3 in jail after visiting massey office
Observer

United States

#21 Feb 25, 2010
Gun Owner wrote:
when they came in with those chains they about scared a lady into shock. she had to be taken out in a ambulance. BIG BIG lawsuit maybe on those activists [TREEHUGGERS]
I wonder how she would fair if someone threatened to slit her kids throat like that miner did at Kayford, gathered a group to surround her like a pack of animals, if some industry shoot a blast off in her backyard, or posted stickers that read hang secretaries …
informed citizen

Oak Hill, WV

#22 Feb 25, 2010
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how she would fair if someone threatened to slit her kids throat like that miner did at Kayford, gathered a group to surround her like a pack of animals, if some industry shoot a blast off in her backyard, or posted stickers that read hang secretaries …
I've frequently mentioned that event & it's the darnest intimidation I've ever seen.

No one ran from the shirt-less, so-called thug. No one grabbed up their kids & left the area. They did GRAB their cameras & start filming & posted selected parts of the event. At one point on one that I watched, the so-called thug is walking past others & even says "excuse me". Now if that's as bad as it gets, then I'll take that any day over old time union thuggery that left folks dead from sniper bullets in the head.

Observer

United States

#23 Feb 25, 2010
ah – an immediate attempt at neutralization. Why am I not surprised? Your, thinly veiled use of sarcasm is as lacking as the use of “excuse me” in the midst of an attempt to bully and intimidate individuals who hold different views.

The key point you did make is - no body ran - far as I remember they even asked if they wanted to stay awhile and have something eat.

As for the reference to union thuggery and sniper bullets – that makes the industry look desperate.
Gun Owner

Peach Creek, WV

#24 Feb 25, 2010
sampson nemesis keep on crying ppl laughts at you all just show how stupid you all are. keep up the stupid remarks. like i said you 2 hide and let the little man go out and do your dirty work you 2 stupid ppl. go climb a tree and i will bring the water truck and spray you 2 down. you 2 going help pay the fine hell no hide piece oif shit you 2
Gun Owner

Peach Creek, WV

#25 Feb 25, 2010
nemesis and sampson how do you 2 like the MTR on martin county across from nolan wv dosen't that look wonderful. you 2 don't cry when you pass by it do you. go up there and climb a tree you 2 as* holes
nemesis

United States

#26 Feb 25, 2010
Gun Owner-Martin County used to be beautiful, and you think a mountain looking like a wasteland is beautiful? Why don't you clean up the sludge Don left in your back yard, he left Martin county looking like a third world country. If you had anything between your ears you could see that.
sampson

Prestonsburg, KY

#27 Feb 25, 2010
Gunnie , The ICG Mt Sterling MTR project is an absolutly beautiful sight. One , such as yourself , is probably proud of such utter destruction upon a mountain. And the CONSOL MTR project at Millers Creek on the West Virginia side , is just as pretty. The sad thing is : this beauty is just starting to come to light : where more people see it. Well over 150,000 acres have already been destroyed over the last thirty years in Pike Martin Counties alone. Something to be real proud of. Maybe after the floods wash your home away or the water poisons your kids : one such as yourself will be more proud than ever. It is a disgrace one cannot sleep during a heavy rain for fear of being flooded , or eat a fish caught in Tug River without fear of being poisoned Cannot wait to hear a little more of your Martin County mentality
sampson

Prestonsburg, KY

#28 Feb 25, 2010
GUN OWNER , it seems as if everyone has laughed off your feeble attemt to debate a topic. All one ever hears is the same name calling and rhetoric. Another one of dons puppets who does not have the heart to stand up for their rights.

Oh no , More name calling is on the way. I should have been afraid to speak my mind.
Gun Owner

Peach Creek, WV

#29 Feb 26, 2010
what don't you chicken shi* go to miller creek wv and chain yourself to a tree, no you all got those wet behind the year stupid treehuggers to do your dirty work. oh come to inez ky and chain yourself to a tree. I LOVE SERVICE MINING { MTR }
nemesis

United States

#30 Feb 26, 2010
Gun Owner-There's no trees left, you sat on your behind and let Massey cut them all down.
informed citizen

Oak Hill, WV

#31 Feb 26, 2010
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Court today - the guy at Kayford was convicted of verbal assault with $100 fine and 6 months unsupervised probation. Acquitted on public intoxication and disorderly conduct.
itsme

Logan, WV

#32 Feb 26, 2010
there were floods way before MTR...how do the treehuggers explain that ?
RUKIdding

Prestonsburg, KY

#33 Feb 26, 2010
what it boils down to, we need coal or we'll sit in the dark...This is our area's way of making money....Who cares if they go on a hunger strike...thats their dumba$$ fault...They should go to haiti and help do something over there...

Love our Coal Miners
Don4President

Clear Spring, MD

#34 Feb 26, 2010
RUKIdding wrote:
what it boils down to, we need coal or we'll sit in the dark...This is our area's way of making money....Who cares if they go on a hunger strike...thats their dumba$$ fault...They should go to haiti and help do something over there...
Love our Coal Miners
As straight to the point as that is, I seriously doubt the treehuggers will even understand it.
nemesis

United States

#35 Feb 26, 2010
Once again you twist the topic, they were not interfering with underground mining. Only MTR.
Don4President

Clear Spring, MD

#36 Feb 26, 2010
nemesis wrote:
Once again you twist the topic, they were not interfering with underground mining. Only MTR.
They were still going against a court order. If you were to come on my property where you have no business, I would have you arrested too.
Observer

United States

#37 Feb 27, 2010
If that is the going rate for indisputably threatening the life of minor, and a very young minor at that, in the State of West Virginia parents might want to consider whether they should be raising their youth in this State. For some reason I don’t think I am going to be to only person who takes note of the injustice you are reporting. Nonetheless, it will be very interesting to see what this States judicial system determines the going rate is for starring down an adult female.

As for the sound bite – with out coal we will be sitting in the dark, I say that is the most irrational statement I have ever heard in my life since society’s progress, not regress. In short, the Federal Government decided one day that coal would provide electricity, and one day they will decide it doesn’t. It is as simply, as that.
nemesis

United States

#38 Feb 27, 2010
I don't think these people actually harmed anyone, maybe a little overzealous, but not violent. And, nobody said coal is going to become extinct anytime soon, deep mining will go on for years. The people are inflamed about a small group of people destroying the environment around us. I do not agree with MTR, and when I learned some of the operators were spreading human sewage sludge on these sites to get vegetation to grow I oppose it even more. This stuff washes into the hollows, into the creeks, and into the rivers, and eventually winds up in everyone's drinking water. The DEP knows about this and does nothing. Even the UMWA protested against this because the don't want their members working near it. Some of them got sick.
informed citizen

Oak Hill, WV

#39 Feb 27, 2010
nemesis wrote:
I don't think these people actually harmed anyone, maybe a little overzealous, but not violent. And, nobody said coal is going to become extinct anytime soon, deep mining will go on for years. The people are inflamed about a small group of people destroying the environment around us. I do not agree with MTR, and when I learned some of the operators were spreading human sewage sludge on these sites to get vegetation to grow I oppose it even more. This stuff washes into the hollows, into the creeks, and into the rivers, and eventually winds up in everyone's drinking water. The DEP knows about this and does nothing. Even the UMWA protested against this because the don't want their members working near it. Some of them got sick.
Well, I learned something & that's to watch what I say in case someone ever wants to claim verbal abuse.

And aren't we all guilty of adding to pollution? How many don't think about it when they dump drano down the sink or clean their paint brushes or rinse the bathtub cleaner down the drain. We toss bleach in our washers & rinse the hair coloring from our heads. We got to the store & discard our empty bags in trash. Ever sniff that stainless steel cleaner after you scrub out and shine up the sink?
nemesis

United States

#40 Feb 27, 2010
informed citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I learned something & that's to watch what I say in case someone ever wants to claim verbal abuse.
And aren't we all guilty of adding to pollution? How many don't think about it when they dump drano down the sink or clean their paint brushes or rinse the bathtub cleaner down the drain. We toss bleach in our washers & rinse the hair coloring from our heads. We got to the store & discard our empty bags in trash. Ever sniff that stainless steel cleaner after you scrub out and shine up the sink?
After listening to your posts, I've come to believe your husband sits on the Board of Directors at Massey..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 56 min Dennis 4,145
Eddie Estep 3 hr Anna 3
Misty baisden & Mike collins 15 hr gossip folks 4
News Emotional final meeting for current city council - Jun 25 OneHappyMofo 2
Williamson pool? Jun 25 TipsyFromCentralC... 12
Crystal Cassell (Jun '14) Jun 24 The one to slap y... 11
John rouse Jun 24 The Past 10

Williamson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance