So where do legit people go to find d...

So where do legit people go to find doctor since LPN can't write anymore

Posted in the Williamson Forum

ufiggerout

Logan, WV

#1 Nov 5, 2012
Was wondering where everyone was going now that they are going to make the LPN's stop writing any kind of meds......seems the younger generation can always get there hands on these....but people who take them for actual pain are not in the groove......
Duh

Logan, WV

#2 Nov 5, 2012
Never knew "LPN's could write any meds!

LMAO ... if you mean "NP's", sorry. They can write. The new Medicare of 2013 gives them more privileges than before. Even Mental Health. Anyone who got the new medicare book will see that.
oldtimer

United States

#3 Nov 5, 2012
There are doctors looking for new patients at both hospitals in the Tug Valley. Give people a break.
I changed doctors with a simple phone call.
Michael

Salisbury, NC

#4 Nov 5, 2012
It seems strange that a "legit person" would have to ask a question like that.
RNC7

Logan, WV

#5 Nov 5, 2012
oldtimer wrote:
There are doctors looking for new patients at both hospitals in the Tug Valley. Give people a break.
I changed doctors with a simple phone call.
Wrong! You have to be referred now.
figgeritout

Logan, WV

#6 Nov 16, 2012
RNC7 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong! You have to be referred now.
I think some dam people just want to argue...unless you haven't checked there isn't shit unless you want to pay about 300 bucks they are catering to all the retards that they have working in the mines.........
plain crazy

Prestonsburg, KY

#7 Nov 17, 2012
1st: the word retard is no longer a acceptable word,,idot.
2nd: the coal miners whom you refer too..see how we will miss them all, with the lay offs.
3rd so now we know who isnt as smart as they thought.
Just Saying

Sevierville, TN

#8 Nov 17, 2012
Just go to one of your friendly neighbors and ask if they'll sell you some pills. Hell everyone is doing it there now.
Meee

Logan, WV

#9 Nov 17, 2012
figgeritout wrote:
<quoted text>
I think some dam people just want to argue...unless you haven't checked there isn't shit unless you want to pay about 300 bucks they are catering to all the retards that they have working in the mines.........
Sorry, they don't take cash now...dumbass!
oldtimer

United States

#10 Nov 19, 2012
No, you do not have to be referred. I got tired of driving to Logan, so I called a local doctor, got an appointment and now he is my doctor.
Again, give people a break, what are you looking for? What do you want? Are you really wanting someone to take care of your blood pressure or other small ailments. Anything more serious, then yes, get a referral, from your primary doctor. No wonder Topix has such a bad name. How difficult can this be to understand.
Really

Prestonsburg, KY

#11 Nov 20, 2012
I agree with old timer people like me in their early 40's that have the onset of a very painfull and crippling disease called rheumatoid arthritis and can't really sit in a car for an hour drive to and hour back I too found a local legit dr thankfully their are still some left in the area....and by the way I work everyday with pain in my hands and hips so bad that I cry when I get home..just can't afford those injections at the pain management clinics my insurance is not that good
Really

Prestonsburg, KY

#12 Nov 20, 2012
I'm gonna keep working till my body gives out completely I refuse to be disabled and let the taxpayers take care of me
Justfiggerin

Elkview, WV

#13 Mar 8, 2013
Really has it about right these little punks from 13 to 29 have ruined a good thing that was helping older people in 40's 50's 60's with joint paint and arthritis pain. Especially the ones of us that have worked the last 30 or 40 years.....I am seeing Gutti now and not crazy about him......All I took when this stupid bullshit law that a bunch of alcoholics put into effect cut everybody out of any pain meds without going to a pain clinic........bullshitttttt. And now the people that did take it right and not party with it....actually took it for pain where they had injuries through the years are now screwed.....and the hum dinger as bad as it was with the pills. Now all the kids are either shooting or sniffing heroin or Meth......So now everybodys happy except for the people who was using it for the right thing....The party kids have moved on now to Heroin or Meth....The alcoholic politician who never take a pain pill and stay wacked half the time on your choice of liquor are happy....Its just a bunch of shit that being in your 60's and you have to give them the deed to your house to see a dam doctor.....the ones that started this shit mess to start with..........
Agree

