Mansfield: Electronics Recycling Free At The Mansfield Transfer Station

Dec 13, 2010 Full story: Hartford Courant

Government Announcements Submitted by Virginia Walton, Town of Mansfield, on 2010-12-13.   The Town of Mansfield began recycling electronics in 1999 when it became apparent that televisions and computers contained hazardous metals that could cause pollution and health problems if not reclaimed through a recycling process at the time of ...

Full Story
Lisa M

New London, CT

#1 Dec 30, 2010
Does anyone know where these electronic items really end up? I hear that electronic junk is sent to asia, where they burn it to recoup small amounts of silver and gold. The waste and lead goes into their water.
How can we be sure that our electronics are properly being recycled??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CT Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) 17 hr Tippy Faulker 792
City of Coventry Boarding School (Jun '06) Sep 4 stephen donald 442
Transplant Sep 4 User Name 1
Storrs Jukebox (Jul '12) Aug 21 Musikologist 20
the largest free sex singles site!! (Sep '13) Aug 19 Giam 3
Backyard Chickens: More Connecticut Residents R... (Jul '10) Aug '14 stephanie 8
Anthony P. Alvino, 19, of Lindenhurst, N.Y., wa... (Jun '08) Jul '14 FSUplayesuxdixs 37
•••
•••

Willington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Willington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Willington News, Events & Info