15-Year-Old Killed In Crash

Full story: Hartford Courant

Gomez Pacheco, 15, of Willimantic, was driving a 1996 Nissan Altima east on Route 44 in Ashford when he lost control of the car shortly before 9:30 p.m., police said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Harry

Simsbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

Judged:

It's too soon to speculate why a 15 year old was behind a wheel of a vehicle at 9:30pm. Alone. Could it have been an emergency situation? Anything other than that is just plain negligence on behalf of the vehicle owner, the parents, etc. Stricter laws on teen driving are not going to prevent situations like this where a child was driving under the current legal age. How many more 15 year olds are out there driving? How many parents of these children know that they are?
jorge

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

all you have to know is that he was 15 and still only in the 8th grade ... his sister was quoted on channel 3 last night saying he was one of 22 children and that they all knew he drove on a regular basis ... she said that "we just thought that he was late getting home from school" ... so its freakin' 9:30 at night and no one has seen him since 7 am and nobody is concerned ????? this must be one messed up family ... hopefully DCF will save some of the other kids in this household before someone else is claimed by the natural selection process
whitepages

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

15 and in 8th grade?
Idiots

Willimantic, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

jorge wrote:
all you have to know is that he was 15 and still only in the 8th grade ... his sister was quoted on channel 3 last night saying he was one of 22 children and that they all knew he drove on a regular basis ... she said that "we just thought that he was late getting home from school" ... so its freakin' 9:30 at night and no one has seen him since 7 am and nobody is concerned ????? this must be one messed up family ... hopefully DCF will save some of the other kids in this household before someone else is claimed by the natural selection process
Trust me, if they really have 22 children - DCF and the entire entitlement program are fully aware of them!

Why do people feel the need to "breed". NO ONE can properly take care of 22 children and there is NO EXCUSE to having so many children......

Also, there is NO emergency that can't be solved with a 911 call. At least THIS MUCH I know as this kid died four miles from my house and I KNOW our 911 is quick......

I hope they investigate why he was unaccounted for and WHY they knew - and permitted - his illegal driving.
Idiots

Willimantic, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

15 year old an 8th grade? I agree....this IS a special education situation if that is the case. A 15 year old should be at least a Sophmore! WOW..........
Do the math

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

No excuses for him driving before he had his license.... but a "15 year old 8th grader" could have stayed back one time..not to rare. A freshman with a birthday in the early part of the year, is turning 15 now.
Cristian Nadal

Coventry, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

wE WILL ALL MISS U TILL DA END JOMAR U MAY BE GONE BUT U WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN
Ann Theresa

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

Judged:

Cristian Nadal wrote:
wE WILL ALL MISS U TILL DA END JOMAR U MAY BE GONE BUT U WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN
till da end? da....nuff sed
Duh

Willimantic, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

Cristian Nadal wrote:
Honor his memory by learning to speak proper English, not failing your classes and learning to follow the laws of our land.
Duh

Willimantic, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

Ann Theresa wrote:
<quoted text> till da end? da....nuff sed
Yep, I was thinking the exact same thing Ann........

Must be difficult to communicate your feelings when you can't speak or write. Sort of "Helen Kelleresque", isn't it?
New Hideout

Willimantic, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

Quote: "The Altima is registered to Judith Flores of Willington, police said."

Those low income apartments in Willington and parts of Ashford have quickly become the location of choice for those from Willimantic, hiding from the law.

Unfortuantely, while passing through the more respectful areas between Willington and Willi-World, they leave their ghetto bass on and disturb otherwise peaceful communities.

Wonder what connection Flores has to the victim and what she does for a living? ANyone that knowingly gives a child access to a car and the child dies as a result is guilty of nothing less than risk of injury and endangerment. Possibly, in a sesnable world, involuntary manslaughter as well.

I'm sure Rell can make a space for her in Niantic. 5- 10 years, wouldn't you say?

let's not forget the parents. DCF, do your thing - oops, sorry, in this case, that would be "THANG".......need the proper context, of course.
Fed Up

Southington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

So, he has yet another name!

I think the investigation will reveal some very interesting information. A quick scan of judicial case records (online) is very revealing.

Watch for the so-called parents to claim that they can't go to jail for this for some lame reasons.
BigDaddy2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

Oh well..................
ITS ASHAME

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2008

I FEEL SORRY FOR THOSE WHO ARE MAKING THIS A RACIAL ISSUE NOT LOOKING AT THE ACTUALL FACTS, OR THE PEOPLE THAT SHOULD BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS HORRIBLE ACCIDENT. REGARDLESS OF WHAT ISSUES THIS CHILD HAD HE WAS STILL A CHILD, AND THE PARENTS SHOULD HAVE BEEN RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH. I DROVE BY THE KIDS HOUSE YESTERDAY AND HIS YOUNGER BROTHER WHO'S ABOUT 6 WAS SITTING BEHIND THE WHEEL OF THE SAME CAR HIS BROTHER USE TO DRIVE BEEPING THE HORN. THAT'S BEING IRRISPONSIBLE, AND MAY BE EVEN LETTING ANOTHER TRAGEDY LIKE THIS HAPPEN AGAIN. PEOPLE HAVE IN MIND THAT NOT ALL PARENT ARE THE SAME WAY AND ALL PR LIKE SOMEONE CALLED US EITHER. OPEN UP YOUR MINDS A BIT A LOOK A THE THINGS THAT ARE ACTUALLY IMPORTANT AND HOW WE CAN MAKE THE CHANGES TO MAKE THIS AWFUL SITUATION LESS OCCURANT
Jimmy The Greek wrote:
<quoted text>
Same thing with a bunch of PR losers on my street a few years back; they'd let their 14-year-old son drive all the time (with the mother in the car). And of course if you try to tell the cops on them then you're the bad guy (a "snitch" as those people call it).
jayla

