How to get to King Coal from Williams...

How to get to King Coal from Williamson side?

Posted in the Williamson Forum

traveler

United States

#1 Nov 3, 2011
To access the highway, do u take Rt 65 at Delbarton like your heading to Matewan? I remember years ago goin over a Mtn. between Delbarton and Matewan. Does the highway run to the top of that Mtn. and it comes out on top of Horsepen Mtn.?
1 post removed
Citizen

Logan, WV

#3 Apr 28, 2012
traveler wrote:
To access the highway, do u take Rt 65 at Delbarton like your heading to Matewan? I remember years ago goin over a Mtn. between Delbarton and Matewan. Does the highway run to the top of that Mtn. and it comes out on top of Horsepen Mtn.?
Traveler, the road you actually take is Rt. 52, not Rt. 65. Rt. 65 takes you into downtown Delbarton. If you want to access the King Coal Highway from Williamson, you will take Rt. 52 through East Williamson. Once you have crossed the mountain into Delbarton, you will hang a right at the foot of the mountain-this keeps you on Rt. 52. Will come to a turnoff to cross Mary Taylor Mtn-the mountain between Delbarton & Matewan as you call it. Once you are on top of Mary Taylor Mtn., you will turn left onto the King Coal Highway. The highway does come out on top of Horsepen Mtn. Hope this helps!
Payback

Charleston, WV

#4 Apr 28, 2012
It's hard to give directions to the road from nowhere.
good news

Pikeville, KY

#5 Apr 28, 2012
screw king coal! i say if you really want an exciting time, we need to get king kong up in here!
nowwvstate

Hungary

#6 May 1, 2012
help with

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ricoh man John alley 12 hr Drema 1
News Kanawha health officials offer tips to stay coo... Sun Fuzz 3
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Sun Water Boi 1,378
Is RANDY CASEY CHEATIN on his GIRLFRIEND Sun humm 4
Health Deparrment ratings Jul 23 Not surprised 2
R.I.P Madison Ward (Mar '09) Jul 23 WMStudent2007 2011 58
Mike Bucci Jul 23 Italian4life 16

Williamson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance