Lucy

Delbarton, WV

#1 Aug 17, 2012
is it against the law to burn in the city limits. this guy lives next door to me and hes all time burn trash around dark every other evening and these houses are close togeter here, if one goes up they all will burn. whats wrong with stupid people and where are the cops they ant strolling the city. this guy is tto sorry to pay a garbage bill.the fire dept or law needs to roll up thru here some evening about the edge of dark.. hes out there now . and smoke was rolling every where .
Report him

Logan, WV

#2 Aug 17, 2012
Lucy wrote:
is it against the law to burn in the city limits. this guy lives next door to me and hes all time burn trash around dark every other evening and these houses are close togeter here, if one goes up they all will burn. whats wrong with stupid people and where are the cops they ant strolling the city. this guy is tto sorry to pay a garbage bill.the fire dept or law needs to roll up thru here some evening about the edge of dark.. hes out there now . and smoke was rolling every where .
Maybe call the health dept and report it. It is considered an illegal dump, and I'm sure it creates rats, etc with that garbage lying around.
call

Huntington, WV

#3 Aug 17, 2012
call the dep...no one can burn garbage..only tree branches and leafs from a garden...
Ridge Runner

Belfry, KY

#4 Aug 17, 2012
Lucy wrote:
Why don't you use a little common sense and call the Fire Department the next time he's burning something and let them handle it?
Report him

Logan, WV

#5 Aug 18, 2012
Ridge Runner wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you use a little common sense and call the Fire Department the next time he's burning something and let them handle it?
Why waste the fire department's time with someone burning household trash, unless the fire poses a threat to get out of control and start a forest fire or burn surrounding structures, and would they even do anything to prevent him/her from burning trash in the future? Burning of household trash, even in a barrel, needs reported to WV Department of Enviornmental Protection and Health Department. Burning household waste is a serious threat to public health and the environment. Open Burning of Garbage is Illegal - It's the law - 45CSR6 "Control of Air Pollution from Combustion of Refuse". http://www.dep.wv.gov/DAQ/CANDE/Pages/OpenBur...
Lucy

Delbarton, WV

#6 Aug 18, 2012
thats ok i took care of it i screamed over there if he didnt put it out i was calling the law and the firedept. and he put it out real quik . he was burn beer boxes and put branches and limbs on ther and these houses are in close together here. and the sparks was flying.and i talk to afreind i know at thr fire dept and they said its a city ordiance that you cant burn in city limits.
Ridge Runner

Belfry, KY

#7 Aug 18, 2012
Report him wrote:
<quoted text>
Why waste the fire department's time with someone burning household trash, unless the fire poses a threat to get out of control and start a forest fire or burn surrounding structures, and would they even do anything to prevent him/her from burning trash in the future? Burning of household trash, even in a barrel, needs reported to WV Department of Enviornmental Protection and Health Department. Burning household waste is a serious threat to public health and the environment. Open Burning of Garbage is Illegal - It's the law - 45CSR6 "Control of Air Pollution from Combustion of Refuse". http://www.dep.wv.gov/DAQ/CANDE/Pages/OpenBur...
Because the fire department is likely to show up immediately to take care of the problem since the smoke from any fire poses a health risk to people with respiratory problems. Open fires in a city with hundreds of older wood buildings is also a danger. Its not a waste of time, its common sense and Lucy should have called the fire department so the point would clearly be made to the neighbor.
Done It Before

Inez, KY

#8 Aug 18, 2012
That's the reason water and sewer rates rise in Williamson over stupid stuff like this....when the fire Dept. is called out.
Don't call the Fire Dept., they'll bitch and whine like babies. Call the DEP or best to call the Forestry Dept.
Fire Dept.....LMAO!
Lucy

Delbarton, WV

#9 Aug 18, 2012
by the way this was in williamson
MARK

Delbarton, WV

#10 Aug 18, 2012
you can burn in williamson yard waste and trees, paper but not garbage. i think its after 4pm only.
jackboots

Logan, WV

#11 Aug 18, 2012
the city has a law that says the fd can stop someone from burning even brush if it is a nusiance or threat to property. every residence in the city is required by law to have a garbage card, so theres no excuse to burn it. they just do a piss poor job of enforcing the laws. theyre too busy taking drug evidence out of wrecked vehicles for their pals to keep them out of jail.
Lucy

