child support question
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
angie

Delbarton, WV

#1 Nov 11, 2012
when does a man get a break on child support in wv? my ex changed jobs and took a pay cut to reduce his child support! real loser.
knower

Pikeville, KY

#2 Nov 11, 2012
When they grow up or he dies!!Thats just simple!I have paid child support for 10 years now and have not been able to visit them the whole time.1 is in college and the other turns 14 very shortly.Women have men right where it counts in that state.So if your gonna have kids,you better be serious about seeing your responsibility through!!I know not all women or men are the same,but I have seen the advantage of paying even though I dont see them.I can hold my head high and she will have to face that truth sooner or later!!Won t you Dawn F.!!!!You can lie to yourself,but thats all!!
hello

Delbarton, WV

#3 Nov 11, 2012
my ex wont wor draws unemployment and pays next to nothing how is that fair?
justolme

Inez, KY

#4 Nov 12, 2012
Because hes unemployed.. Women depend to much on child support and not on their own self to get out and get a job. Not saying men shouldn't have to pay child support, but they def. shouldn't have to keep the ex up too.. Grow up women and learn to support yourself
Not hardly

Charleston, WV

#5 Nov 12, 2012
I have a 15 year old son. My ex was ordered to pay $50 a month and he never paid that unless it was the rare occasion where he did work for a month or so. The only reason he has half of his back child support paid now is that he got a settlement from Comp and they held it out before he got a dime! What happened to holding it out when he was working. If he had a settlement from comp he obviously worked and the child support amount should have been adjusted. WV Child support sucks!
just my opinion

Belfry, KY

#6 Nov 12, 2012
Ladies please quit your b***itchen, you picked these men to sire your offspring.

You wanted a badboy, and you got a badboy. Perhaps you should have set your sights just a little higher than the beltbuckle, and chose a man to procreate with.
worker

Delbarton, WV

#7 Nov 12, 2012
how many have more than one daddy@
fatboy

Milton, WV

#8 Nov 12, 2012
when a man and women has kids and than the man and women split up the man has to pay child support well the is fine but when the state steps in and takes the kid from the women why is it that the man still have to pay the child support and the women dont have to pay antthing at all but in the case iam talking about i would love to have my baby with me at all times but my babby is with the othe papaw and mamaw but i dint care to pay my child support but i ask why dont she have to pay any thing to me it looks like she would have to she has antohre child and she dont have it and she pays no child support on it why not i ask
justolme

Inez, KY

#9 Nov 13, 2012
@ Fatboy... I am a step-mother and I'd be just content with having the priveledge of keeping my kid. Why are you worried about child support?
Country Girl

Fort Wayne, IN

#10 Nov 14, 2012
fatboy wrote:
when a man and women has kids and than the man and women split up the man has to pay child support well the is fine but when the state steps in and takes the kid from the women why is it that the man still have to pay the child support and the women dont have to pay antthing at all but in the case iam talking about i would love to have my baby with me at all times but my babby is with the othe papaw and mamaw but i dint care to pay my child support but i ask why dont she have to pay any thing to me it looks like she would have to she has antohre child and she dont have it and she pays no child support on it why not i ask
Why don't you have custody of your child??

If the state is caring for your child....The least you can do is pay child support to help offset the expenses for the child.

And yes, the Mother should have to contribute toward the expenses of raising the child.
lovedlady

Inez, KY

#11 Nov 14, 2012
I have two teenage girls. Their father was ordered in 2005 to pay $770 a month. Within those seven years I haven't seen a few hundred, let a lone the amount that was ordered. Now he had two other children that wants for nothing. It's funny how some men can take care of some of his children and not the rest. I have a good job so they don't go without. WV needs to crack down on dead beat Dad's and Mothers.
notright

Inez, KY

#12 Nov 14, 2012
what kills me is the men that pay their child support but the mothers who gets it uses it to get their hair fixed, and to support themselves too.
it is child support not child and ex support.
but you try tell a woman that lol
Bluejay

Prestonsburg, KY

#13 Nov 14, 2012
lovedlady wrote:
I have two teenage girls. Their father was ordered in 2005 to pay $770 a month. Within those seven years I haven't seen a few hundred, let a lone the amount that was ordered. Now he had two other children that wants for nothing. It's funny how some men can take care of some of his children and not the rest. I have a good job so they don't go without. WV needs to crack down on dead beat Dad's and Mothers.
Why don't you see a family attorney and do something about the situation? Even if you're providing your daughters with their basic needs, they may need funds one day to complete their education and get their start in life.
justolme

Inez, KY

#14 Nov 15, 2012
Just being honest.. For the records I am a female and don't agree with alot that goes on with a child with divorced parents. A women MAJORITY of the time gets paid way to much for a child.. As you said 770 a month (even tho you haven't receieved that) Really? what person spends 770 bucks on their child a month.. Yes you feed, cloth, keep them warm.. But seriously if you think about it 770 dollars would not go to a child or two children... Why is it two ppl make the decesion to have a child, but when they seperate the woman expects the man to pay all the cost in not only the child, but their mothers monthly expenses as well.
I understand by all means the mother getting custody, but I think the father should get the child every weekend, not every other weekend. How sad is that that a father would have to go that long before seeing their children? how could a child even remain close to their father without going that long to see them.. And then if a mother does allow the father to see the child more (MOST) of the women act as if the father should owe them something more.. As if paying for their life for 18 years isn't enough? People need to put their child at thought at every decision made for that child.. Not their own selfish wants!!! If women had the situation reversed on them, I think they would be more understanding to the daddy's that actually give a damn!!!
momof2

Prestonsburg, KY

#15 Nov 15, 2012
My ex-husband was court ordered to pay child support and I haven't seen a dime of it,but I still let him see his kids and he also gets them for every holiday!!. I also have to meet him halfway to drop them off because he lives in Arkansas. I do have a job but the child support helps with the gas I pay out of pocket to take them to meet thier dad. The kids deserve to have that money.
justolme

Inez, KY

#16 Nov 15, 2012
I'm not trying to argue with you, but you are telling me if you received 770 dollars you are going to give that to your children, I think not.. I mean there are some women that do better by their children than most, but MOST do not. You could be one of those that do right by their children, but most do not.. I think a woman should be just as responsible for her children as a man.. So if your ex husband was ordered to pay 770.. then I think you should contribute 770.. Now do you really think 1540 is spent a month on two children?
justolme

Inez, KY

#17 Nov 15, 2012
and I would say.. If he did not pay a dime of child support I would request he come pick the children up and there would be meeting no half way unless he wouldn't do it and my children was bothered by it
newsome

Belfry, KY

#18 Nov 15, 2012
when me and my wife split up i just gave here money out of every payday and we was fine with the way it worked but the state ordered me and my ex to court to discuss child support and we went and she told them see was happy with our arrangment and i was a good father but we just didnt fit together and got everything worked out with them but it turns out they didnt even want me to pay as much as i was giving her and she told them that so they just let us do it like we had been....what makes me mad that if the ex wife fine with the arrangment and im givin her more money then they would have orded mewhy the heck they even get in our bussiness
Not hardly

Charleston, WV

#19 Nov 16, 2012
I have never depended on child support and I still don't think its right for a man or woman either one to not support their children. I went to school , got my degree and have supported my son and wouldn't change a thing about it. I do however understand how these women feel. I also understand how a man feels when he pays and pays and the women spend and spend and never spend it on the child!!! The only people all this ever truly hurts is the children!!!
fatboy

Pratt, WV

#20 Nov 19, 2012
no u took it the wrong way i do pay my child support and i dont care to i want to i just wanted to no why she dont have to pay anything at all that is what i would like to no and i think that if a man can help have a baby he should take care of it no matter what and if he dont he is no better than the paper i wipe my ass on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Fri Jenna James 1,261
Mike Bucci Fri Debt collector 1
Mingo County Sheriff candidates in the coming e... (Oct '15) Thu Election fan of fans 70
Where did Damian Williamson transfer to Apr 27 Baby girl 6
melissa burns Apr 27 Melissa 9
News Engagement Announcement: Apr 27 Sandy 1
Why is Pikeville doing so well Apr 26 big jim 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Williamson Mortgages