id like to know who or how u get in w...

id like to know who or how u get in whs hall of fame

Posted in the Williamson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
saved

Daytona Beach, FL

#1 Sep 20, 2012
someone enlighten me on this subject i know a few deserving former players who made pretty darn good men and women out of themselves for the values they learned under coach roody and coach bankston who decides who goes in id like to know
saved

Daytona Beach, FL

#2 Sep 20, 2012
sorry misspelled roddy got to excited ahite
Friend

Prestonsburg, KY

#3 Sep 20, 2012
They pick who they want to pick, it's always been like that. It's so funny at some of the ones that they have picked, when they are so many former players. IT'S A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!
yankees

Charleston, WV

#4 Sep 20, 2012
most of the people selected are worthy of being included..there are several former athletes that excelled in their sports during their era that have not been considered that should be. my gripe is there are more and more being chosen who are fine people, but never played sports of any kind at whs, and were inducted by virture of their activities after high school, and also there are several who just plain got in that didnt deserve to to the point its insulting. sometimes its forgotten that the name of the instition is "williamson high school athletic hall of fame"
saved

Daytona Beach, FL

#5 Sep 20, 2012
who decides it petal hatfield he dont know crap no wonder good high school players never come back to coach or make that area better i know a great player who played football for coach bankston and he is a great football coach at a local high school in florida where most of wvu recruits and florida is one of the best states for football in the country just keep running good coaches away when all they care about is where there going for happy hour and decide who goes in that way unreal
MARK

Logan, WV

#6 Sep 20, 2012
there is a committee who votes not just peetle. people send in nominations and they vote on it send in letters and see if your people make it. maybe enough people dont nominate people.
saved

Daytona Beach, FL

#7 Sep 21, 2012
i just heard that one of the greatest players i ever known was recently given his life to the lord billy bryant bam bam praise the lord he now lives in panama city florida now there is reason enough to be elected in amen i bet alot of people in williamson didnt know not only was he a great football player but a east end boy amen and a golden glove champion those east end boys where some great players no wonder with a great coaches they had orville wingo butch beckett to name a few but there were some good players from east end thats what helped whs in sports i can name about 30 good football players from east end how bout you
I totally agree

Danville, CA

#8 Sep 25, 2012
East End ruled, the Porter Boys (Billy, Darren and Bobby), the Horne boys (Ronnie and Jeff), the Leftwich boys (Jimmy and Chris),(Stan Jude), Terry Dillon, the Johnson's all of them (Vergil, Ronnie, Noah and Giddle), Keny Price, the Wallace boys (Billy and William) Mike and Charlie Blackwell, and many many more, Why are none of them in the WHS Hall of Fame?
Captain Less-Obvious

Logan, WV

#9 Sep 25, 2012
I would like to know why WHS bothers having a Hall of Fame.
ElCapitan Obvious

United States

#10 Sep 26, 2012
Captain Panty Face wrote:
I would like to know why WHS bothers having a Hall of Fame.
You are not just less obvious you are totally oblivious. Panty face.
saved

Daytona Beach, FL

#11 Sep 27, 2012
not only the ones u mention but ralph atkins tony ramella jerome washington robyn smith chuck smith jerry mounts there to many to name but every year the east end elks won the midget league championship we won it all three years i played quiet handly too i might add all the rest could not hold our jock straps and they wonder why whs had a football program because it filtered out of the best program in mingo county east end to jr high and then high school get em in there people they did rule
Capitan Obvious

Winchester, KY

#12 Sep 27, 2012
saved wrote:
not only the ones u mention but ralph atkins tony ramella jerome washington robyn smith chuck smith jerry mounts there to many to name but every year the east end elks won the midget league championship we won it all three years i played quiet handly too i might add all the rest could not hold our jock straps and they wonder why whs had a football program because it filtered out of the best program in mingo county east end to jr high and then high school get em in there people they did rule
What era do you speak of ?the Roddy and Bankston years were mostly o-fers as I remember especially the years with John Dillard ,Bobby Phillips ,Bigfoot And Stan the man Elkins. Big boys but hardly great football player.Now if you are talking basketball.The years of Harvey Auston ,John Dillard Wally"Claws"Loony Burky Taylor Joe Howard among others were the best teams to ever play for Williamson even though they never won a championship George Ritchie was a good coach but he was no Willie Akers.They were the one of the only teams to beat Northfork during their record setting championship run. And who could forget possibly the greatest game ever between Logan And Williamson,The Saint Valentine tripple overtime thriller won by Williamson .It was the biggest dissapointment ever when they were so high in the sectional that year they couldn't even hit the backboard and lost by about 50 points.
Capitan Obvious

