Willingboro schools...out of supplies...

Willingboro schools...out of supplies, holding up learning process.

Posted in the Willingboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Upset Parent

Fairfield, CT

#1 Nov 16, 2006
When is the school board going to get off their asses and start fixing the problems in our schools? I heard that my son's teachers were unable to hand out assignments today because they couldn't make copies due to the fact that there is no paper in the school to make copies with.!?! What am I paying taxes for? This is the same shit that went on last year. The mis-management needs to stop!!! Not only does the mis-managing need to stop, but I think we need more effective school board members for a number of reasons.
Fed up Mom

United States

#2 Nov 17, 2006
This is BULLSHIT!... OUR TAXES ARE GETTING HIGHER AND HIGHER, but we can't even keep schools open here. Better yet we have the Burlington County Daycare that they want to SHUT DOWN! What the hell is BURLINGTON COUNTY/WILLINGBORO NJ DOING? What are these taxes going toward? I know we pay a big portion to school taxes! so where's the damn money going? ON LAVISH TRIPS, EXPENSIVE CARS and NEW HOMES BEING BUILT in other townships or states for that matter.
I'm ANGRY as hell with the way this township handles business! and MY MONEY!
mccbill

Lansing, MI

#3 Nov 17, 2006
Didn't they fire the school super or some upper position a few years back when all this started? Is she still being paid? If so it was some crazy high salary and if it is still being paid that would be the first "cut" I would be making...going ahead and sue...we have NO money to give you...
mccbill

Lansing, MI

#4 Nov 17, 2006
also check pout your school board, when the annual NJEA convention goes down to atlantic city they stay in the hotels down there on YOUR taxes. It is only an hour drive and they do have a train that could take them down there A LOT cheaper than staying so they can golf and play games on the floor after their 2-4 hours a day of "meetings"
TUCAN SAM

Coatesville, PA

#5 Nov 17, 2006
mccbill wrote:
also check pout your school board, when the annual NJEA convention goes down to atlantic city they stay in the hotels down there on YOUR taxes. It is only an hour drive and they do have a train that could take them down there A LOT cheaper than staying so they can golf and play games on the floor after their 2-4 hours a day of "meetings"
The NJEA thing was last week. Yup, again millions of tax dollars blown. Teachers deserve credit though. Most teachers care about their students and the children in this country. Dont blame them, blame the system. Who said anything about suing? Why would anyone want to sue the school.
mccbill

Lansing, MI

#6 Nov 17, 2006
The suing was in reference to stopping the payment to the "fired" incompetent superintendant. If the payments were to stop I am sure she would sue the township over it...I don't blame the teachers NOT AT ALL, why do the members of the school board need to be there. I overheard a couple of the board mebers in my town talking about the golf courses they played and how everything was charged to their rooms. I don't think the board members need to be there and it is a waste of money ot pay for them to stay there. The train would be $10 a day round trip.
dttttttttttttt

Auburn Hills, MI

#7 May 19, 2007
I RULE THE WORLD
dttttttttttttt

Auburn Hills, MI

#8 May 19, 2007
U Suck
NJ Teacher 1

AOL

#9 Jul 28, 2007
mccbill wrote:
I believe you are missinformed-the teavhers pay for their own rooms in AC. The convention is for NJ teachers not administators.
EX-TCHR

AOL

#10 Aug 22, 2007
What a waste!
Just shut the system down. No neighboring district wants to merge with the Boro. Why should they?
The parents of the darlings vote down the budgets. Last April, the Boro voted NO by the BIGGEST PERCENTAGE of any school district in NJ! Does that tell you something?
And MCBILL--teachers do not go to the NJEA Convention for free! Everything is paid by dues paying teachers, NOT admins or school boards!
What you are talking about is the "working meeting" one such school board took in Nassau, Bahamas a few years back--amount originally budgeted--$14,000. Amount spent by invoices--$28,650! Hmmm, first class on USAirways from Philly?

Since: Aug 07

United States

#11 Aug 25, 2007
don't know where my last post went, but as school quickly approaches, the kids that are constantly getting the shit end of the stick,(bullied, fighting, can't concentrate because the classes are out of hand, teased, etc.etc,) bet the stomach aches, headaches, sleeping poorly have already started!!!!! instead of asking the kids what did they learn today in school, it's more like ("did you have any trouble today")!!!!!! as parents, we wonder how many times are we going to be making irate trips to the school to bitch and fight for our kids because of all the crap that goes on????? it's time to check the closets for the books that supposedly the school didn't have only to be found pushed all the way in the back of the closet hidden out of sight!!!! state of n.j. had it in a written report!!! while our then principle walked the halls like her shit didn't stink!!! make a list of 7th and 8th grade level spelling words, see how many are spelled right!!! same thing with math!!! these kids are being pushed thru each grade, and when they get to high school, they'll be in for a big surprise, and we as parents will be in for alot of heartache, because these kids, will become very frustrated and made to think that "either not knowing which end is up with school work, or that they just can't learn,", HELLO, does the word "dropping out of school" mean anything??????? we tell our kids that they can be anything they want to be,as long as they study hard,and learn everything they can....alot of our kids don't stand a snowballs chance in hell!!!! it's time everybody gets together and brain-storm on how to fix it!!! with the taxes we pay, apparently its up to us, and our kids, to speak up and have our voices heard so loud that they'll hear us 2 towns over!!! the board has yanked our chains long enough!! the school is only as good as the teachers who are trying to teach, and without the proper materials their hands are tied, and it's the kids that suffer!!!! for those who really want to get something going, i will be more than happy to give you my email adddress!!! oh, one more thing, to the people who don't even have kids in the schools,(you give all kinds of places that you live) shut your pie holes, cause you haven't a clue, so stop putting your 2 cents in, cause who wants to hear it??????????
PISSED OFF IN THE BORO!!!!!!!

