Crews Battle Coventry House Fire Over...

Crews Battle Coventry House Fire Overnight

There are 2 comments on the NBC 30 Hartford story from Jul 10, 2008, titled Crews Battle Coventry House Fire Overnight. In it, NBC 30 Hartford reports that:

Crews battled a house fire on Woodmont Drive in Coventry. The family who lived in the home was on vacation, which caused a huge delay in the fire being reported, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 30 Hartford.

Bill

Falls Church, VA

#1 Jul 10, 2008
I know that neighborhood in Coventry does have hydrants and the residentsÂ’ have complained. Why were they not working?
J Elsesser-Town Manager

Coventry, CT

#2 Jul 21, 2008
Bill wrote:
I know that neighborhood in Coventry does have hydrants and the residentsÂ’ have complained. Why were they not working?
The hyrdants in that neighborhood are for water system maintenance only, and are marked as such. The water system does not have the water pressure to serve for fire suspression. No where in the Town of Coventry so we have a water system able to be used to fight fires.
Water was not an issue in fighting this fire either. The fire departments had plenty of water available through their trucks, tankers, and water shutles. The press does not understand how rural fires are fought

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Failing Concrete Foundations Linked to Aggregate May '16 Sheryl 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Joe Lieberman as U.S. Senator? (Jan '16) May '16 lavon affair 2
News Stafford Graffiti Artist Arrested Again While A... (May '09) Apr '16 Screwball 62
News Backyard Chickens: More Connecticut Residents R... (Jul '10) Apr '16 Kim 9
News UConn housing plan for black men draws fire Apr '16 Spotted Girl 1
News Professor analyzes consequences of 'gutted' Vot... Mar '16 Jeremy 2
Storrs Jukebox (Jul '12) Feb '16 Juke Joint Jump 26

Willington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Willington Mortgages