Shoe Barn

Richmond, KY

#1 Mar 9, 2013
I have just found this site and I am very thankful for all the comments about the Shoe Barn. It certainly helped me to see where we have made our mistakes.

First I like to apologize to everyone we offended by our customer service. We never meant to make our customers feel uncomfortable and we were not trying to stop people from stealing. We were just trying to be helpful but we got carried away and we are very sorry. We have changed our service now and we will no longer be watching or standing near by. If you need help, you will have to come to the cash register to ask for it.

Second, our prices... I am really sorry about our prices and sales we offer. We have tried to be competitive but unfortunately smaller retailers pay more for their products than the larger stores and that is why our prices sometimes are more. We are trying to find other ways to get less expensive shoes in the store so we can keep our prices down without having the sales.

Third, the Shop with a Cop. The reason I pulled down the postings on facebook was because the sheriff asked and although I did not do it at first, after we straighten out the problem, I thought it would be best to following his advise and I pulled the postings. In regards to the gift cards for the children, I am still waiting to hear back from the Sheriff. Hopefully this spring the children will need some new shoes and the sheriff will contact us.

Buying Used shoes... Yes, we are planning on opening a new store, but it is not ours, it will be my son's store. There will be no sales help in this new store so there will be no one watching or making anyone feel uncomfortable. There will be no buy one get one 1/2 price sales, so there will be no confusion whether an item is included in the sale and all the prices will be 50 to 70% off original retail prices. We will be selling quality brand name shoes that have been cleaned, polished, sanitized and deodorized and we will also be selling discontinued new shoes. We will be buying some used shoes from our customers but we have found many people upset with the prices we offer so we are going to be buying most of the used shoes from other sources like ebay.

Again, I am sorry for all the mistakes we have made but being in business is a learning experience.
Justsayin

United States

#2 Mar 9, 2013
R yall hiring?
cindy

Lawrenceburg, KY

#3 Mar 10, 2013
Just remember, people are always going to bitch and complain about something. Trust me, even giving free isn't good enough. I used to work in retail and would just shake my head in disbelief at the immaturity today.
Retail

Lawrenceburg, KY

#4 Mar 10, 2013
absolutely cindy I agree, I wish there was a law that required every human to take a shopping etiquette class before they would be allowed to go ever go shopping! Those that have worked retail know exactly what I mean! Shoe Barn you are never going to be able to please everyone and then there are some folks that no matter what you did they still wouldn't be satisfied. There are some, if you gave them what they wanted for free they would still find something to whine about! Best of luck to you and I will continue to shop in your store!
Shoe Barn customer

United States

#5 Mar 11, 2013
Shoe Barn owner I commend you for getting on this worthless website and apologizing,but you had no reason too.I get on this website everday to read because it is so comical.It is sad how pathetic our society has become.People wont go to the source and complain because they are cowards.They run home after a bad episode into a hole and get on there computer and whine and complain like Mommy just took there pacifier away.It just isnt Lawrenceburg!It is everywhere.That is what this website is intended for even though policies state do not post anything offensive or it will be deleted.But if you notice nothing is ever deleted,why?Because this website is making millions.If they delete it people will not get on here and read.As I said above the reason I read, it is comical reading,nothing important,and most of it is lies.Another thing about people today when a business is striving and doing well it makes people mad because they want to be in that same position,but they dont want to put in the hard work and effort to do so.They want free.
Grant

South Bloomingville, OH

#6 Mar 11, 2013
I always buy from Shoe Barn, and appreciate the help I get there. I never had an issue with your folks standing by, in fact it was nice to get that service. I was in there about 2 months ago and bought 2 pairs of shoes, and had no issue with the service you guys gave me, you did a great job! No problem if I need to come to the counter for help now though, that is fine.

And your prices, for what I buy, are just fine with me. I can generally get what I need there without driving all over the place.

As Shoe Barn Customer said, you shouldn't worry overmuch about Topix...it is entertaining, but most people understand there is a ton of hearsay and few facts on here.
About Him

Tampa, FL

#7 Sep 8, 2013
What happen to the shoe barn why did it close?
mistydog

Lawrenceburg, KY

#8 Sep 13, 2013
I never had a problem with the service, it was good but the problem I had was handling a shoe problem after the shoe had been purchased.

I worked with an older gentleman and he had bought a pair of tennis shoes at the Barn and something happened to them, can't remember what, but all of us employees urged him to take them back and we assured him the owner would do something to make it right since they were so new and had come apart somewhere.

This man was a nicely dressed, clean cut, polite gentleman, not a rude redneck. Well we convinced him to go back to the Barn and the owner refused to do anything about his situation. I was flabergasted that he wouldn't at least offer to exchange them or give him some credit on another pair but he wouldn't do a thing except to say, "I'm sorry".

Well, he lost my business and the gentleman's future business just because he didn't want to take a loss on one pair of tennis shoes. The shoes looked brand new but they were coming apart. Nobody can have a successful business with that attitude.

I'm sorry he left Lawrenceburg but hopefully he has learned a valuable lesson to treat his customers like he would want to be treated himself.
Missed

Lawrenceburg, KY

#9 Sep 13, 2013
I really really miss the shoe barn! Maybe the grey haired gentlemen didn't have the best manners, but it helped working people not to have to go to Lexington or Frankfort to purchase what they wanted in shoes, boots, tennis shoes!
Won me over

Lawrenceburg, KY

#11 Sep 13, 2013
Takes a lot of courage and maturity to admit when we are wrong as humans to a few, but to get on here, swallow your pride, and take ownership of everything, THAT is to be commended. You have won my business now!!! Best of luck in your Frankfort store and your new endeavour's!
News

Lawrenceburg, KY

#12 Sep 13, 2013
mistydog wrote:
I never had a problem with the service, it was good but the problem I had was handling a shoe problem after the shoe had been purchased.
I worked with an older gentleman and he had bought a pair of tennis shoes at the Barn and something happened to them, can't remember what, but all of us employees urged him to take them back and we assured him the owner would do something to make it right since they were so new and had come apart somewhere.
This man was a nicely dressed, clean cut, polite gentleman, not a rude redneck. Well we convinced him to go back to the Barn and the owner refused to do anything about his situation. I was flabergasted that he wouldn't at least offer to exchange them or give him some credit on another pair but he wouldn't do a thing except to say, "I'm sorry".
Well, he lost my business and the gentleman's future business just because he didn't want to take a loss on one pair of tennis shoes. The shoes looked brand new but they were coming apart. Nobody can have a successful business with that attitude.
I'm sorry he left Lawrenceburg but hopefully he has learned a valuable lesson to treat his customers like he would want to be treated himself.
My husband has bought his work shoes there for the past few years and also got a discount which we much appreciated. Until this year
He went there and they don't have his size and said they could order them but he had to pay for them first!
Well we just went to shoe carnival and got them for close to the same amount. I didt understand this at all. Why pay up front ?
I had gone in there several years ago af an older gentleman that used to work there was so pushy trying to sell me high priced tennis shoes. I kept telling him I was picky and would know what I wanted when I saw it. Sadly years later I still can't find what I like but he would not let up finally I just said I had to go.
I hate that another business has left lburg. Especially them after being here so long.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DECENT ugly girls 4 min Aunt T Histimine 5
Hitachi 6 min Aunt T Histimine 50
John Scott McCandliss 9 min Aunt T Histimine 2
Big d has got to go 11 min Omg 3
bluegrass stalk yards 25 min just me 1
School's Head Archery Coach 3 hr Mcafee grandpap 24
Pills and Heroin 6 hr Biggest fan 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Willisburg Mortgages