Williamson High School closing

Posted in the Williamson Forum

for cryin out loud

Nitro, WV

#1 Apr 17, 2011
Well, to all you people slingin snot and tears: Williamson High School is thing of the past. Do you remember when Chattaroy was closed and all the kids below Fairview were forced to attend? You people made fun of them, treating them as if they were beneath you, that they may have some dreadful disease so you could not associate with them. BUT! you loved the boys that could play basketball, didn't you? Brought home all those trophies, didn't they? Well, Karma is hell, ain't it?????
Bush

Matewan, WV

#2 Apr 17, 2011
I just love me.....
Mingo Man

Saint Albans, WV

#3 Apr 17, 2011
for cryin out loud wrote:
Well, to all you people slingin snot and tears: Williamson High School is thing of the past. Do you remember when Chattaroy was closed and all the kids below Fairview were forced to attend? You people made fun of them, treating them as if they were beneath you, that they may have some dreadful disease so you could not associate with them. BUT! you loved the boys that could play basketball, didn't you? Brought home all those trophies, didn't they? Well, Karma is hell, ain't it?????
I was at WHS when Chattaroy was closed. I don't remember anyone making fun of them or treating them differently. Except for some parents who were vocal over the consolidation; the kids blended in without any problems.
The Kid

Mineral, VA

#4 Apr 18, 2011
I was there too,Probably would have played basketball but wasn't quite good enough when the
talent from CHS came on board.There where really good!There was no problems with the students.I mean I saw it as MORE GIRLS and I'm sure CHS guys did as well .I'm sure it was the same for the girls.We all knew each other from little league sports and from just hanging out...
Sounds to me like someone here is from Chattaroy and is still whining after all these years,Grow up already!
Wolfpack forever

Inez, KY

#5 Apr 18, 2011
I too went to Chattaroy but it was only a Junior High when I went (during the 70's). I know it was still strange going into WHS but, after awhile we was just one big family and everyone got along.

I am not against consolidation just against the way that this was forced down everyone's throat and how a few made the decision for everyone. I also think that the kids should be allowed to attend a school that is the closest to where they live. Makes no sense for a kid to ride in a bus one direction for a hour when they could be at another school in the county in less than 15-20 minutes.
american

Inez, KY

#6 Apr 19, 2011
for cryin out loud wrote:
your retarded.......
James D Williams

Lexington, KY

#7 Sep 30, 2012
The folks from Chattaroy transfer were the nicest people in the world!
1 post removed
Capitan Obvious

Cynthiana, KY

#9 Sep 30, 2012
Sorry I Meant Afro Americans
finally

Anonymous Proxy

#10 Oct 12, 2012
the last person in williamson should turn off the lights. they are putting williamson out of business.
Honestly

Man, WV

#11 Oct 12, 2012
finally wrote:
the last person in williamson should turn off the lights. they are putting williamson out of business.
And it's people in leadership positions in the county doing it. I cannot think of another single county in this state that works so hard to move everything from their county seat.
really

Humboldt, TN

#12 Oct 31, 2012
When is it closing????so sad...
u got it

Inez, KY

#13 Oct 31, 2012
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's people in leadership positions in the county doing it. I cannot think of another single county in this state that works so hard to move everything from their county seat.
that is why our beloved mayor and others HAVE to go! Can someone please name ONE thing that he has done?
Honestly

Man, WV

#14 Nov 1, 2012
u got it wrote:
<quoted text> that is why our beloved mayor and others HAVE to go! Can someone please name ONE thing that he has done?
What are you planning to do if you are elected Mayor? Please expalin how you would stop the county leaders from taking everything out of the county seat and placing it toward Gilbert.
Truth is

Huntington, WV

#15 Dec 3, 2012
You can't do anything without buck Harless' approval. Money is the grease that keeps the world turning. And anyone will take a payoff to do as he says
not 6ft down yet hmmm

Netherlands

#16 Dec 3, 2012
Truth is wrote:
You can't do anything without buck Harless' approval. Money is the grease that keeps the world turning. And anyone will take a payoff to do as he says
good lord is that old b""tard still alive? i figured he would have croaked years ago.
mingo central graduate

Lubbock, TX

#17 Dec 4, 2012
not 6ft down yet hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
good lord is that old b""tard still alive? i figured he would have croaked years ago.
really,, why would you say that about anyone,,, Buck Harless is a great man and the reason Mingo Central has a football feild and everything to do with the feild,, and the one who helped with the money to build it,,
who ever you are, needs to stop being so cruel,, and one day, youe words are gonna haunt you,,
grow up,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Underpass graffiti 5 hr Help our city 6
King Coal Festival 6 hr Bump 12
Lyrics Game (Jan '10) 7 hr Music lover 63
God Created Adam and Eve Not Adam and Steve. 7 hr Real Christian 118
George Zimmerman found not guilty (Jul '13) 7 hr Ralph 9
williamson dmv (Feb '09) 7 hr Patron 8
christian music (Oct '11) 8 hr loves God 15
Williamson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web