Group fights to ban synthetic turf

Full story: Connecticut Post
Stephanie Thompson's first concern with Fairfield Country Day School's plan to install a synthetic turf field was its appearance. Full Story
videophotog

Piscataway, NJ

#1 Nov 18, 2007
Go to any new park and the ground is covered with ground tires instead of wood chips.
pelle

Overland Park, KS

#2 Nov 19, 2007
what is more dangerous? synthetic turf fields or the chemicals used to keep grass fields nice and green?
Pathetic Tree Huggers

Raleigh, NC

#3 Nov 19, 2007
Here is (maybe) a simple one for you all to figure out. What about the broken bones of the players (your kids) from playing on a hard rocky surface? You know the one surrounded by the asphalt running track (made from petroleum), and right next to the 1200 space parking lot where all your leaking Volvo's are parked. How about testing the run off water from those places.
Let's not get into all the fertilizer and weed control products that are dumped onto that rock hard surface too. You know the one where your kids are getting their faces ground into a couple of times each game.
I could keep going but you don't want to know the facts. More tests have been done about this subject than I can count, and all by pretty impressive folks. But' you will not Google the subject in a good sense because you are "Pathetic, Uninformed Tree Huggers!"...Denny

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Inmate Dead; Found In Cell In Apparent Suicide ... (Sep '07) Feb 14 Officercote 107
Storrs Jukebox (Jul '12) Jan '15 Musikologist 21
Info Session on Bridge Replacement in Tolland Jan '15 Angela Eyes 1
Boston Celtics Dec '14 Johnny45 1
Why does the state glorify a WOMEN'S basketball... (Dec '13) Dec '14 Johnny45 4
Pregnant Woman Shot By Boyfriend Dies At Hospital (Apr '08) Nov '14 Jay 30
Habitat for Humanity home dedicated in Putnam Nov '14 Kkm 1
Willington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Willington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance