"Save Our Twin Rivers School District...

"Save Our Twin Rivers School District" files lawsuit against ADE

There are 59 comments on the Villager Journal Online story from May 21, 2010, titled "Save Our Twin Rivers School District" files lawsuit against ADE. In it, Villager Journal Online reports that:

For such a small school district, Twin Rivers patrons have made a huge impact when facing closure by the Arkansas Department of Education.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Villager Journal Online.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
tohellwithtwnrvr s

Jonesboro, AR

#42 Oct 5, 2010
wats done is done. down with saving the district.up with adding students to other districts.
funny

Jonesboro, AR

#43 Oct 5, 2010
Twin rivers, like tack masters rep, is dead!
what

United States

#44 Nov 8, 2010
need help!!!!!!
Curmudgeon

United States

#45 Nov 8, 2010
Well the school closed and it wasnt the disaster that many predicted. My property taxes have decreased and the market value of my land has increased now that it isnt in the ORC twin rivers district any longer! I dont believe in a win win situation but this comes very close.
what

United States

#46 Nov 8, 2010
crazy because your land stayed the same you are full of bs!
local

Melbourne, AR

#47 Nov 8, 2010
what wrote:
crazy because your land stayed the same you are full of bs!
no you are crazy my land ain't sh''''''''' now williford is deid now and so is ravenden springs kids want school back and so do all the parents now what do you say about that .......
what

United States

#48 Nov 9, 2010
local i agree with you curmudgeon said his land is worth more now since the school isn't there, that is crazy!
Curmudgeon

United States

#49 Nov 9, 2010
Ask any realtor if land sells for more in the pocahontas school district than land in the other districts. Pocahontas just had a millage election so now the millage rate dropped on my land. ORC had the highest millage in the county.
what

United States

#50 Nov 9, 2010
whatever you are in the sticks so it doesn't matter!

Since: Oct 11

Cadet, MO

#51 Oct 10, 2011
ravenden wrote:
I think Twin Rivers School District (Oak Ridge Central) or Williford should be re-established. Yes with both of them open it was small schools. But when children are driving 300 miles a week to have to be forced to go to other schools and some cant even afford to go to high school from where they live..well that is just sad. And its sad that the state is trying to only have 1 or 2 schools per county where lots of children are pushed into a large school where teachers can't even remember their names.??
Im a student who had to go to another campus after the close i am on the bus 1250 hrs a week and 350 miles
wonder

United States

#52 Oct 10, 2011
how did the weiner school near jbr that officially closed last spring reopen as a charter school?

what was the difference that allowed it to do that?

were biggers and twin rivers given that option?
Get Real

Bexar, AR

#53 Oct 11, 2011
Ethan Hunter Gann wrote:
<quoted text> Im a student who had to go to another campus after the close i am on the bus 1250 hrs a week and 350 miles
there isn't 1250 hours in a week, there are only 168 so maybe you meant 12.5 hours?
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#55 Oct 11, 2011
Ethan Hunter Gann wrote:
<quoted text> Im a student who had to go to another campus after the close i am on the bus 1250 hrs a week and 350 miles
1250 hrs a week? 350 miles in a bus only takes about 8 HRS.
Tod

Cabot, AR

#56 Oct 11, 2011
" i didnt learn anything the whole time i was there." Yes, and it shows.
no names wrote:
i went to school there for couple of years i hated some people where mean and i didnt learn anything the whole time i was there no saying all the classes where that way but most where school important you have to learn things in school to go to college and make a career for yourself.
bull

United States

#57 Oct 12, 2011
Curmudgeon | Nov 9, 2010

Ask any realtor if land sells for more in the pocahontas school district than land in the other districts. Pocahontas just had a millage election so now the millage rate dropped on my land. ORC had the highest millage in the county. That is bs may taxes are higher than was at orc
Churmudgeon

Bexar, AR

#58 Oct 12, 2011
bull wrote:
Curmudgeon | Nov 9, 2010
Ask any realtor if land sells for more in the pocahontas school district than land in the other districts. Pocahontas just had a millage election so now the millage rate dropped on my land. ORC had the highest millage in the county. That is bs may taxes are higher than was at orc
However facts are facts. My taxes are indeed lower. And property in the Pocahontas school district has a higher market value than the surrounding district.
bull

United States

#59 Oct 12, 2011
Who cares about the higher value of property when you don't ever plan on selling the fact is mine did go up so orc wasn't highest as you claimed. I'm still not happy over the whole deal. There was other ways to handle it. Not close it. Changing of the leader ship from top too bottom was what could have been done just my option
Churmudgeon

Bexar, AR

#60 Oct 13, 2011
bull wrote:
Who cares about the higher value of property when you don't ever plan on selling the fact is mine did go up so orc wasn't highest as you claimed. I'm still not happy over the whole deal. There was other ways to handle it. Not close it. Changing of the leader ship from top too bottom was what could have been done just my option
Bull
wack em

United States

#61 Oct 13, 2011
wonder wrote:
how did the weiner school near jbr that officially closed last spring reopen as a charter school?
what was the difference that allowed it to do that?
were biggers and twin rivers given that option?
Weiner and Harrisburg consolidated and the Weiner campus is open for now. Its the same situation as Delaplaine and GCT. Harrisburg can close the Weiner campus at the end of the school year if they want.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr --Bad Dad-- 39,433
Mandy Trivitt 12 hr bad juju. 24
looking for my daughter's biological father (Jul '15) Sat Imtobig73 3
new girl Sat Harry 3
Brenda holliday jame qualls Fri Donna 2
NICE Mobile Home for Sale (Jul '09) Thu Resident 17
Highland Rebels mascot is confederate white sup... (Jun '15) Sep 21 razorback72513 86

Williford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Williford Mortgages