Lumber company worker dies in auger a...

Lumber company worker dies in auger accident

There are 9 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Mar 1, 2011, titled Lumber company worker dies in auger accident. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

A worker at a north-central Pennsylvania lumber company was killed after police say his clothing got caught in an auger.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

nothing new with GOP

Manheim, PA

#1 Mar 2, 2011
The anti government Republican Party is back in charge of worker safety laws.

I'm shocked that Corbett and his fellow Republicabs areeven still funding the FOSHA.
carl

Lebanon, PA

#2 Mar 2, 2011
a guy dies and you have to try and make it political.. pathetic

but then again you should know about shock, you probably have been many times at Philhaven
Bonehead

United States

#3 Mar 2, 2011
nothing new with GOP wrote:
I'm shocked that Corbett and his fellow Republicabs areeven still funding the FOSHA.
Sorry, but stupid is stupid. And working on equipment like this should not be part of a stupid person's job. I am saddened by the fact someone lost their life needlesly, but what part of "keep hands and feet from..." messages is that hard to understand. And I agree with previous poster. How poor you must exploit a loss of life for political, and unnecessary reason. Sad, just plain sad.

Since: Nov 10

Lebanon, PA

#4 Mar 2, 2011
nothing new with GOP wrote:
If You're a Liberal, It's OK to be a Jerk....
johneutah

Lebanon, PA

#5 Mar 3, 2011
Bonehead wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but stupid is stupid. And working on equipment like this should not be part of a stupid person's job. I am saddened by the fact someone lost their life needlesly, but what part of "keep hands and feet from..." messages is that hard to understand. And I agree with previous poster. How poor you must exploit a loss of life for political, and unnecessary reason. Sad, just plain sad.
Your name fits you well! There are things called accidents, and by just reading the article you have no idea what exactly happened.
Bonehead

United States

#6 Mar 3, 2011
johneutah wrote:
<quoted text>
Your name fits you well! There are things called accidents, and by just reading the article you have no idea what exactly happened.
And from your approach, anyone using such equipment can stick things in it without thinking of the consequences... Perhaps you are dumb enough to walk on railroad tracks wearing headphones with a train coming so that you can not hear it and then call it an accident when you get run over. I call it stupid. And I have investigated more "accidents" than you could ever imagine. But thats ok. Oh...don't wear loose clothing and stop the machine before working on it.

Either way, I am sad he lost his life. It is an accident!(That occurance in a sequence of events that results in unintended injury, damage, or death). But it was likely occasioned by stupidity. Sorry...thats the way it is.

If his company viloated law or rule by having inappropriate guards on the equipment, or lack of safety training, etc, then I hope they are prosecuted for some form of homicide as the law will permit. Warmest Regards, Bonehead.
johneutah

Lebanon, PA

#7 Mar 3, 2011
I understand stupidity completely, and indeed this may have been a case of it. I just wanted to know some more info as to what exactly happened before I drew my own conclusions. The story really didnt go into much detail pertaining to the event which led to his demise.
oh my

Wendell, NC

#8 Mar 5, 2011
theBorg wrote:
<quoted text>
If You're a Liberal, It's OK to be a Jerk....
apparently!!!! liberalism is a disease...
oh my

Wendell, NC

#9 Mar 5, 2011
tough and very dangerous line of work to be in...damn...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
J.K. Rishel Furniture Company (Aug '07) Jul 15 Renie Scott 51
Mary Griggs of Mountoursville Jul '15 Allan 2
News Bill seeks to limit pension burdens Jun '15 silly rabbit 1
Hot bartender at Crown Hill golf course Jun '15 Wow 1
News Camp Hill firm promises alternative to natural ... Jun '15 Minetoknow 1
News AG: Six More Philadelphia Men Caught in Predato... Apr '15 gogo 1
News Williamsport Shooting Spree (Jan '08) Apr '15 fight with fists 48
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Williamsport Mortgages