First Prev
of 3
Next Last
RStankavich

Columbus, OH

#43 Apr 25, 2012
I have an early 1900's J.K. Rishel Furniture Co bedroom suite...queen head board, curved footboard and all rails and slats...and a matching dressing table with a tri-fold mirror. Can anyone give me some idea of what these items are worth?

I also have a solid oak Hoosier kitchen table and 4 chairs - whitewash finish with black accents...I'd like to find a value for it as well
Kathleen

Lymm, UK

#44 May 9, 2012
I have an antique sideboard/buffet/server and would like more details on it ie value
Ridge Runner

AOL

#45 May 14, 2012
William wrote:
JK Rishel was the first job that I had,$1.25/hr and all the roaches you could catch...
I worked at Rishel's in the early 1980's and it was an awful, AWFUL place to work for. Best thing I ever did was to quit working at that hell-hole and move on.
russell griffiths

Whitehorse, Canada

#46 May 25, 2012
i have a 12pc dinning room suite j.k rishel furniture co that i am looking to sell the first
owner was the commonwealth of pennsylvania dept of
labor and industry harrisburg registry no. 194 m.f.g in 1923
Jessica

United States

#48 Jan 12, 2013
I have my grandmothers J.K. Rishel bedroom set,1925ish era.I have the bed, headboard, footboard, high dresser with mirror, low dresser with mirror and vanity dresser with mirror and bench.The dressers and bed frame are on wheels. I had it appraised back in mid 1990's by an antique dealer in Denver, Pa. He appraised it at 1700.00, which I think was low.
Don Atkins

Hockessin, DE

#49 Jan 15, 2013
I have a table 6' long and 3' wide that I use as a desk. At one time it was a conference table in a Wilmington, DE government office. It was going to be discarded but it looked like it would serve as a good desk and I recovered it and had it refinished it. There is nice inlay work and it has solid brass drawer pulls on two sides and brass feet. It is solid wood but I am unsure of the species. The markings inside the drawers indicates it is a Rishel Desk manufactured by J.K. Rishel Furniture CO., Williamsport, PA. If anyone can provide information regarding value or other details, I would be appreciative.
Ana

El Paso, TX

#50 Jan 19, 2014
Hi, I have a u.s. government 5 drawer filing cabinet/desk. It is stamped in the back with bold black letters that include MSN #, cont #, spec # and Rishel Furniture Co dated 12/79. I would like to know how much it's worth or if I should get rid of it. It's in excellent condition and has metal handles. I can send a picture to whomever has information regarding value, thank you in advance.
2BURMDAD

Sarasota, FL

#51 Mar 22, 2014
I'm doing some data work for Wmsport as in 1950 and it brought back memories of some visits I made to the Rishel factory circa 1970-73.

The factory looked like a pretty rugged place as a couple of the posters are saying. I was young and knew little about furniture (not until I married in 1975). At that time they were big in office furniture esp on govt contracts. Of course, all the current OSHA requirements were not in effect then, and the factory buildings were OLD.

I think the family still owned and controlled and vaguely remembered that they sold out in the 1970s, but it could have been later, as my contact ended.
Ron Wahila

Elmira, NY

#52 Dec 10, 2014
I have a dresser from the 1890s with a JK Rishel tag on it.
Suzanne

Ipswich, MA

#53 Feb 21, 2015
Craig wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you had any luck on finding out how much the set appraises for? I have a similar set that I'd like to sell. Have no idea how it ended up here in Dallas
I still have the JK Rishel dining set, 7 years later! I have sold the table and 4 chairs for $600.
Check out www.stricklymission.com for some price references.
If you did sell your set, what did you get for it? I have tentative buyers for the side board, mirror and curved glass China cabinet.

Any and all input would be helpful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Williamsport, PA (Dec '10) Mar 21 randy 43
trans Mar 16 randy 1
News Is there a fix to car-jarring deep manhole covers? (Dec '07) Mar 12 David Abbott 9
ECM Realty Jan '15 curious 1
News Kids Thank Cops on Law Enforcement Appreciation... Jan '15 packrat 1
facesitting Jan '15 Mysterymam 1
News Homes Mapped Into And Out Of Floodplains Dec '14 kartwiz 1
Williamsport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Williamsport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]