New Wayne County Commission Committee Will Delve Into County Finances

Jan 24, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

A new committee within the Wayne County Commission will aim to help solve the county's financial challenges.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
confused

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Why did it take getting caught overspending for people finally to say we need to solve problem.? How come ficano was allowing these ridiculous pensions for staffers and appointees?it seems as though officials in county and some cities r giving raises and salaries like there is no tomorrow.we keeping hearing about loss of taxes. Does that mean while money was coming in more than now it should have been wasted? Efficiency is key. And not just in bits a d pieces. The whole picture is that what ficano promised all these people could be upheld in court. This is not fair for people having to solve these overspending promises that ficano withheld from taxpayers. And later trying to rescind. too late?
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Start by having the county give up that silly Horse Force (Yes, I know some money is donated.) Stop providing a driver for Ficano. I've seen Ficano being chauffeured around in an unmarked Crown Vic.
Dump that Christmas lightfest program. Sponsors and fees don't pay everything.
confused

Clayton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

At least its not rolls Royce. No start by reducing ridiculous pensions and salaries as in taylortucky. I am not defending being chauffeured but money out of poor pockets pay these salaries with benefits. Lifetime! The least salaries in police and fire in Taylor $65000 + benefits. Taylor is overstaffed also. They r trying to milk what is possible out of taxes they don't have. They cry when mayor tries to cut.ficano is most likely as bad or worse.
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

It's also not necessary to pick up trash in Hines Park on Sunday and with two and sometimes three workers. The park is not as active these days.

And the night shift officer doesn't need a nap up the dirt road Lakeview at 5am either.
confused

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Hines park is like the Wayne county morgue compared to 3 or 4 decades ago. Dead! The horse mounted police used to stroll thru then but couldn't keep up with illegal things. It was like a hash bash in there all year long!! No again these funds spent fer these lackluster officials even before turkia million scandal affects us in Wayne county longterm. Millage increases r a bandaid citizens don't want or need. Over wasted money is problem. What u propose is only small amounts. I am refferring to inner circle in Wayne county. The good ole' boy network . Let's take take of ourselves mentality. again has any study compared Wayne county and cities to say lorain or cuyahoga county and cities within on money dispersed there for upper level salaries and pensions? Most likely not because concessions is a dirty word!
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

confused wrote:
Hines park is like the Wayne county morgue compared to 3 or 4 decades ago. Dead! The horse mounted police used to stroll thru then but couldn't keep up with illegal things. It was like a hash bash in there all year long!! No again these funds spent fer these lackluster officials even before turkia million scandal affects us in Wayne county longterm. Millage increases r a bandaid citizens don't want or need. Over wasted money is problem. What u propose is only small amounts. I am refferring to inner circle in Wayne county. The good ole' boy network . Let's take take of ourselves mentality. again has any study compared Wayne county and cities to say lorain or cuyahoga county and cities within on money dispersed there for upper level salaries and pensions? Most likely not because concessions is a dirty word!
You bring back fond memories. I remember summer days when cars were lined up along the road. Police chased them out over a period of time with $250 parking tickets. Word soon spread to go elsewhere. I saw drug sales going on that police never acted on. With the advent of cell phones, connections are so smooth they never catch anybody in the act of selling.
There was the one officer I called "Marky Parky" because his name was Mark. He liked to stop all the women and take pictures or show his pictures and music. Eventually he got out on a disability because of an injury to his "trigger finger." Management hated Mark and always assigned him the old vehicle with over 100K on it and running on seven cylinders.

Then there was officer Mike who really like to bust people hard. He was a bully who enjoyed the power over people. He ended up with testicular cancer from riding the radar gun.

I got stories.
confused

Clayton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

U must know people or r directly benefitting from these outrageous salaries and pensions because every time it is brought up u try to divert subject. U mention garbage collectors in Hines park.so cutting this will solve problems of deficits? Ha! The reality is these people have been living high off the hog too long no matter who I remind u of. That's a fact jack! Ficano mentions high tech improvements of highway video monitors being put into command post to try and get off subject of corruption. Houston tax has had this system. Not a first but good step in right direction but still shouldn't cloud over past corruption under his watch and McNamara.
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

confused wrote:
U must know people or r directly benefitting from these outrageous salaries and pensions because every time it is brought up u try to divert subject. U mention garbage collectors in Hines park.so cutting this will solve problems of deficits? Ha! The reality is these people have been living high off the hog too long no matter who I remind u of. That's a fact jack! Ficano mentions high tech improvements of highway video monitors being put into command post to try and get off subject of corruption. Houston tax has had this system. Not a first but good step in right direction but still shouldn't cloud over past corruption under his watch and McNamara.
I don't know anybody working for the county except a few police officers. Waste is a mindset that begins with those high paid individuals. I can only comment on my personal experiences in the park and county at a lower level. If you have personal knowledge of more, feel free to add your take, but be specific.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Willis Discussions

Search the Willis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
kidnapped car jacked at emu and murdered Wed Gods Angel 1
John Collins (Mar '10) Apr 22 Patty 11
Stand Your Ground Apr 20 Brian Adam 1
Review: Plumbing Professors, Inc. (Apr '09) Apr 17 johm 3
Officer Long in Van-Buren ? Apr 8 Skeeter 1
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Mar 27 rider 109
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Mar 27 rider 5,463
•••
•••
•••
Willis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Willis Jobs

•••
•••
•••