United States

#12 Aug 25, 2007
hey, anie does NOT live in Ind. i'm right here in willingboro for the last 30 yrs.

Maple Shade

#13 Aug 25, 2007
Sadly, you got it right, Anie. I would LOVE to have your kid in my class!
Willingbor Resident

Fairfield, CT

#14 Aug 27, 2007
You want better schools in Willingboro? Well you need to do something drastic to make people stand up and notice. PARENTS get involved. Take your kids out of all the schools and shut the place down. I know this will be inconvenient but these issues have been going on for years and are only getting worse. Moorestown does not have these problems, MtLaurel does not have these problems. We the people need to act!! Parents and residents in general need to get together and make their presense know. Everyone complains but no one does anything to inconvenience themselves. MOST parents don't even show up for parent teach conferences. The establishment only does what we allow them to do. THE PARENTS NEED TO BE THE CHANGE THAT THEY WANT TO SEE!! Do something and stop all the complaining. Remember the bus boycott in the 60's?? These are our children and they are worth the effort. The school board only does what it's allowed to do.

United States

#15 Aug 27, 2007
Learner wrote:
Sadly, you got it right, Anie. I would LOVE to have your kid in my class!

learner,if you teach in levitt, sounds like you know who i am, and know my kid.... if he's not in your class, ask to have him put there, he's 8th gr. know same crap will happen again, already came to my front door!!!
anie

Maple Shade

#16 Aug 27, 2007
anie wrote:
<quoted text>
learner,if you teach in levitt, sounds like you know who i am, and know my kid.... if he's not in your class, ask to have him put there, he's 8th gr. know same crap will happen again, already came to my front door!!!
anie
Who was your child's 4th grade teacher?

United States

#17 Aug 27, 2007
4th gr.it was Mr.D.(won't say YOUR name) and the aide in the class was Mr.F. if you know me, then you know I DON'T GIVE UP MY FIGHT UNTIL MY SON GETS WHAT HE NEEDS, AND WHAT I WANT!!!!!! IF I don't champion for my son, who else will?????? MY SON WILL NOT FALL BETWEEN THE CRACKS OF THIS BROKEN SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!! and if you know my son, you apparently don't want him falling thru the cracks either!!!!

Maple Shade

#18 Aug 27, 2007
anie wrote:
4th gr.it was Mr.D.(won't say YOUR name) and the aide in the class was Mr.F. if you know me, then you know I DON'T GIVE UP MY FIGHT UNTIL MY SON GETS WHAT HE NEEDS, AND WHAT I WANT!!!!!! IF I don't champion for my son, who else will?????? MY SON WILL NOT FALL BETWEEN THE CRACKS OF THIS BROKEN SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!! and if you know my son, you apparently don't want him falling thru the cracks either!!!!
Anie,
I WISH I knew you and your son! I'm at a different school. I LOVE parents like you! Pro-active, child advocates! I'm always ready for a fight when it comes to the kids! Having the parents in my corner really makes a difference. Best of luck this school year!
SAHM-Willingboro

Pleasantville, NJ

#19 Aug 28, 2007
Hi all, I came across this post looking for a blog on the Willingboro school system. Another mother whose child will be attending the same school as my son told me that such a thing existed so I googled and found this forum. This must be the one she came across months ago. I must say that just reading all of the posts here about Willingboro and the school system has really got me upset and nervous about sending my son to Garfield East this year for pre-k. My family moved here almost 2 years ago to escape the gangs and murders going on in Trenton. It was so nice to lay my head down at night knowing there were no gang bangers sitting on my front steps, smoking weed and having the smoke waft through my young son's bedroon window. Anywho, I can go on and on about how much I really love living here compared to where I came from. Living in Garfield East has been wonderful. I have great neighbors and all are friendly. We found a great church to attend and hope to be members soon. Now to get to the real point of my post here. I am in total agreement with Anie and liked what she had to say about being an advocate for your child. I am a very hands-on Mother and I have made it a point to introduce myself to the school principal at Garfield East last week. She seems like a very nice person and I certainly look forward to working with her this school year. I am hoping and praying that whatever the problems are at Levitt and Memorial and the High School can be resolved before my son reaches that grade level. I do hope to get involved with making positive changes at those schools as well. I do plan to attend all PTA meetings and events. Everytime the school doors open Mommy Willingboro will be there!
CONCERNED PARENT

Horsham, PA

#20 Aug 29, 2007
Parents!!! There is an inclusion team at Hawthorne Elementary School and they are in need of help! If you have a child going into 4th grade, PLEASE get over there and demand that those two teachers NOT be separated! These two teachers have worked together for 7 years in the district. They are absolutely phenominal! They are a MODEL of what an Inclusion team should be! For no apparent reason, they have been split apart. If you truly want what's best for your child, don't let this happen! Go to the board...raise hell! This is just one more example of Administration out of control with no concern for the children! Please parents! My child was in the class of these two teachers and they made an incredible difference in his life!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willingboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Millbrook Mustangs Thu Garfield East Eagle 3
Old Murder (Feb '08) Apr 17 Tony 42
KKK in CINNAMINSON Apr 13 Jerseyboy for Life 3
Anybody know the story behind Holiday Lake? (May '06) Apr 12 susiiemom 329
News Riverside, NJ Council Passes Illegal Immigrant ... (Jul '06) Apr 5 Riverside resident 177
what happened to willingboro ???????????? (Jul '07) Apr 3 Watching Aimee 954
When will verizon FIOS come to Mount Laurel? (Apr '09) Apr 2 Rich 14

Willingboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Willingboro Mortgages