Mike Thornsbury Arrested
nunya

Nashville, TN

#24 Aug 15, 2013
simon says wrote:
<quoted text>there going back 5yrs on casses some should be in jail they might have a retrail on alot of ppl' the lady who rights down what he says ' was friging him she messed up alot of trils there rechecking them' alot more will go to jail that should have been' there already checking all the court house offices hehe book em dano
It's not "the lady who writes down what he says." That would be the court reporter. This was his secretary. She answers the phone, arranges hearings, types up letters, etc.
1 post removed
Mingo Mama

Charleston, WV

#26 Aug 15, 2013
Does anyone know the names of Thornsbury's secretary & her husband? Who are they?
1 post removed
secretary

Orlando, FL

#28 Aug 15, 2013
Kim Woodru**
Employee Directory

Ashland, KY

#29 Aug 15, 2013
Mingo Mama wrote:
Does anyone know the names of Thornsbury's secretary & her husband? Who are they?
http://www.mingocountywv.com/EMPLOYEE.html
Bethany

United States

#30 Aug 15, 2013
Well, I can say that one of my family members is actually IN JAIL right now because he was "caught" with the "judges" grand daughter in the "judges" house!
Scales of Justice

Gilbert, WV

#31 Aug 15, 2013
Yes,indeed "Where's My Cane," What about Big D. threatening a helpless elderly lady,see she's not the only one he's threatened as well,He has threatened many other's. Other's who knew they would pay hell if they told the law.Violation's of a person's civil liberties. Violations of the Law.Maybe if the Feds would seize the Courthouse and the State,County,and City PD's citizens will come forward and stand for Liberty,Justice,Equality, and Freedom for all. See I fought for our Country,our State,our County,our Community,our Fallen Brothers and Sisters.All gave some ,some gave all.For us to stand idly by and allow this corruption to continue by what a few nasty,dirty,low down scum put together as TEAM who??? Not my Mingo!!!! U aren't on my Team,see my Team are the good,decent,GOD FEARING folks of Mingo County. Go back 10 years check full record from the County and cross reference them with six individual people,All of whom sit in Office today and then you will be able to find the loose ends to tie up.Proofs in the financial trails,transactions,Bid packets, cash exchanges.Can't hide what you think is already hidden. Shame on you!!! May God have mercy on your souls. Remember John 3:16!!!! Judge not lest ye be Judged!
Just a guy fed up6059

Williamson, WV

#32 Aug 15, 2013
Kim and Robert Woodruff .....

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201308150046
Free man

Beckley, WV

#33 Aug 15, 2013
Team Mingo ? Ha, how about Ali Babba and the forty thieves!
nunya

Nashville, TN

#34 Aug 15, 2013
Finch wrote:
... Not clear as to whether he will resume his role as judge!?... Really!? Put that P.O.S back on the bench?! If that happens, then we may as well just scrap our legal system altogether!
If even half of it is true he will not have a law license much longer. The state bar will have no problem seeing to it.
yes i no

Charleston, WV

#35 Aug 15, 2013
he's in federal jail singing like a bird' on everone that is doing wrong in mingo co.' to try to free his ass he took alot of money' and pill scrips from pa's doctors ect for yrs' to keep his girlfriday happy' half of williamson will soon be in jail
Mingo girl

Elkview, WV

#36 Aug 15, 2013
A Mingo County judge facing federal charges also faces a complaint by the West Virginia Supreme Court's administrator.

The Supreme Court said administrative director Steve Canterbury filed the complaint against Circuit Court Judge Michael Thornsbury with the Judicial Investigation Commission on Thursday after the court learned of the indictment.

The Supreme Court could suspend Thornsbury with or without pay if probable cause is found that he violated the Code of Judicial Conduct or is unable or unwilling to perform his official duties.

The court also said in a news release that Senior Status Judge John Cummings has agreed to serve in Mingo County. Senior Status Supreme Court Justice Thomas McHugh would assist as needed.
Mingo girl

Elkview, WV

#37 Aug 15, 2013
An attorney said the Mingo County couple at the center of a criminal indictment against Circuit Judge Michael Thornsbury is shocked, scared and seeing their lives turned upside-down.

Thornsbury was indicted on federal conspiracy charges Thursday after what prosecutors say was a five-year attempt to frame Robert Woodruff. They say Thornsbury wanted to eliminate him as a romantic rival after Kim Woodruff tried to break off an affair with the judge. Kim Woodruff was Thornsbury's secretary.

Charleston attorney Mike Callaghan represents the Woodruffs, who plan to sue Thornsbury.

Prosecutors said Thornsbury tried to frame Robert Woodruff for assault, larceny and drug possession.

Callaghan represented Robert Woodruff in court on the claims, which he called suspicious. But he says he was shocked to learn Thornsbury was behind the charges.
Mingo girl

Elkview, WV

#38 Aug 15, 2013
Charleston , Kanawha County , West Virginia

According to Steve Canterbury, the Judicial Investigation Commission has suspended Judge Michael Thornsbury without pay and has suspended his law license pending the outcome of an investigation.
Lol

Logan, WV

#39 Aug 15, 2013
Back In The NY Groove wrote:
I wonder if Jarrod and Michael are next? Jarrod runs with the Staties, then tells every thing they are doing.
jarred was named in Thornsburys indictment. It said he helped him do these things to rw
concerned friend

United States

#40 Aug 15, 2013
I know all of this is very bad, but please remember these men have family's that are not involved in all of this. They still love their fathers and grandfathers.
opinion

Pikeville, KY

#41 Aug 15, 2013
I don t think anyone is blaming there famalies.I do however think they should step forward and let out some of those sins they have seen.But that is between them,God and The FBI.I do think most decent people won t involve their family but they also need to remember that these people that got railroaded had family and it was local people also.So when you lay your heads down tonight?Please say a prayer for all of the loved ones and help them all find some peace.It s gonna take a lot for them to heal.
Just a guy fed up6059

Williamson, WV

#42 Aug 15, 2013
Well thanks again to the crooks we are now international news.
yep

Williamson, WV

#43 Aug 15, 2013
I SAY wrote:
nope, sorry.
U.S. Attorney Booth Goodwin said none of the men accused of helping Thornsbury in his "campaign to persecute" Robert Woodruff will be charged. However, "the investigation into Mingo County corruption is ongoing," he said.
Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/08/15/50844...
1 post removed
sugar

Williamson, WV

#45 Aug 15, 2013
i had been seriously going to feds because i couldnt trust anyone to talk to.I WILL BE NOW!
1 post removed
secretary

Orlando, FL

#47 Aug 15, 2013
concerned friend wrote:
I know all of this is very bad, but please remember these men have family's that are not involved in all of this. They still love their fathers and grandfathers.
And, these men have wreaked havoc on the citizens of our county for a very long time. They are elected officials! One was hiding behind his judicial robes, for crying out loud! There should be vociferous cries of protest and outrage! My only prayer is that they go after ALL of them, including the recent brown-nosing appointees and anyone else that sat daily at the "crooks" table in Starters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum 3 hr u sure 788
News Big Drug Bust 9 hr Coming Soon 4
News Williamson Mayor Resigns 10 hr nemesis 26
News Troopers continue pot eradication 15 hr Good Grief 1
dont eat at taco bell (Nov '09) Sep 2 Ashlee 101
News WPD diffuses potential hostage situation Sep 2 samcro prez 2
city gym guy (Jun '09) Sep 1 Swole 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Williamson Mortgages