Riverside Elementary
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MAD

Prestonsburg, KY

#1 May 26, 2011
My neice came home yesterday crying and said that the school was having a play day. She said that the cost to go play outside all day was ONE DOLLAR. Well she didnt have a dollar. The school refused to call me and let me bring her a dollar, and aparantly noone else at the school had a dollar she could borrow( bull crap!) Instead of playing with her friends outside she had to sit in the class by herself and write the rules of the school. She was being punished for not bringing her dollar. I got a phone call at 7:45 this morning asking if I could take her $5 to school so she could play today also. What did I do- I got out of bed and took the money! Had they called yesterday I would have done the same. It is rediculous that the school treats their students like that. Those kids are the reason they get a payday. They should have called me or they could have let her play and then when I went to pick her up told me that she owed a dollar. She was mistreated and punished over OND DOLLAR. I think they should appologize to her.
PISSED

Prestonsburg, KY

#2 May 26, 2011
this is my neice as well and it is BULL that ove one dollar she had to set by herself and write the school rules..i think some actions should be takin against the teacher and the principal over this she is only 6 she dosent have a job, bank account or nothing they should have called home or just gave her the dollar and called and let us kno to bring her money back when we picked her up...I HATE WEST VIRGINIAS SCHOOL SYSTEM
OMG

Thelma, KY

#3 May 26, 2011
call the Board and anyone else you can call give em Hell!!
Mingo Man

Point Pleasant, WV

#4 May 26, 2011
OMG wrote:
call the Board and anyone else you can call give em Hell!!
This does sound unfair but I don't think we've heard the complete story. I'd like the school's side of the story.
PISSED

Prestonsburg, KY

#5 May 26, 2011
we did call the school and wa all a big lie that her mother was tellin and my neice did get to play yesterday..i would like to appologize to the teacher, princpal and BOE for this
OMG

Thelma, KY

#6 May 26, 2011
why would she lie about that?
mee

Prestonsburg, KY

#7 May 26, 2011
shes dumb she dont really take care of her child and if she needs anything she will make up lies and tell "stories" so its not HER fault she cant get things for her child when she makes more than we do
lol

Chapmanville, WV

#8 May 27, 2011
Mingo Man wrote:
<quoted text>
This does sound unfair but I don't think we've heard the complete story. I'd like the school's side of the story.
Hey everyone say hello to the Mayor lol.
lol

Chapmanville, WV

#9 May 27, 2011
mee wrote:
shes dumb she dont really take care of her child and if she needs anything she will make up lies and tell "stories" so its not HER fault she cant get things for her child when she makes more than we do
awwww sounds like someone is jealous.....
doubt it

Prestonsburg, KY

#10 May 27, 2011
lol wrote:
<quoted text>awwww sounds like someone is jealous.....
ur right im so jealous of a woman who never takes care of her child nor has never bought as much as a piece of bubblegum for that matter but yea u got me im jealous..idiot
lol

Chapmanville, WV

#11 May 28, 2011
doubt it wrote:
<quoted text>
ur right im so jealous of a woman who never takes care of her child nor has never bought as much as a piece of bubblegum for that matter but yea u got me im jealous..idiot
lol but im not a jealous idiot.
Ky schools

Logan, WV

#12 May 28, 2011
Southside Elem is a great school. Its in Ky but transfer there!
BBH

Elkview, WV

#13 May 28, 2011
Riverside is a good school. If you would read the entire thing you see that it was all a mistake.
rsmom

Gilbert, WV

#14 May 29, 2011
I think riverside is a good school but they are not very organized. I think most of the teachers go out of there way for the kids
Ice

Gay, WV

#15 May 30, 2011
Good place
Hey

Logan, WV

#16 May 30, 2011
Heard it was a good school
Educator

Charleston, WV

#17 Jun 2, 2011
Getting back to the original post, I want to set the record straight. I teach at Riverside and the event you were referring to was the Relay for Life. During the entire week the school was accepting donations from students and staff as well. For $1 they could purchase a paper cupcake which was displayed in the lobby with the donor's name. For $5 the students could go outside for 30 minutes on one afternoon for relay games. The students who did not donate were not penalized in any way. This was only a way of saying thanks to those who donated...and it was for a very good cause!
yes

Chapmanville, WV

#18 Jun 3, 2011
Educator wrote:
Getting back to the original post, I want to set the record straight. I teach at Riverside and the event you were referring to was the Relay for Life. During the entire week the school was accepting donations from students and staff as well. For $1 they could purchase a paper cupcake which was displayed in the lobby with the donor's name. For $5 the students could go outside for 30 minutes on one afternoon for relay games. The students who did not donate were not penalized in any way. This was only a way of saying thanks to those who donated...and it was for a very good cause!
Well put.
family member

Prestonsburg, KY

#19 Jun 3, 2011
Educator wrote:
yes it was for a good cause and if you read the entire thing you would have saw that it was all a misunderstanding and she was not penilized for anything
Concerned

West Hamlin, WV

#20 Jul 12, 2011
I just hope none of you all that have a child that is getting ready to go to Kindergarten and is going to Riverside Elementary doesn't get Mrs. H for a teacher because she is a witch and a liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Victoria Courts 51 min Bet a dolla 6
reward 9 hr Mes 2
Williamson Drug Bust 11 hr Chiefy 7
crooked town Sat Dumbass 15
new in town trying to score coke (Jul '15) Fri Mr in formative 13
Williamson Towers Thu RealPirate 3
Mikes Tires CHEATS PEOPLE!!! (Dec '12) Jan 18 Beechpapa 35

Williamson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance