Do you feel our community needs to st...

Do you feel our community needs to start donating year round for our needy?

Created by Needy Families on Nov 1, 2011

15 votes

Click on an option to vote

Absolutely

Yes, more envolvement from school clubs

Needy Families

Prestonsburg, KY

#1 Nov 1, 2011
Yes, I feel more envolvement from our area churches, clubs, schools.
Why Not

Winchester, KY

#2 Nov 1, 2011
Needy Families wrote:
As long as it's for the needy and not the lazy.
Kim

Winchester, KY

#3 Nov 1, 2011
Needy Families wrote:
SCHOOLS??? Are you serious? SICKO
Mingo Man

Ona, WV

#4 Nov 2, 2011
I've found a way to donate year round that helps the needy and the environment. I recycle my aluminum cans and give the proceeds to Jacob's Well. While I've only done it once, I intend to keep it up indefinately.
ithink

Logan, WV

#5 Nov 2, 2011
I think donating to a needy cause is great, but most of the people around here just want to sit on their butt's and get high and the only ones who suffer for it are the kids, if I see a family struggling and doing their best then i step in and help but as far as feeding people when their out selling their foodstamp cards for drugs , forget it, how are you really going to help someone when they refuse to help themselves? I know of people who go to jacobs well to eat that make 2,000 a month, dont they check incomes? it should be for the people who really need it.
Jen

Louisville, KY

#6 Nov 2, 2011
I volunteer in the schools a lot and there are a lot of low income families. If you ask for children to bring in donations, only a select few do, and constantly asking for donations puts a lot of stress and demands on those families. I do think that children today are not taught social responsibility and compassion. It would be great if all kids had to do community service projects.
just me

Elkview, WV

#7 Nov 3, 2011
I dont have any extra money, but I do have time I would like to help. Any suggestions?
Mingo Man

Ona, WV

#8 Nov 3, 2011
just me wrote:
I dont have any extra money, but I do have time I would like to help. Any suggestions?
Jacob's Well needs volunteers as well as cash. I spoke to the director a few days ago and she said she had things that needed to be done in the kitchen, clean-up and organizing donated clothes. If one of those is up your alley, Jacob's Well might be the place for your time. Good luck and best wishes.
Jen

Louisville, KY

#9 Nov 3, 2011
I think the nursing home would be a great place to volunteer during this time of year. It's getting into the holiday season and many of these people are very lonely. You can just sit and chat, play cards, or plenty of other things.
1 post removed
Needy Families

Prestonsburg, KY

#11 Nov 5, 2011
Yes hun, schools can get envolved in collecting can goods, for the needy. Doing some community service, which most high schools students will need so many hours of community service to graduate. Yes, I said the NEEDY, not lazy. Kids shouldn't go hungry for no reason. Remember the reason for the season. But lets just keep it going year round. Families may be in need for alot of different reasons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police chief reworks shifts schedule - 4 hr Give credit 12
cheap apartments for rent (Sep '16) 9 hr Yup 4
I sure do miss home. (Aug '15) Mon California Dreamen 28
needing a male AKC registered Bloodhound for St... (Feb '11) Mon Auther 40
Crystal Thomas Mon Nick 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Mon RSM 4,088
Jessica Justice (Jul '11) Apr 22 MAD DOG 777 11

Williamson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance