Ricky Holland's story: Parts 1 & 2 in...

Ricky Holland's story: Parts 1 & 2 in 14-part series

There are 17 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from Dec 3, 2007, titled Ricky Holland's story: Parts 1 & 2 in 14-part series. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

On a raw January day in 2006, Tim Holland fell to his knees after leading police to the skeletal remains of his son Ricky in a Michigan swamp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

alicia sayer

Ypsilanti, MI

#1 Dec 3, 2007
i think if tim had made a report about the abuse she has given him and how she almost shot him with a shotgun that the state wouldnt have gave them adoptive rights. ricky was abused as a little child and when he was still geting abused by the hollands it didnt help him to bond and settledown and i think no child should be on ridilin...my child is very hyper but thats the way kids are.
when lisa pinched his cheeks so hard to get his attention that should have been a sign she gave the athoritys alot of signs that she isnt a fit mother.
if tim was involved with the abuse and never told anyone what she had acted like in the past he should be punished as well no child should go through that.
Batch 37 Pain is Good

Barnesville, OH

#2 Dec 3, 2007
Incinerators for the both of them....
im bella today

United States

#3 Dec 3, 2007
candy washington, hudsonville writes:

it saddened my heart to hear all the horrid things that these animals did to this child. i thought they both deserved death but life will suit them better so they can remember everday the things lisa did to ricky and that tim never did anything to stop. i pray that he never refers to himself as a man cuz a man would stay up and protect a child from being beat to death. tim and lisa deserve any and everything they get while they are in prison. ricky, rest in peace. you will never be hurt again.

i dont understand why we are hearing all of this again. to me it is a waste of the medias time. there are much more deserving people out there that could make the news.

“Lost in the middle somewhere..”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#4 Dec 3, 2007
My heart is already breaking for this poor baby and I am guessing that if this is a 14 part series then we haven't even gotten into the bad s.hit yet. I just don't understand how they were able to adopt him if all this already happened just being a foster child. This woman must have been very good at manipulation.

Whenever there are stories where it ends up with a dead child I always get very angry but it is some consolance to know that this child is no longer having to suffer abuse. Oh, and I make sure that I go home and hug my boys that much closer.

Off topic, but I have my weekly United Way donation that comes out of my paycheck directly going to the Andre Bosse Center. I hope that someday we can see a significant drop in these cases through places like the Andre Bosse Center.

Location hidden

#5 Dec 3, 2007
Batch 37 Pain is Good wrote:
Incinerators for the both of them....
I second that. This is definitely a case where I wish Michigan had the death penalty. And that is not easy to say because I was against it for a very long time.
Just Me

Grand Rapids, MI

#6 Dec 3, 2007
-LMS- wrote:
<quoted text>
I second that. This is definitely a case where I wish Michigan had the death penalty. And that is not easy to say because I was against it for a very long time.
I totally agree. When my husband and I are more financially stable and have a larger house I would love to do foster care and help these poor children that others (crazy people) can't take care of.
I am almost afraid to read the rest of the story for fear I would want to hunt these people down myself!
Taxpayer

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Dec 3, 2007
These "parents" will become a movie-of-the-week spectacle soon. They'll profit from the horrible death of a child. The courts will release these animals early.(Maybe they can move to Muskegon with the ex-con who just got out and will probably kill women again.)

Michigan should certainly have the death penalty, I agree. Just tell me where to cast my vote!

One final note to the United Way contributor - check out how much AFTER ADMINISTRATIVE COSTS your dollars get to this organization. It may be worth picking up a stamp and mailing a check direct.
bella

AOL

#8 Dec 3, 2007
What a sad story, so many familes who would love to have a child and we have this. Michigan needs to a better job of doing back ground checks on foster familes. Life in the prision system is to good for these animals, death would be a much better idea, the Bible say an eye for an eye.
hupo

Holland, MI

#9 Dec 3, 2007
take both of the loser scum bags out back and put them down.
I wouldn't urinate on either of them if they where on fire.

