Connecticut News - State, National and Local News from The Hart...

There are 4 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jun 8, 2007, titled Connecticut News - State, National and Local News from The Hart.... In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Town officials have taken disciplinary action against Assistant Fire Chief Raymond Shedd, who was charged in April with impersonating a police officer and breach of peace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Thomas J

Waterbury, CT

#1 Jun 9, 2007
Thank God I live in the Eighth Utilities District. Those volunteers show more professionalism and dedication to this town than Chief Shedd or any member of our towns "paid department!"
Michelle A

Manchester, CT

#2 Jun 11, 2007
As a taxpayer of Manchester, I am appauled that Chief Shedd is still on the payroll. I now feel very uncomfortable allowing the fire department into my home, if an unfortunate incident shall ever strike.
A chief grade FIRE officer pulls over a driver, inpersonates a police officer, is caught and found guilty, and still keeps his job...hmm? I'm uncomfortable knowing this man and the people that he leads could be in my home during and after a fire without me being able to closely watch over them.
With all due respect, Chief Bycholski, I no longer have the trust in your department that a customer should.
Deb M

Storrs Mansfield, CT

#3 Jun 14, 2007
I have known Chief Shedd for over 2o years and his dedication to the citizens of Manchester is unmatched. He is a man of great character and integrity. He has always given more than 100% on the job and to the people of Manchester. Shame on those who read and believe information taken out of context.
Joseph Vollies

Waterbury, CT

#4 Jun 15, 2007
You never see this from of abuse of power from the 8th district, TMFD lowering the bar one day at a time….

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jasmine Lister Apr '15 deerehunter 1
News Anthony P. Alvino, 19, of Lindenhurst, N.Y., wa... (Jun '08) Mar '15 Big Drew Brellis 38
Storrs Jukebox (Jul '12) Mar '15 DB database 22
News Inmate Dead; Found In Cell In Apparent Suicide ... (Sep '07) Feb '15 Officercote 107
News Info Session on Bridge Replacement in Tolland Jan '15 Angela Eyes 1
News Bliss Market In Wethersfield Closes (Jul '14) Jul '14 Witness 1
News 'Man with the Golden Flute' Spreads Gospel Of L... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Gaga for GAGA 2
More from around the web

Willington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]