Fatal Crash On Route 44

Full story: Hartford Courant

The one-vehicle crash occurred between Howard Road in Ashford and Marsh Road in Willington just before 5 a.m., police said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
HEATHER

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2007

HOW SAD!! UNFORTUNATELY KIDS WILL NEVER LEARN
A Mom

Longmeadow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2007

My hearts go out to these kids families and friends. Very sad.
CHARITTO

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2007

Its real sad but again. this is not all about learning. God already has a place and time for everyone, even that accidents can be prevented but sometimes it is inebitable. condolences to the family
butane

Wethersfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2007

Poor kids. Sorry to hear about this event.

Remember people, be safe and wear your seatbelts.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2007

People drive too fast on route 44... especially in Ashford where there are no resident troopers. I know that there are many other things for the troopers to be doing... but I feel that we don't have the appropriate law enforcement out there for our town. First Selectman Fletcher... are you listening? Maybe we should stop building Taj Mahal office buildings and fire departments and put money into schools and a resident trooper!
Jen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2007

I am guessing they weren't wearing seatbelts.
a friend

Prospect, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2007

I've known jacob from karate since he was maybe 8 and I was about 5. He's always been a great and smart person and for this to happen really breaks me. Jacob was a good kid, may he rest in peace
Justice Seeker

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2007

this is why there is a good arguement for more restrictions on peoples liciences until they are 21 years old. People make such poor decisions at a young age like 19 or 20.
Didn't the article say it was like 5 in the morning?
This is truly horrible for the families.

EBB

Since: Mar 07

Ct

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2007

Justice Seeker wrote:
this is why there is a good arguement for more restrictions on peoples liciences until they are 21 years old. People make such poor decisions at a young age like 19 or 20.
Didn't the article say it was like 5 in the morning?
This is truly horrible for the families.
Are you kidding? Restrictions on drivers up to age 21? What restrictions would you propose?
classmate

Willimantic, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2007

i went to highschool with jacob and he was a pretty good kid. i think your comments about seatbelts are stupid.
i think because u didnt know him personally it is easy to blame it on seatbelts and not obeying driving laws, but it is truly sad too see something like this happen to a person who had so much life still to live.
i send my sympathies to his family.
tweetysweety

Mattapan, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2007

classmate wrote:
i went to highschool with jacob and he was a pretty good kid. i think your comments about seatbelts are stupid.
i think because u didnt know him personally it is easy to blame it on seatbelts and not obeying driving laws, but it is truly sad too see something like this happen to a person who had so much life still to live.
i send my sympathies to his family.
Glad he was a good kid, but if he had been obeying driving laws AND wearing his seatbelt, he would not have been thrown from the vehicle and most likely still be alive! And yes, it is easy to say. And I would say it even if I did know him!
Justice Seeker

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2007

EBB wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding? Restrictions on drivers up to age 21? What restrictions would you propose?
I think having friends in the vehicle that are also 21 years old should be restricted to certain times of the day. Unless it's a family member.
I also think that any violation from the time they get their lic. until they are 21 years old should result in suspension of about 3 months for the first offense and a second violation before the age of 21 should result in a suspension until the person has reached the age of 21.
Stats don't lie, young people and very old people are responsible for the majority of accidents and deaths on the roads across the country. Young people just don't have the wisdom, expierence and good judgement that someone in their 30's or 40;s may have. Yes I know there are exceptions to every rule.
Outspoken

Longmeadow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2007

Justice Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I think having friends in the vehicle that are also 21 years old should be restricted to certain times of the day. Unless it's a family member.
I also think that any violation from the time they get their lic. until they are 21 years old should result in suspension of about 3 months for the first offense and a second violation before the age of 21 should result in a suspension until the person has reached the age of 21.
Stats don't lie, young people and very old people are responsible for the majority of accidents and deaths on the roads across the country. Young people just don't have the wisdom, expierence and good judgement that someone in their 30's or 40;s may have. Yes I know there are exceptions to every rule.
What if these guys were on their way out fishing some where? Could this accident be caused by swerving from hitting a deer? No one knows. As far as speed, maybe it was a factor. Not wearing a seatbelt maybe would have prevented this kids death. there's no changing what happened. The time of night and having a young passanger may have nothing to do with it.
My heart goes out to his family and friends.
Outspoken

Longmeadow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2007

Justice Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
In my family I have three teenagers under 21. So what's the difference if my girls are together or have a freind with them instead?
a friend

Storrs Mansfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2007

i knew jacob in high school we used to hang out all the time. and after high school we started to loose contact. i miss him so much and i cant grasp on the fact that he is really gone. for 2 days i havent been able to sleep. i would really apprciate if these comments about driving fast, wearing seatbelt, ect. would stop cause saying all these things doesnt bring him back and it makes it more stressful to hear those things when the one you love is gone.
butane

Wethersfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2007

I hate laws. Seatbelts are a good idea, I wear mine a majority of the time, but I shouldn't be required to wear it because "the man" says so. I shouldn't have to risk getting a seatbelt ticket when I'm driving 40 feet down my 25MPH quiet suburban street. Sure there is a chance something will happen anytime you're in a vehicle, but lets be realistic.

Sure you can quote statistics, etc. but the statistics don't tell you WHY that accident was caused. Maybe it was because of a 30-40 clueless woman driving down the highway oblivious to the world around them.

Cops also tend to target young drivers more.

ALSO, keep in mind, young drivers aren't as keen to police tactics and don't know all the "hot spots" where police like to hide out. If you've been driving in the same area for a while, you tend to learn all the local hide-outs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Willington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Willington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••