Mount Vernon, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2008

This is why teens under 16 should NOT drive... Only being 16 myself i think this is sad but we shall learn from mistakes made by others. May this student rest in peace. To her friends and family i am truly sorry to hear about this.
FLACA

Storrs Mansfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

whitepages wrote:
15 and in 8th grade?
well first of all to begin with dont take it out on my cuzin that just because he wasnt home after school u assum that its there fault that he drove and crashed into a tree. we all knew that he would be out with a couple of friends who i wont mention but we all didnt know that he would go out driving. He was ma cuzin and i love him alot with all ma heart! for u ppl to go out and blame them isnt right it was nobodys fault. yea ill admit that jomar didnt make gud descions and that he did some crazy things in his life but as he did he learned from them and that was the best part of him. Jomar was a very happy person he loved to go to skool to chill wit his friends and he would like to beat up on ppl (play around) but he didnt deserve to die the way that he did. i guess god needed him now and that now was his time. DCF has nuttin to do wit it! they will never have n-ething to do with it and thats it! u ppl stop making stupid comments about him n ma family i hate thT if u dont know what happened then stop running ur mouth! u got sumtin to say, say it now!
FLACA

Storrs Mansfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

ppl come on now its hard for us to live like this knowing that one of our family memebers are missing. we wake up everyday suffering knowing that hes not there. we eat food, watch t.v, sit around and do nuttin! y? because hes not there and then on top pf that u all have the nerve to come on here and say stupid things like that, that u ppl have no reason saying u kno nuttin about jomar and ma fam so stop talking shyt 4real. im tired of ppl blaing our fam about wat happened. GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT B4 U START TALKING SHYT!
FLACA

Storrs Mansfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

JOMAR MY LOVE I LOVE U SO MUCH AND I MISS U WITH ALL MA HEART. I KNOW THAT U R WATCHING US. MY LIL PURPLE STAR TO GOOD 4 EARTH U R! JUSTINS MISSING U, JOSHUAS MISSING U, ANGIES MISSING GODS EVEN MISSING U DAMN WE MISSING U! UR MOMS IS MISSING U, UR POPS IS MISSING U, UR FAMILIES MISSING U, UR FRIENDS ARE MISSING U! I MISS U SO MUCH AND I HOPE THAT U R WATCHING US EVERYDAY AND U C THAT NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE CRY AND WEEP U DONT WANT US THAT WAY. I KNOW U WANT US TO LIVE LIFE AS IF U WERE STILL HERE WITH US. N WE R TRYING SO HARD. U DONT KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO LIVE LIFE EVERYDAY WITHOUT U HERE WITH US. WE TRY SO HARD BUT ITS HARD TO WAKE UP IN DA MORNINGS KNOWING THAT WE DONT C UR FACE AND HEAR UR LAUGH. U WILL ALWAYS BE IN MA HEART AND U WILL ALWAYS B WIT US NO MATTER WAT. I LOVE U N I MISS U N I HOPE DAT U MISS U TOO. U WILL ALAWYS B WIT US N U WILL ALWAYS BE IN OUR HEARTS FOREVER N NEVER B FORGOTTEN! I LOVE U MA LOVE! GOD BLESS U!
lOVE ALWAYS UR CUZIN
FLACA
ALEXANDER DELON

Willimantic, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

U WAS MY BEST FRIEND JOMAR WE LOVE U AND WE WELL ALWAYZ WELL MISS U R.I.P
shut up

Paterson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

Judged:

Idiots wrote:
15 year old an 8th grade? I agree....this IS a special education situation if that is the case. A 15 year old should be at least a Sophmore! WOW..........
first of all your an idiot and we all loved jomar gomez yes he wasn't supposed to driving but he was and nobody knows why so if you didn't know him mind your business and if you don't know him shut up and stop tlking about him ok

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Willington Discussions

Search the Willington Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Anthony P. Alvino, 19, of Lindenhurst, N.Y., wa... (Jun '08) Jul 6 FSC player 36
Bliss Market In Wethersfield Closes Jul 5 Witness 1
Trumbull Police Officer Charged with Sexual Ass... Jun 18 Katie 5
Best Towns for CT Teens Cluster in Northeast Jun 17 lemmings 1
City of Coventry Boarding School (Jun '06) May '14 Steve donald 436
CT Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) Apr '14 America Gentleman Samuel 780
go wildcats!!! (Apr '11) Apr '14 Blair 5
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Tolland County was issued at July 14 at 4:03AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Willington Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Willington Jobs

•••