Delbarton, WV

#12 Aug 19, 2012
hey listen i talk to one the fire men and he told me to either call fire dept or the law and it is a danger where we live. these houses are really close together up here and he works and draws check too and wont pay his garbage. i never seen them take his garbage. and the sparks were flying everywhere.thats why i hollered at him. i dont like get people in trouble but they shpould respect that other people live around here too and his house is red brick it wouldnt burn that quik
sos

Logan, WV

#13 Aug 19, 2012
I live on the hill at the nursing home and the junk man down the hill burns stuff all the time. What ever he is burning smells really bad that smoke comes straight up to my house. What can be done about that?
Lucy

Delbarton, WV

#14 Aug 19, 2012
sos wrote:
I live on the hill at the nursing home and the junk man down the hill burns stuff all the time. What ever he is burning smells really bad that smoke comes straight up to my house. What can be done about that?
i dont know but i would call the epa. thats a hazard to peoples health.and theman who runs the junk dont pay no taxes to his employees either.
Just Me

Inez, KY

#15 Aug 21, 2012
Call the Forestry. That's what i was told to do, and I'm in City Limits.
1 post removed
Lucy

Delbarton, WV

#17 Aug 26, 2012
this butthead just keeps coming out there every other evening after me screaming at him to stop. at least he had a water hose this time.he sits there and drinks beer and watches the fire and other times he go back in the house and leave it burning.hes just an ass if you ask me.he was burning brush again.
lol

Logan, WV

#18 Aug 26, 2012
Lucy wrote:
this butthead just keeps coming out there every other evening after me screaming at him to stop. at least he had a water hose this time.he sits there and drinks beer and watches the fire and other times he go back in the house and leave it burning.hes just an ass if you ask me.he was burning brush again.
If I were you I would go out there and water my lawn and of course water sprays every where and you couldnt help it if it sprayed all over his fire now can you...? Theres more than one way to be an a hole. ;)
Peter St

Inez, KY

#19 Aug 26, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text> If I were you I would go out there and water my lawn and of course water sprays every where and you couldnt help it if it sprayed all over his fire now can you...? Theres more than one way to be an a hole. ;)
Then she would be in trouble with the law.
I did this a couple of years ago for kind of the same reason and was almost arrested for battery. Yup, battery, because the water touched the man.
Anyway, back then, my neighbor was allowed to burn so many feet from a dweeling. can't remember the distance. 15 or 18 feet? I really can't remember. I was to scared about going to jail. Also, i was looking at a assult charge for yelling at him.
Go figure ....good-luck!
Lucy

Delbarton, WV

#20 Aug 26, 2012
Peter St wrote:
<quoted text>Then she would be in trouble with the law.
I did this a couple of years ago for kind of the same reason and was almost arrested for battery. Yup, battery, because the water touched the man.
Anyway, back then, my neighbor was allowed to burn so many feet from a dweeling. can't remember the distance. 15 or 18 feet? I really can't remember. I was to scared about going to jail. Also, i was looking at a assult charge for yelling at him.
Go figure ....good-luck!
well peter street if you live there then you know who i am talking about. the red brick building. and these houses are all close together.he even does it when the wind is blowing. and its not even his land hes burning on. well i am in my house when i am yelling at him and he hears me and puts it out and goes back in the house or apt , i should say.hes too cheap to get a garbage card.i can see out my bedroom window and look right at him.he seen me the other day and got mad and slung his shovel down after he covered the fire up.
lol

Logan, WV

#21 Aug 26, 2012
Lucy wrote:
<quoted text>well peter street if you live there then you know who i am talking about. the red brick building. and these houses are all close together.he even does it when the wind is blowing. and its not even his land hes burning on. well i am in my house when i am yelling at him and he hears me and puts it out and goes back in the house or apt , i should say.hes too cheap to get a garbage card.i can see out my bedroom window and look right at him.he seen me the other day and got mad and slung his shovel down after he covered the fire up.
Everyone has to have a garbage card. Report him if you think he doesnt. Get a sprinkler and put it in your yard they cant get you for assault then you are aloud to water your grass if you want. That ba*tard better be glad he doesnt live beside of me I dont scare so easley.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is having problems with DHHR 5 hr help 7
Who is getting divorced? suddenly single! (Aug '14) 20 hr i her shes good 57
help Sat help 2
News Parking concerns in the City Sat TOM TOM 19
God Created Adam and Eve Not Adam and Steve. Mar 27 -zaphod- 234
Amy Chapman Mar 26 always be her sid... 22
Robbie Evans Mar 26 DSDinKy 3
Williamson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web