Location hidden

#10 Dec 4, 2007
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree. When my husband and I are more financially stable and have a larger house I would love to do foster care and help these poor children that others (crazy people) can't take care of.
I am almost afraid to read the rest of the story for fear I would want to hunt these people down myself!
I know! That is the same feeling I am having. I don't think I will be able to stomach the rest of this story. I become so outraged at the monsters that are capable of doing this to helpless children. Especially when even if I give my kids one swat across the butt I feel guilty afterwards. And I never spank them out of anger and it is ALWAYS the last resort. I give credit to anyone that would open their home to children that just need LOVE. I have often had the same idea but honestly I have my hands full with three boys and I don't think I could handle much more. Unfortunately I don't have an infinite amount of patience. But if there are people out there that do then God bless them. We actually are a foster home for dogs out of the animal shelter in Muskegon but maybe when my kids are older we would love to foster children.

Off topic but I have to say this and I am serious. Anyone please feel free to give your input on this idea.....I feel that there should be a law that requires people to have a license to reproduce. We had to go through driver's training classes to be able to drive a car. Why shouldn't people have to go through parenting classes, take home one of those life-like doll babies for a month,etc. and get a license to have children? Just a thought.

Location hidden

#11 Dec 4, 2007
Okay, that first blot is b.utt.

The second one is sp.ank.
pete

Holland, MI

#12 Dec 4, 2007
i know looks don't matter and can be deceiving, with that said, these two even look like losers.
the woman has dumb and lazy written all over her.
just the sight of these animals makes my heart race
Pete

Holland, MI

#13 Dec 4, 2007
the authorities should just release these two right in the center of to.wn and walk away.
Free hammers will be provided as will transportation to a swamp.

Location hidden

#14 Dec 4, 2007
I see the next article is on here and after reading just the caption I can't bring myself to read it. The horrors this child must have endured makes me sick and breaks my heart into a million pieces. Thank God he is in a better place.

“Secure our borders!!!”

Since: Jun 07

Muskegon, MI

#15 Dec 5, 2007
If a child come into foster services and they suspect there may have been sexual abuse with the child they need to consider some type of adoption plan . One to where the child is to go to a family who has been through consoling , training , have been members of a church , have character witnesses and able to back up all statements . Also , If a couple wants to adopted and do not meet these requirements they are placed on a list so that they are able to build up there credentials .

For the Hollands to go from no kids to 4 with in a year is unbelievable

When Lisa Holland started to complain about the child and insisted on a higher difficulty of care subsidy the case workers should have gotten the first red flag warning .

After reading parts 1&2 . I think if a family wants to adopt a child they need to take a college courses on child psychology . I think this would prove to the state that the parents to be a serious and are willing to be the best possible parent .
Now , Many of you say that is wrong . Is it ? What about the parents out there who had just given birth to a special needs child ? They have to go through a lot of training to learn how to care for there children , how to be there childs advocate etc .
I also think that the churches need to be more involved . Not the so called church organizations that look for monetary compensation for the work they do . I see many things in the first 2 chapters that bother me .

Since: Oct 07

out in the sticks

#16 Dec 5, 2007
Pete wrote:
the authorities should just release these two right in the center of to.wn and walk away.
Free hammers will be provided as will transportation to a swamp.
I'm with you! But then again, it would make us no better than them. This horrific crime should have never happened. With as many people as professionals that were involved, they should have been communicating and investigating. The signs were there. How very sad!
amichael

Byron Center, MI

#17 Dec 10, 2007
People like these dont deserve to have a child. I would have been in the same situation of that poor kid if I did not get removed from that adopted parents when 12. Even know they are sit in denile of everything. Hope reality sets in not only for my old parents but this kids also in court.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mugg & Bopps stores seized (Sep '08) Aug 14 running in the wind 7
Corrupt Cops in Perry (Oct '07) Aug 9 Maddog105 33
News Glass Pipes and Head Shops by Lansing Michigan (Jul '09) Jul '15 D man 28
2002 dodge stratus won't start Jun '15 Jsackett33 1
Review: Bd's Mongolian Grill (Nov '14) Nov '14 Amanda 1
Debate: Ferguson - Okemos, MI (Aug '14) Aug '14 Impose martial law 1
News High Water Bills Hit Williamston (Aug '14) Aug '14 brenda bartkowiak 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Williamston Mortgages