Winchester, KY

#13 Sep 27, 2012
I totally agree wrote:
East End ruled, the Porter Boys (Billy, Darren and Bobby), the Horne boys (Ronnie and Jeff), the Leftwich boys (Jimmy and Chris),(Stan Jude), Terry Dillon, the Johnson's all of them (Vergil, Ronnie, Noah and Giddle), Keny Price, the Wallace boys (Billy and William) Mike and Charlie Blackwell, and many many more, Why are none of them in the WHS Hall of Fame?
Most of them made damn fine street sweepers garbage men and meter readers though.I guess that was the trade off.
I totally agree

Danville, CA

#14 Oct 1, 2012
Capitan Obvious, I would like to know which one of these men that your talking about are street sweepers, garbage men and meter readers. And I'm not talking about just Football, go back and look at all the sports, you dumb shit! Man I would love to know who your are, you hide behind your screen and run your mouth, I guarantee you any one of these men that you mention that are supposedly street sweepers, garbage men and meter readers will beat your stupid Ass!!
Elcapitan

Winchester, KY

#15 Oct 1, 2012
[QUOTE who=I got my welfare check today and already took all my pills"]Capitan Obvious, I would like to know which one of these men that your talking about are street sweepers, garbage men and meter readers. And I'm not talking about just Football, go back and look at all the sports, since I am a dumb shit! Man I would love to know who your are, so could get you from behind, love me some man booty, I guarantee you any one of these men that you mention that are supposedly street sweepers, garbage men and meter readers would suck your Ass!![/QUOTE]You haven't been to Williamson in a while have you,just check the city payroll, and I did not say all.Hell some are druggies and dealers too.But their are a few that turned out all right.
Capitan Obvious

Winchester, KY

#16 Oct 1, 2012
I totally agree wrote:
Capitan Obvious, I would like to know which one of these men that your talking about are street sweepers, garbage men and meter readers. And I'm not talking about just Football, go back and look at all the sports, you dumb shit! Man I would love to know who your are, you hide behind your screen and run your mouth, I guarantee you any one of these men that you mention that are supposedly street sweepers, garbage men and meter readers will beat your stupid Ass!!
If you totally agree,why so defensive,Mr Sandusky. The only thing you know about these guys is how much fun you had with them in the shower stalls.
whsa

Prestonsburg, KY

#17 Oct 1, 2012
Just do or deal some drugs and you are inducted! There is a few good men that deserved it , but then there are a few who haven't accomplished shit with their lives that don't deserve it!!
I totally agree

Danville, CA

#18 Oct 2, 2012
Me? Mr. Sandusky? your the one wanting some man booty you sick prick. Let me guess your on the board that selects the WHS hall of fame members that has never played any sports in their life, goes to games and watches or has coached and became a child molester? That sounds about right for you. Get a life you sick prick.
jew daddy

Sun City, FL

#19 Oct 2, 2012
Where would one address a letter to nominate a person?
Capitan Obvious

Winchester, KY

#20 Oct 2, 2012
I totally agree wrote:
Me? Mr. Sandusky? your the one wanting some man booty you sick prick. Let me guess your on the board that selects the WHS hall of fame members that has never played any sports in their life, goes to games and watches or has coached and became a child molester? That sounds about right for you. Get a life you sick prick.
You got me, I'm a Whitt just not Jimmy, Chris or Mike.Listen shit for brains Sandusky The Williamson brothers Dennis and Robert(RIP) were the best all around athletes to ever and I fking mean EVER to come out of Williamson High School and didn't have to have their daddy ,who by the way is one of the best down to earth people in that shyt infested city to find them a job. So don't ever post on a subject that you obviously don't know shyt about.By the way they played town ball and the guys you mentioned couldn't carry their jocks but I'm sure you had to clean enough of them in your lifetime couch boi...And probably still do for the midget league.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 5 hr legendfork 4,274
News City council holds special meeting to fire Blai... 8 hr Craziness 2
Richard Wright (Mar '17) 12 hr You guys all suck 62
Victoria Courts (Oct '16) Sat Nope 10
Coalfield Cap trucks ? Sat Not sure 3
Innocent Individuals Being Mistreated at Goodma... (Jul '15) Sat Stop abuse 10
old memorial hospital (Oct '09) Sat Scary 87

Williamson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance