nov. through February when we lived up North. Nothing like cozying up to a wood fire.
Talk to you all tomorrow. Oops. Should have said y'all. Forgot where I lived for a moment. Bye Bye
gr8 1

London, KY

#86066 Feb 16, 2013
Beans!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#86067 Feb 16, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Hi, Abeliever, Glad that you are monitoring environmental disasters in the making. I frequently tune into enenews.com . That has up to date info. about Fukushema and the Bayou Corne.
I wish a meteor would hit my house (as long as we were not in it). Those meteorite rocks are worth BIG bucks...the larger the fragments, the more they are worth. People look for them with metal detection equipment. Meteorites differ from ordinary rocks in that they are magnetized. Not too long ago, there was a show on NatGeo. or on the documentary channel, I forgot which. So how did UK do, missing their best player.
Partner thought meteorite wedding rings might not be so expensive. LOL He's decided on searching elsewhere. I agree, it 's astounding how much a person could make from a meteorite.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#86068 Feb 16, 2013
Another busy day. Wish I could sit and watch the birds. Anything new?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#86069 Feb 16, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Another busy day. Wish I could sit and watch the birds. Anything new?
Same old Same old---

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#86070 Feb 16, 2013
Hey everyone. Hope you all had a great day. We went shopping and I bought some frivolous items. But I felt like spoiling myself, hehe. It was fun and I enjoyed it so much.

It actually snowed here for a little while today!! I wasn't expecting that. Nothing stuck, but it was pretty coming down.

What did everyone do today? Hopefully you had a little bit of fun, whatever you decided on!!

(BTW, I'm sorry you had to hear about Mr Farter this way, "Imposter". Contrary to what you may choose to believe, I didn't jump for joy when I heard the news.. It was sad to hear. I'm also sorry that you lost your online friend).

Signed:
"Toots"
aka,_-_Nope_-_

:)
Proof

Frankfort, KY

#86072 Feb 16, 2013
Who was the moron that claimed the tsunami that hit Japan was caused by a nuke?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the food pantry 42 min Curious 3
personal physical fitness instructor or trainer... 1 hr I need a trainer 4
wesley 2 hr minding my own bu... 2
older men & younger women 3 hr Vader 17
Harrodsburg Drug Dealers (Apr '11) 5 hr iseeit2 277
seriously 5 hr ms me 1
Browning guy that digs graves in H-burg!! (Aug '09) 5 hr crazy 106
Willisburg Dating
Find my Match

Willisburg People Search