Williamsville Nursing Home Named One ...

Williamsville Nursing Home Named One of Worst in Country

There are 156 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Feb 22, 2008, titled Williamsville Nursing Home Named One of Worst in Country. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

A Williamsville nursing home has been named one of the worst in the country by the federal government.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

purplepie

United States

#42 Feb 23, 2008
YES IT'S THE STAFF THAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE IN NURSING HOME'S. GET RID OF THE BAD ONE'S AND YOU WILL SEE THE DIFFERENCE. AND I SAY "GET OLDER WORKER's,THEY CARE MORE THAN YOUNG ONE'S. I KNOW I HAVE WORKED IN MANY OF THEM.
still not gettin it

Buffalo, NY

#43 Feb 23, 2008
purplepie wrote:
YES IT'S THE STAFF THAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE IN NURSING HOME'S. GET RID OF THE BAD ONE'S AND YOU WILL SEE THE DIFFERENCE. AND I SAY "GET OLDER WORKER's,THEY CARE MORE THAN YOUNG ONE'S. I KNOW I HAVE WORKED IN MANY OF THEM.
that should start from the top and work their way down there should be charges pressed and people should go to jail for neglect
still not gettin it

Buffalo, NY

#44 Feb 23, 2008
the higher ups need to come out of their office and walk the floors and see for themselves they are usualy clueless as to what realy goes on if you have family in one of these places put a hidden camera in their room

if you care
Eric

Buffalo, NY

#45 Feb 23, 2008
pepin wrote:
Eric do you work for Weinberg? Joe if you can take her home.
I did for a little while in my 2 years in skilled. It's not owned by Zacher.
Eric

Buffalo, NY

#46 Feb 23, 2008
joe wrote:
eric,thank you for the information. I am in the Buffalo area right now and will check it out. thanks again.
Sure, np. I don't know how much the rent is per month though.
Happy

United States

#47 Feb 23, 2008
Again move them all to the Absolut chain as we now have a union and we will be filthy rich!!! We will take good care of them all. Izzy Sherman is a better man than Zacher any day.....GO ABSOLUT
A Caring CNA

Lancaster, NY

#48 Feb 24, 2008
joe wrote:
my mother is at this nursing home, how do we go about moving her? if anyone out there knows of a good nursing home please let me know. I think they are all the same any where you go.
I know of a very good nursing home! The Erie County Home. We have a very well put together home. It's very clean and 98% of the staff is wonderful. Bring your mother to us, we'll take good care of her.
darkside6001

Berea, KY

#49 Feb 24, 2008
To all those people who have mentioned their own personal experiences with this facility and others. This not only includes family and friends but ambulance personal and others. You must call NY State and complain!!!! There are agencies, policies, and the like in place to investigate and take action. Do you think this could be swept under the rug if there was a consistant barrage of complaints? How do you people sleep at night? Yet you are on here complaining, in a forum that has no authority to investigate and fix it. Thankfully my grandparents were the only experience I've had in this area. They lived in Beechwood Manor just north of the college on Millersport Highway. What a fantastic place this was. Clean throughtout, no noticeable odors except for clean smelling. Caring staff and management. My grandparents loved it there. Even after my grandpa died and a few years later my grandma lost her mind, they still cared for her extremely well. I never had a routine established as to when I would stop by for a visit, so they could not prepare her just because I or any family members were coming. I feel for those who are family members of those in this forum that complain here and not to the authorities that can make improvements. John from Sinclairville.
sad in Cheektowaga

AOL

#50 Feb 24, 2008
I know how difficult it is for some to take care of loved ones at home...but More than a few COULD have & SHOULD have been taken care of my their OWN FAMILY. Isn't that what they did for us? My Grandmother was put in a nasty home years ago,,by my very selfish Uncle, he was "In charge" the big jerk.. It killed me everything I went to see her. She was so sad. This was a women who gave her family ALL the LOVE her heart could hold..PLUS! I hope someday he gets his...but like most "Childern" who dump their parents ANYWHERE, he won't because he has the $$ to be "placed" in a good home if needed. Sound like anyone you know..Please Don't get me started on Ungrateful chlidren who abuse their parent by dumping them ANYWHERE to make it easier on themselves, then get all their $$. It makes me sick! As for that home it is dispicable.. I had to visit a so called friends parents there.. it was dispicable! SHE wouldn't get them out (which she could have) I hope some day she gets hers!!!
Rachel

Lancaster, NY

#51 Feb 24, 2008
FILE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!!!!!!!!!It is time to set an example for all the nursing homes that take money and give nothing but below average care. As the baby boomers will soon be needing these facilties do you really think they will tolerate this abuse? You wouldn't put your child in a sub par day care so why would you not fight for your parents. SUE the lowlife so he can,t continue to steal money and abuse the elderly.I bet he wouldn,t put his parents in his disgusting nursing home.
Rachel

Lancaster, NY

#52 Feb 24, 2008
This story must be kept alive. It can't be swept under the rug. This facility can't be turned into assisted living. The same nonesense will occur. The folks who run the place should have their liscense revoked so they can't go and open another horrible home under another name like they already have. This kind of press is giving Buffalo a bad name.
angry

United States

#53 Feb 24, 2008
fro all the people who rightfully complain about thos terribele facilities, go and report them, every time, don't just sit there and complain
and shame on you for putting your family members in there, is there nobody who can take care of your loved ones at home ????????
I recently talked to someone who paid 6000 a month to have their mother in a nursing home and those people want to tell me they could not have found some good nurse to work for that kind of money ? I don't know any nurses who make 6000 a month, so this is just a nother excuse of someone who just does not want to bother with their elderly
All those nursing homes should have more strictly enforced inspections, I worked in one in Lewiston years ago and believe me I would rather be dead than beeing at the mercy of those careless idiots
Nightmare

AOL

#54 Feb 24, 2008
One of the major problems with the whole nursing home situation is when it comes time for THE STATE TO DO THEIR INPECTIONS THE NURSING HOMES ARE GIVEN ADVANCE NOTICE ON WHEN THE STATE IS COMING...tHE STATE NEEDS TO DO SURPRISE INPECTIONS...When the staff is notified you should see how fast they clean everything up and start abiding by the health and safty laws and do what theyre supposed to do...but it all goes back to same crap once they have had their "survey" by the state...sorry about the caps lock earlier
Nightmare

AOL

#55 Feb 24, 2008
still not gettin it wrote:
the higher ups need to come out of their office and walk the floors and see for themselves they are usualy clueless as to what realy goes on if you have family in one of these places put a hidden camera in their room
if you care
The nursing home industry is a BUSINESS..The higher ups dont care about anything but the almighty buck as in any business.
Caregiver

AOL

#56 Feb 24, 2008
My mom was in that place and everyday I complained and tried to force them to do the normal and expected without much luck. They came to know that I would be there everyday and started to do a little better but those that didn't have someone to check on them were ignored. I have regestired many complaints and I hope that the place is closed. I would like to add that there are some aids that are worth their weight in gold but they can't do it all. My mom went 2 days before her bandages were changed no matter how many times myself and other family members complained. Her gangrene leg smelled terrible and was drianing on everything but all the promises to get to it as soon as possible were just empty promises until we called the state. This should not have to happen for normal care. The place is more than disgusting!!!! Close it down.
Former Employee

Tonawanda, NY

#57 Feb 24, 2008
HAHAHA. I got the last laugh. Without getting into the specifics, you got what you deserved. A long time coming! I worked with alot of great employee's. It was the administration and owners that lacked the smarts and carin. Especially the Sheridan drive location. nasty nasty nasty...
dave

Lockport, NY

#58 Feb 24, 2008
The best thing is to shut it down and it can't be soon enough. I have heard many horror stories about this place straight from the horses mouth and Zacher has alot of B>A>L>L>S to sue the gov. what a joke trying to take the blame off himself.I wish all the employees who work or have worked there get together and tell it like it is. If the truth were told it would have been shut down yesterday. If it should stay open and you have a family member you love do not send them to Zachers s.h.i.t h.o.l.e CLOSE IT NOW!
dave

Lockport, NY

#59 Feb 24, 2008
Oh did I mention about all the coverups that went on in this place when there was a screw up That is a story for another day
jim

Dunkirk, NY

#60 Feb 24, 2008
ive fallin and i can't get up
Linda

United States

#61 Feb 24, 2008
My mother is in this nursing home but where else does a person put a loved one who doesn't have any money. She was in assisted living but now has an endtube and can't go back to assisted living. I've gone to visit her and have given her showers myself when she was suppose to be getting two a week and now that schedule has changed and it's only 1 shower a week. If you think the place smelled of piss before what about now.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Only homosexual men study Library Science 6 hr Elwood 81
Buffalo: City of Monkeys and Donkeys 22 hr test 2
Al Sharpton, Boffalos next mayor Thu Skinny Naab 16
News Hearing on Lake Ontario flooding draws a crowd Tue CityRes 1
Family Court Judge Kevin M Carter in Erie County (Jun '11) Nov 21 Fedupwiththissystem 137
Tim demler (May '17) Nov 21 The people have s... 46
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Nov 20 Mcm123 21,338

Williamsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Williamsville Mortgages