Logan, WV

#14 Mar 8, 2013
Justfiggerin wrote:
The party kids have moved on now to Heroin or Meth....The alcoholic politician who never take a pain pill and stay wacked half the time on your choice of liquor are happy....Its just a bunch of shit that being in your 60's and you have to give them the deed to your house to see a dam doctor.....the ones that started this shit mess to start with..........
Amen!!!!
Justfiggerin

Elkview, WV

#15 Mar 8, 2013
And it seems all the people that did the right things like see the same doctor and only doctor are the ones that really got screwed. All these dam dope heads you see that are wiped out half the time was the ones who were seeing 3 or 4 doctors......so the people that was doing it right now can't hardly find a good doctor. But the dopeys that were seeing 3 or 4 are now the ones with any medicine......and the rest that can't get a doctor are doing heroin or meth.....as myself no I wasn't a druggy from the start and am not now......but it is really wrong when people do the right thing and get punished with the rest of the druggys..........

“I never LQQK back, soooooooooo”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#16 Mar 8, 2013
Really wrote:
I agree with old timer people like me in their early 40's that have the onset of a very painfull and crippling disease called rheumatoid arthritis and can't really sit in a car for an hour drive to and hour back I too found a local legit dr thankfully their are still some left in the area....and by the way I work everyday with pain in my hands and hips so bad that I cry when I get home..just can't afford those injections at the pain management clinics my insurance is not that good
I feel 4 U, Really. I think that a long drive is probably always going to be a part of trying to find a good doctor. Especially if you live in the more rural areas.
I'm not sure, but I think the laws may vary from State to State. In Florida, the Physician's Assistants are no longer able to write for any sort of narcotic. So, all of the local pain management doctors had to let their PAs and Nurse Practitioners go. It doubled the doctor's work load. He was seeing patients on Saturday, just to try and keep his head above water. Finally, he gave up his DEA number and sent all of his patients that were on any sort of narcotic pain killers elsewhere. I think the government tried to do something good and it backfired in a lot of ways.

1. Legitimate Pain pts can't get what they need
2. An addict is always going to find a way, there has been an increase in pharmacy robberies.
3. Doctor's can't use 'helpers' anymore, the ones that are legitimate are getting burnt out and/or giving up their DEA #s, not taking new pts or quitting all together.

The list just goes on... But, the shots you were talking about work good, for short term. But long term, they can also cause problems. So, it may be a blessing in disguise.
I wish you luck. Try and get some comfortable cushions for your car seats, Maybe a relative can drive you< so you could lie down and shift positions a lot in the back seat?

“I never LQQK back, soooooooooo”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#17 Mar 8, 2013
* I want to correct something I said about the PAs being able to write for narcotics. The PA may be able to write a narcotic prescription, but the patient must be seen by the doctor. So, it's of no benefit for the doctor to have a PA, because he/she still has to examine the patient. So, it doesn't help or cut down on the amount of patients the doctor sees. He still has to see every patient who requires a narcotic pain killer.
Elizabeth

Prestonsburg, KY

#18 Mar 19, 2013
Yeah but like at hoovers they wrote out serious narcotics to pts that might not have been examined in years. Did that help to make a person better or just an addict
1 post removed
tryagain

Charleston, WV

#20 Mar 24, 2013
thats bullshit cause no doctor is seeing Bettys patients........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
remembering miki koontz (Jun '09) 1 hr Margula1969 157
News Whispering at council meeting unlawful 13 hr yea 2
POS ADAM WARRIX wheres he at? 18 hr UrGonnaGetUrsPOS 1
John rouse Sun No friend 4
Fight last weekend Sat so so sad 2
News Cemetery upkeep - Sat Stick Around 2
Nothing wrong with courthouse renovation (Apr '15) May 26 was christine paid 11

Williamson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance